We know from personal experience how difficult it can be to find the best toys for kids with ADHD to help enhance and improve their quality of life. Children with ADHD are not just hyperactive and/or lack the ability to pay attention for an extended period of time.
They may also suffer from lack of self esteem and anxiety, as well as having other problems that they need to learn to deal with.
Many parents of children with ADHD look for toys for their child that may help them to overcome, at least temporarily, some of the problems they have, making life easier for their child.
We really want to help make finding these toys as simple as possible. After endless hours of dedicated research, we have handpicked some really good toys for kids with ADHD that may provide some relief or diminish some of the symptoms of this condition.
- Best ADHD Toys to Help Calm Hyperactivity
- Best Toys For ADHD To Help Children Reduce Their Attention Deficit Symptoms
Best ADHD Toys to Help Calm Hyperactivity
Children with ADHD who tend to be hyperactive usually need more physical activity to help them feel calm than children who are not hyperactive.
Indoor and outdoor toys that can help children burn off some of their excess energy may help calm them enough to concentrate for periods of time and make them feel more relaxed.
Here are some of the best toys to help calm hyperactivity:
Kidoozie Foam Pogo Jumper
The Kidoozie Foam Pogo Jumper is a lot like a pogo stick with a wider than normal base and made of foam so it can be used indoors or out.
This Kidoozie Pogo Jumper is designed for children age 3 years old and up (normally until age 8). Ten or fifteen minutes of jumping using the Foam Pogo Jumper may allow your ADHD child to burn off some of that excess energy, so they can concentrate on homework or have an easier time falling asleep.
Read our detailed Kidoozie Foam Pogo Jumper review to see if this would be a great toy for your child.
Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter
Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter – Blue>/p> Non electric scooters can give any child a good amount of exercise and burn off energy. However, if you are looking for a scooter that burns off a good deal of energy, then you might want to consider the Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter. Best suited for children age 6 years and up, it’s a 3 wheel scooter that requires a side to side movement to propel the scooter forward, instead of pushing with your foot and then coasting like most other scooters.
In addition, your child can do tricks on this scooter, such as 360 degree spins, side drifts and more. This Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter can have the following benefits for children who are hyperactive:
- Burn off Excess Energy: Using this scooter will burn off excess energy helping your child feel calmer for at least a period of time
- May Help Improve Self-Esteem: Learning to do different tricks on this scooter allows your child to feel good about themselves, improving their self-esteem
- May Help Improve Concentration: Learning to do the various tricks on this scooter may actually help your child to improve their concentration, since they will need to concentrate to perfect the tricks. This in turn may help them concentrate better in other areas as well
Read our detailed Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter review to see if this might be a suitable gift for your child.
Read our detailed Razor PowerWing DLX Caster Scooter review to see if this is the perfect toy for your child.
Huge Rainbow Kite For Kids
Flying kites requires children to run, and this Huge Rainbow Kite is a great kite for kids with ADHD because it’s easy to launch and fly, and comes with its own string and handle.
The bright colors on this kite, along with it’s large size, will grab your child’s attention and help them burn off a good deal of excess energy. This is a great kite for kids age 6 years old and up.
Read our detailed Huge Rainbow Kite For Kids review to see if this would be the perfect toy for your child.
Powell Golden Dragon Flying Dragon Complete Skateboard
The Powell Golden Dragon Flying Dragon Complete Skateboard is a great toy for any child age 9 years old and up and perfectly suitable for kids with ADHD.
This skateboard is smooth rolling and has polyurethane high rebound wheels, which makes it perfect for trick riding. It may have the following benefits for children who are hyperactive:
- Great Way To Burn Off Excess Energy: Perfect for getting in exercise and fresh air, this skateboard can help your hyperactive child burn off some of that excess energy and help them to feel calmer
- Can Help Build Self-Confidence: Learning to do tricks on this skateboard and becoming good at some of the tricks will help improve your child’s self-confidence and self-esteem
Read our detailed Powell Golden Dragon Flying Dragon Complete Skateboard review to see if your child will enjoy riding this toy.
Dynasty Toys Laser Tag Set For Kids (Multiplayer 4 Pack)
Laser tag is a great way for any child to get a bit of exercise while engaging with their friends. This Dynasty Toys Laser Tag Set comes in a 4 pack, which allows your child to run and play with their friends.
These Dynasty Toy Laser Tag guns have cool sounds and light effects, and the gun itself is a target, so there is no need to wear a vest or any special clothing when playing.
This laser set is also child safe and designed for children ages 10 years old and up. The laser tag set may have the following benefits for children with ADHD, including:
- Allows Your Child To Practice Socialization Skills:Many children with ADHD have difficulty socializing with other children their age due to their hyperactivity and problems with paying attention for longer periods of time.Since this laser set requires your child to play with one or more other children, it given them the opportunity to gain social skills by sharing in something fun that they are interested in. Sharing an interest allows a child with ADHD to feel more comfortable socializing with others.
- Helps Your Child Burn off Excess Energy: Playing laser tag involves a great deal of running which will help your child burn off excess energy, allowing them to feel calmer after playing a game
Read our detailed Dynasty Toys Laser Tag Set For Kids review to see how much fun your child can have with this toy!
Marky Sparky Blast Pad Missile Launcher
If you are looking for a toy that will help your child with ADHD to burn off some of their excess energy, then this Marky Sparky Blast Pad Missile Launcher may well fit the bill.
This missile launcher consists of a telescopic launch tube and 3 missiles. The missiles are launched by your child jumping on the launching pad and forcing air through the launcher.
So the harder your child jumps, the higher the missiles fly! This blast pad allows your child to burn off energy by running and jumping on the launching pad.
Kids love to launch the missiles over and over again so that they can get them to fly higher and higher.
Read our detailed Marky Sparky Blast Pad Missile Launcher review to see if your child might enjoy this toy.
Razor Ripstick Ripster
This Razor Ripstick Ripster is a fun pivoting deck type of skateboard that uses 360 degree caster trucks.
The 27 inch high tech pivoting deck and urethane wheels are perfect for doing tricks and flips. This Ripstick Ripster is a great toy for children with ADHD for a couple of reasons, including:
- The Ripstick Burns Excess Energy: The ripstick burns a significant amount of excess energy since using this toy requires your child to be constantly moving. Unlike a traditional skateboard where you push off and then ride on the board, the Ripstick is propelled by a constant twisting motion
- May Help Improve Concentration: Learning how to ride the Ripstick and perform the different tricks requires concentration on your child’s part. Children who learn to concentrate on one thing, may with practice be able to train themselves to concentrate on other activities, including school work
- Helps Your Child Develop Self-Esteem: Many children with ADHD often have lower self-esteem, so learning how to do different tricks using this toy that some other children may struggle to do, can help your child develop their self-esteem.
Read our detailed Razor Ripstick Ripster review to see if your adventurous child would love this toy!
Read our detailed Razor Ripstik Classic Caster Board Pink Review if you’re child loves pink!
Read our detailed RipStik Caster Board Review if you’re child loves a challenging toy!
Best Toys For ADHD To Help Children Reduce Their Attention Deficit Symptoms
Children with ADHD often have difficulty paying attention and concentrating which can affect their ability to perform school work, play games with rules, and follow home rules.
Parents who choose to treat their children’s ADHD naturally often look for toys that can help their child reduce their attention deficit symptoms and increase their ability to concentrate.
Here are some great toys that may help your child reduce their attention deficit and increase their ability to concentrate through various means:
Tangle Junior (Set of 3)
Some children with ADHD have difficulty concentrating because they suffer from anxiety that keeps them from being able to pay attention to things that are going on around them. In other cases, the excess energy a child with ADHD has, makes it difficult to concentrate unless they are doing something.
Studies have shown that giving a child something to do with their hands may help relieve anxiety and help reduce some of their excess energy enough to improve their ability to concentrate.
These Tangle Junior toys are small and portable and can be taken apart and put back together as well as twisted and molded.
Keeping hands busy may help reduce your child’s anxiety and help reduce their need to move, making it easier for them to concentrate.
Recommended for kids age 3 year olds and up, this is a great fidget toy for any boy or girl who needs that extra bit of help to stay focused.
Frick Frack Fidgets (Set of 10)
These Frick Frack Fidgets are about 3 inches long and 1 inch wide and are a mesh tube with a marble sewn inside. They work by allowing your child to move the marble back and forth within the tube, keeping their hands busy and relieveing stress and anxiety.
Teachers love them because they are quiet and do not cause undue distraction when used in a classroom by children with ADHD, while at the same time allowing your child to concentrate by feeling less anxious.
Suitable for children age 3 and up, lots of older kids with ADHD enjoy using them because they are small, discreet, and not noticeable to their friends.
They are great stress buddy toys and relatively inexpensive so very easy to replace if they get mislaid or lost.
D-FantiX Cyclone 3×3 Speed Cube
This D-FantiX Cyclone 3×3 Speed Cube is a brightly colored 3X3 puzzle cube made of ABS non-toxic materials. To solve the cube, your child needs to get all the squares of the same color on each of the 6 sides.
This cube is perfect for children age 5 years and up and can keep them engaged for long periods of time. The speed cube may have the following benefits for children with ADHD:
- No Stickers To Peel Off: Children with ADHD often pick at things and so speed cubes with stickers on each square may end up having the stickers removed. Since this Fanti X speed cube does not have stickers, your child will get more play out of it
- Great For Reducing Anxiety Associated With ADHD:Children can twist and turn the speed cube keeping their hands busy which studies show may help reduce anxiety and stress, leaving your child feeling less anxious and more relaxed
- May Help Improve Concentration: Children love trying to solve these puzzle, and in order to do so, your child needs to concentrate and think about the way they turn the cubes to solve the puzzle
Read our detailed D-FantiX Cyclone 3×3 Speed Cube review to see if this might be the perfect gift for your child.
Mazichands Bracelet Making Kit
This Mazichands Bracelet Making Kit is a nice rubber band bracelet kit that allows your child and their friends to make 28 rubber band bracelets.
The kit also has a sturdy hook for making the bracelets and an instructional book. Designed for children age 6 years old and up, this bracelet making kit may be beneficial for children with ADHD for the following reasons:
- May Improve Concentration: It requires a certain amount of concentration in order to make these friendship bracelets, so children with ADHD who are interested in this kit will be able to practice their concentration skills while making these bracelets
- May Help Improve Socialization Skills: Because there are enough rubber bands in this kit to make over 2 dozen bracelets, your child can make bracelets with other children who share the same interest. This will allow your child to practice their socialization skills and have an opportunity to make friends
Read our detailed Mazichands Bracelet Making Kit review if your child loves creative toys.
Some parents may feel that giving their child with ADHD a Perplexus is unwise because these are difficult puzzles to solve.
However, this is actually what makes them a good choice for kids with ADHD because they will see other people struggling to solve this puzzle and won’t feel so different or frustrated when they find it difficult.
There are several Perplexus puzzles to choose from and the Perplexus Original is a good place to start.
The puzzle is a maze within a sphere and you need to spin, flip, and twist the sphere to keep the ball bearing on the track of the maze and overcome the obstacles. This puzzle may have the following benefits for children with ADHD:
- May Help Your Child Improve Their Concentration: This puzzle maze is addictive and most children can’t seem to resist picking it up and trying to complete it. Working this puzzle will help your child practice their concentration skills and may help them improve their concentration
- May Improve Your Child’s Self-Esteem: Even if your child does not solve this puzzle maze, it may help them improve their self-esteem, because as they get further and further around the track, they will feel a sense of accomplishment
Read our detailed Perplexus Original review to see if your child would love this popular challenging toy.
Read our detailed Perplexus Star Wars Death Star review if your child is a Star Wars fan!
Read our detailed Perplexus Epic review if your child loves a real challenge!
Jenga is a great game that children can play by themselves or with others. The game consists of 54 blocks that are stacked into the tower.
Each player takes turns removing one block and stacking it on top of the tower without knocking the tower down. Playing this game is simple and fun and may be beneficial to children with ADHD for the following reasons:
- Requires Them To Focus: Removing and stacking the blocks requires concentration and focus, at least for the short duration of each persons turn. This allows your child to practice their concentration skills. Due to the need to concentrate for shorter periods of time than most games, Jenga allows children with ADHD to feel on equal footing with other players
- Encourages Children To Work On Their Socialization Skills: Because this game is more fun to play with two, three, or four people, it will allow your child to work on their socialization skills, including sportsmanship and making conversation
Read our detailed Jenga Review to see if this strategy toy would be the perfect gift for your child.
Be Amazing Toys Big Bag of Science
This Be Amazing Toys Big Bag of Science contains 70 fun science activities and experiments with step by step instructions.
It includes activities for both inside and outside which parents love. It’s great for helping children with ADHD practice their concentration skills and learn more about science.
Designed for children age 8 and up, these science experiments can also make for great parent/child bonding time.
Read our detailed Be Amazing Toys Big Bag of Science review to see if it would be the ideal present for your child.
Keep in mind that children with ADHD can play with any toy that any other child plays with. The toys you choose should depend on your child’s interest.
If a child has a real interest in a specific toy, then they will be able to concentrate better. This will help them to learn the skills that are required to play with the toy.
Don’t feel you have to limit your child to the toys on this list. We’ve used our personal experience to handpick these particular toys. We know that children with ADHD really loved them, enjoyed playing with them, and they helped them with their ADHD.