Our list of the best toys for 8 year old girls helps you think a little bit outside of the box. Your precious eight year old girl has outgrown a lot of the types of toys that once held her interest.
She is ready for bigger challenges, more open to exploring her creative side and eager to continue learning new skills. She will be more inquisitive about how things work and why things are the way they are, but happy to seek those answers for herself if pointed in the right direction.
Her communication skills have significantly improved, as have her gross and fine motor skills. Her intellectual ability is expanding and she loves to share all the fun stuff she’s learning with you. She’s fun, adventurous and loves to play with her friends.
We’ve chosen the best toys for an 8 year old girl that reflect all of these things, from challenging and creative craft sets to building sets, robots, and daredevil ride-ons!
- 8 Top Toys For 8 Year Old Girls
8 Top Toys For 8 Year Old Girls
Spirograph Deluxe Design Tin Set
If your 8 year old princess enjoys being creative, then she’s going to love the Spirograph Delux Design Tin Set!
For well over 50 years, children have been using spirographs to create unique intricate designs and interesting art work to color with pencils or pens.
This Spirograph Design Set is a modern take on the original Spirograph. Your little girl will get 45 pieces in this set, including 19 wheels, 2 rings to keep the gears inside to create the designs, spiral putty to hold each ring in place and keep it from moving when she is creating her designs, 3 different colored pens, and 20 sheets of drawing paper.
She will also get a guide that shows her how to create different designs, as well as a nice portable storage case to keep everything together.
Once your little princess gets the hang of using the Spirograph to create designs, she can then begin to create her own unique designs using this set.
Please note that regular paper can be used once the 20 sheets with the kit are used up, making it possible to create endless designs.
Your child can use this set to create her own Mandala like coloring pages, or to make unique cards or pictures for her friends, siblings or family members.
This Spirograph set can also be used to create a design on a sanded piece of wood that can then be painted to make a really cool wall plaque for your little girl to hang on her bedroom wall.
There is a bit of a learning curve that your child will experience in order to create the very best designs using this set, but the fascination of using this set will help to improve her ability to concentrate for extended periods of time on projects.
If you are looking for a way to inspire your child’s inner artist, then this Spirograph Deluxe Design set is the perfect choice!
Why We Recommend The Spirograph Deluxe Design Tin Set
- Fantastic design set for encouraging your child to explore their creative side
- Provide hours of fun as she draws and colors her designs
- Allows your child to use the designs to create their own special gifts for friends and family
- Wonderful craft and design set for your little girl to enjoy with her friends, siblings and entire family
- Excellent for improving your child’s concentration skills
- Gives your little girl a foundation in art and design
- Helps your child to expand and grow her self-learning skills
- Comes with a guide to kickstart ideas for your child
- Grows with your child, allowing them to be bolder and more adventurous with their designs
Klutz Clay Charms Craft Kit
What 8 year old girl doesn’t love some bling! If your little girl is interested in jewelry, then why not get this wonderul Klutz Clay Charms Craft Kit so that she can make her own.
This kit comes with everything she needs to create her own charm bracelet and additional charms using Polymer clay.
She’ll get a shaping tool, glaze with a brush to apply it to the clay, a guide book giving her easy to follow instructions for making each of the charms, and 9 different colors of clay.
She’ll also get a charm bracelet, charm loops, jump rings, and a drying clay display stand.
This kit makes far more charms than can be accommodated on one charm bracelet, but she can use the additional charms to make her own Shopkins style characters, necklaces, and even earrings, with the purchase of additional jewelry making supplies.
The easy to follow directions make it super easy for most eight year old girls to create these charms on their own, while younger children may need some parental help.
Why We Recommend The Klutz Clay Charms Craft Kit
- Kids absolutely love this craft kid as it provides them with hours of fun!
- Great for encouraging your child to explore her creative side
- Increases your child’s self-esteem and confidence when she successful creates her very own charm bracelets
- Wonderful craft set for your little girl to work on with friends or siblings
- Helps to continue developing your child’s fine motor skills
- Excellent way to improve your child’s dexterity and hand-eye co-ordination skills
- Grows with your child as additional materials can be purchased to expand the numbers and types of bracelets they create
- The perfect starter kit for little girls who love jewelry and want to try their hand at making their own
American Girl Doll Grace With Paperback (2015)
Your eight year old princess is going to swoon with delight when she sees the absolutely gorgeous American Girl Doll Grace!
The American Girl dolls first appeared in 1985 and were the first dolls designed to represent little girls ranging in age from 8 to 12. This made this dolls extremely popular as children in this age range could better relate to the history and the stories of these dolls.
The American Girl Grace doll is based on a fictional little girl named Grace Thomas who lives in Massachusetts with her Mom, Dad, and brother. Grace loves to bake just like her grandmother.
This Grace doll was the American Girl doll of the year for 2015 and comes with a paperback that tells her story, making this doll come alive for your daughter.
Grace stands 18 inches tall, has a cloth body and vinyl face, arms, hands, legs and feet, has long brown hair, blue eyes, and freckles. She is dressed in a Paris inspired tee shirt, a pink skirt, and gray felt booties.
Your little girl will be thrilled to know that Grace comes with a beautiful charm bracelet that her Mom gave her, with eye-catching charms from beautiful Paris!
Grace is cute and attractive and a doll most little girls will be able to clearly relate to.
If you are looking for an age appropriate doll for your 8 year old girl, then this American Girl Grace doll is a great choice, as she can share her stories with Grace and through the book, learn all about Grace’s life.
Why We Recommend American Girl Doll Grace
- The beautiful Grace doll is exceptionally well made and really does resemble a young girl between the ages of 8 and 12
- Fantastic doll for encouraging imaginative and exploratory play, allowing your child to act out events from her own life as well as imagining the life of other children
- This doll is great for your daughter to enjoy sharing secrets with, taking along on car trips, trips to park and even camping, as well as visiting with her friends
- Lots of different outfits and accessories, including baking sets, that are made specifically for Grace
- Outfits made for other 18 inch dolls will fit Grace, giving your little girl lots of outfit ideas
- Your child can learn all about Grace through the paperback that accompanies the doll which encourages reading
- Wonderful doll for independent play
- Great for helping your child to improve her social and communication skills, as she chats away with Grace, her new best friend
- Allows your little princess to have an age appropriate doll she can look up to and admire
Be Amazing Toys Big Bag Of Science Kit
Who says science can’t be fun! Why not help your 8 year old girl increase her powers of observation and develop a love of science with this Be Amazing Toys Big Bag of Science Kit.
Packed with over 70 fun activities and experiments for your little princess to explore and perform, she will enjoy observing the results of each experiment.
She will receive a booklet with step by step instructions for each experiment, as well as test tubes, geyser tube, magnifying glass, papers, powders and lots of other supplies needed to conduct the various fun experiments.
This science kit includes activities for indoor and outdoor play and covers a variety of fields of science and it is a wonderful STEM toy for your eight year old girl.
You do need to add other items to complete some of the experiments, but most of these items can be found in your local grocery store.
The experiments in this kit are most suited to children who have developed basic reading abilities.
This Be Amazing Toys Big Bag of Science is a great way to encourage your eight year old child’s curiosity and introduce them to different science concepts in a fun and engaging way.
Why We Recommend The Big Bag Of Science Kit
- Wonderful kit to help your little girl develop a love of science
- Sharpens your child’s observation skills
- Helps improve your child’s reading skills
- Great for helping your child develop and understanding of procedural steps that need to be followed in order to accomplish certain goals
- Encourages your child’s curiosity about the world around them, leading them to ask themselves a lot of why and how questions and to work out how to solve these problems
- Excellent toy for independent play or for playing with other siblings, parents, grandparents or friends
- It’s fun! This science kit definitely has that all important fun factor for your child to enjoy
- Very engaging and will keep your child entertained and amused for hours
LEGO Friends Heartlake Hotel Building Kit 41101
This amazing LEGO Friends Heartlake Hotel Building Kit 41101 is just perfect for the little 8 year old girl who loves imaginary play, building things, storytelling and adventure!
Most little girls love dollhouse type buildings, and this Heartlake Hotel Building Kit lets your eight year old girl build her very own playhouse for her LEGO friend characters.
What she gets in this set is a whopping 1552 pieces so she can build and decorate her very own 5 Star 3 story hotel! How cool is that!
Her hotel will feature a pool area, cafe, piano bar, a double and single bedroom, an outside dining area and so much more.
She will be thrilled to know that the Heartlake Hotel kit comes with tons of accessories, such as a luggage cart, suitcases, cakes, glasses, room keys, chandelier and an elevator.
And if that wasn’t enough, she will also receive 5 Lego friends, the hotel owner, a bell boy, three friends who are staying in the hotel as well as a dog and a cat.
She can send her LEGO friends sightseeing for the day in the black cab that comes with this awesome LEGO set!
This hotel building kit is designed so your child can rearrange the rooms in the hotel any way they wish, giving her the opportunity to really make this hotel truly her own.
Children love that once this hotel is set up, it has plenty of moving parts for them to explore and play with, such as an elevator that will go up and down, a sliding door, and a revolving door.
This LEGO set makes a great gift for that special eight year old girl on your shopping list!
Why We Recommend The LEGO Heartlake Hotel Building Kit
- Fantastic toy for hours of imaginative, pretend, and creative play. With so many rooms, and even an outside dining area, your child can play out a entire vacation with this set
- Encourages your child to develop her problem solving skills as she works out how to build the hotel and make changes
- Helps to teach your child all about patience as she works with over 1500 pieces to build the hotel of her dreams
- Excellent toy for independent play or for sharing with friends and siblings
- Great for helping your child to improve her confidence and self-esteem. Just think of the sense of satisfaction she will get when she completes this awesome LEGO set
- If playing with others, helps your child to improve her social, communication, sharing and listening skills
- Provides your litte girls with a very exciting challenge
- Encourages your child to engage in storytelling as she share with you or her friends the entire story about her hotel and guests
- Will help to improve your child’s fine motor skills
Wonder Workshop Dash Robot
Is your little girl ready for her first real robot friend? If so, then Wonder Workshop Dash Robot is the perfect choice!
Dash is a cute little blue robot that little girls and boys just love. He comes with the ability to download Free apps on iOS and Android ( Wonder and Blockly apps) that allow your child to code over 100 different adventures to get Dash to move, dance, light up, make sounds, avoid obstacles, react to your child’s voice and much more!
Dash requires no batteries to operate, but he does come with a USB charging cable and 2 brick connectors that make him compatible with LEGO Technic for even more extended play.
In order for your little princess to operate Dash, she will need to have access to an Amazon Kindle device, iPhone, iPad, Apple iOS 8.1+ or tablet.
This robot can be a fun way for your child to learn how to start programming, while enjoying their own 21st Century pal or sidekick that they can control.
There are additional accessories you can purchase for Dash, such as a Xylophone that allows him to play music and a launcher that allows him to throw objects, providing hours of playing and learning fun.
Your little 8 year old girl is going to be bowled over with Dash, who comes ready to play with right out of the box.
While Dash is a little more expensive than other toys, he does offer your child an insight into how robots function and teaches her basic programming skills.
Why We Recommend The Wonder Workshop Dash Robot
- Fantastic fun introduction to robotics and programming for your little girl
- Sturdy and very well made and sure to last your child for years of fun
- Comes fully charged and ready for your little girl to play with
- Lots of apps to choose from that allow your child to program Dash to perform an almost unlimited list of activities or actions
- Keeps your child occupied for hours reducing the likelihood of her getting bored
- Teaches your little girl basic programming skills which she can build on as she teaches Dash more complicated actions
- Excellent toy for helping your child to develop their logic, problem solving and reasoning skills
- Great STEM toy for growing your child’s confidence, self-esteem and knowledge
4M (4563AM) Magnetic Mini Tile Art
What child doesn’t love fridge magnets! Well, with this wonderful Magnetic Mini Tile Art Kit, your little girl can create her very own cute little tile magnets for herself, her family and her friends.
This arts and crafts set comes with 12 tiles measuring 2″ X 2″, a paint strip with brush, and rubber magnetics.
Once your 8 year old girl has created her artistic tile art, she can attach these tiles to your fridge, her school locker or give the magnets to her friends.
She can be as creative as she likes because this mini tile art set allows her to create any design or picture on the tiles that she wants.
This arts and crafts set is an awesome way for your child to fully express her artistic talents anyway she chooses!
Why We Recommend The Magnetic Mini Tile Art Set
- Great arts and crafts set for encouraging your child to explore and develop her creativity
- Because there are no instructions, your little girl can design and paint her own tiles in any way she wishes
- Your little girl gets to display or give away the crafts she creates
- Magnets hold well
- Simple to use but does require patience and accuracy, two great skills for your child to expand on
- Wonderful way to help your child to develop her imagination
- Helps your child to develop and improve her fine motor skills
- Gives your child a sense of pride when she sees her finished work displayed on the fridge
- Great rainy day project to keep boredom at bay!
Razor Ripstik Classic Caster Board Pink
Girls were born to ride! With the beautiful pink Razor Ripstik Classic Caster Board, your little 8 year old girl can do just that!
Here’s what’s interesting about this ride-on, it’s designed to be a combination of a snowboard and skateboard, so your princess can enjoy the thrill of both.
It has a pivoting deck with Polyurethane casters that swivel 360 degrees allowing your eight year old to enjoy carving and shredding like she’s snowboarding or surfing.
This Ripstik comes with a concave deck for better foot control, and a kick nose and tail so your little girl can manipulate it easier, try out various tricks and get some height in her jumps.
The two wheel design of the caster board makes the Ripstik both challenging and fun to ride. The front of the Ripstik is smaller than the back of the board, and unlike skateboards that can go both in both directions, the Ripstik can only work with the front leading off.
It does take some getting use to and it will take your child time to be able to ride and do tricks, but once she does, there will be no stopping her!
With a weight capacity of 220 pounds, this is one awesome ride and makes for the perfect gift for birthday, Christmas or any special occasion.
The Ripstik is a fun riding toy that will provide your child with years of entertainment, as she learns to ride and do tricks on this awesome caster board. And it’s available in lots of different colors, so there’s sure to be one she likes!
Why We Recommend The Razor Ripstik Classic Caster Board
- Girls absolutely love it and have a whale of a time riding it!
- Quality is awesome! The Ripstik is exceptionally well made to the highest standards
- Improves our child’s balance
- Helps your child develop their core strength and conditioning
- Great fun all round exercise for your child
- Grows with your child as they continue learning new ways to use it
- Your child gets to experience the thrill of snowboarding and surfing due to the special and unique design
- Helps build your child’s self-esteem and confidence as they master this Ripstik