Check Table of Contents
- Toys that Provide Fun and Endless Learning Opportunities
- Frequently Asked Questions
At age 2, your little girl is a bundle of energy and fun and she’s becoming even more curious about what’s going on in the world around her.
She’s more mobile, always on the go, is eager to try new things, and she’s ready for new adventures.
Her imaginary world fascinates her and makes her happy, as does pulling, dragging, pushing, and building things.
She just loves pretend play, and it’s a whole lot more fun for her when you participate or when her siblings or friends do. From hosting her own creative tea parties to cooking up a storm in her play kitchen, your precious little princess loves to mimic what mommy and daddy do.
With all of that in mind, we’ve hand-picked some of the best toys for a 2 year old girls.
A Word from a Psychologist
Written By: Psychologist Natasha Tanic
- Age-appropriate toys benefit kids on many levels
- Two year old girls are always ready for new adventures
Toys that Provide Fun and Endless Learning Opportunities
Two year old girls are curious and full of energy. Your girl is becoming more and more confident in her mobility and the ability to explore the world around her.
Playing with dolls, play kitchens, farm animal toys, and blocks teaches a two year old cooperation, sparks imagination and creativity, and helps her develop language, fine and gross motor, and social-emotional skills.
Your two year old girl is happy while building, creating, pushing, and dragging things around.
She becomes more interested in imaginary play, mimicking what the adults do.
She will cook dinner for you, take care of her baby doll’s diaper, take her teddy bear to the doctor’s appointment, and explore other everyday situations through play.
LEGO DUPLO All-in-One Pink Box of Fun
This LEGO DUPLO All-in-One Pink Box of Fun is an awesome way to introduce your toddler to the joys of building!
There are 65 pieces in all, including a bunny, a hen, numbered blocks, decorated bricks, and a little girl figure.
In addition to being able to build countless things with this LEGO DUPLO kit, the numbers and colors on the blocks will also help your little girl with her counting and matching skills.
As with all LEGO DUPLO, the pieces are just the right size for small hands and are very well made. And the sturdy box is designed to hold extra blocks and makes cleaning up easy and convenient once playtime is over.
This is a terrific starter set to introduce your toddler to LEGO and building toys!
It’s very girly and your daughter will love that even the images on the decorated blocks are girl themed!
Why We Recommend The LEGO DUPLO All-in-One Pink Box of Fun
- Little girls love all the things they can build with this set!
- The bricks fit together nicely, which makes building with these blocks less frustrating for toddlers
- Parents like that the box has extra room so more blocks can be added over time
- Helps your child develop her fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Great for developing your child’s problem solving, counting and matching skills
- Great size for small hands
- Helps improve your little girl’s dexterity
- A wonderful LEGO starter set for encouraging imaginative building and creative play
- Convenient storage container makes clean up easy
Fisher Price My First Dollhouse
The adorable Fisher Price My First Dollhouse makes a wonderful first dollhouse for any two year old toddler!
With 3 levels and 5 rooms, your daughter will have plenty of space for all her playtime adventures.
This Fisher Price Dollhouse comes with a family that includes Mom, Dad and Baby.
Other accessories included are a kitchen table, 2 chairs, a toilet with a seat that goes up and down and a one-piece kitchen set that includes a fridge, oven and sink.
The 5 rooms can be set up however your toddler wants so there are plenty of mix and match possibilities.
That being said, the one disappointment that some parents expressed about this cute little Dollhouse is that it’s really hard to get extra furniture and what is available is really expensive.
So if you’re looking for something your little girl can add to as time goes by, this probably isn’t the dollhouse for you.
And that’s precisely why we say it’s a fantastic first dollhouse. But lots of kids got creative when they wanted more to play with and used Little People or Playmobil characters and accessories which fit just fine.
Its compact size means that this Fisher Price Dollhouse won’t take up much storage space.
If you’re wondering what to get your 2 yr old daughter for Christmas or on her birthday, this gorgeous dollhouse could be just what you’re looking for.
Why We Recommend The Fisher Price My First Dollhouse
- Wonderful way to encourage pretend play and role playing in your toddler
- Helps improve your child’s dexterity
- Dolls and furniture are the ideal size for little hands and are easy to play with
- It’s easy to assemble and move from room to room
- Encourages your child to speak more and improve their vocabulary
- This Fisher Price Dollhouse doesn’t use batteries; it runs simply on your little one’s imagination
- Can help teach your child about cooperative play and sharing if they play with it with siblings or friends
- All the figurines bend so they can actually sit on the chairs
- Although additional My First Dollhouse accessories are hard to come by, characters and furniture from other playsets such as Playmobil and Little People fit this dollhouse nicely
- The dollhouse is made from sturdy plastic and built to last so it will grow with your child until they are ready for a larger dollhouse
JC Toys La Baby African American 16″ Soft Body Play Doll
The JC Toys La Baby African American 16″ Soft Body Play Doll is a 16″ realistic looking baby doll that your little two year old girl will love!
She has a vinyl face, arms, legs, and a soft lightweight body. What’s really nice is that the vinyl has a texture that feels like real skin.
This La Baby Doll is extremely cuddly and comes with a 1 piece outfit with a cute little hat. The outfit is easy to take off and is machine washable and the body is surface washable.
This gorgeous doll comes in your choice of 4 ethnicities: African American, Caucasian, Hispanic, and Asian.
This lovable doll would make any two year old little girl extremely happy.
Why We Recommend The JC Toys La Baby African American 16″ Soft Body Play Doll
- Kids love how realistic looking this sweet little doll is!
- Makes a wonderful nurturing companion for your child
- The doll is easy to dress and undress which will amuse and entertain your little one
- This doll can wear preemie clothes so buying additional outfits is easy
- There are different ethnicities to choose from which makes it appealing to many children
- Will help your toddler develop and improve on their social and relationship skills
- Your child will be able to engage in role playing and imaginative play with this lovely La Baby Doll
- Can provide comfort to your child when they feel lonely or sad
- Very well made and designed to last
Melissa & Doug Mine to Love 12″ Brianna Doll
The Melissa & Doug Mine to Love 12″ Brianna Doll has a super soft body, vinyl hands and feet and a gorgeous face with long silky hair.
Her cute two piece outfit is removable and she can open and close her eyes. Brianna comes with a pacifier which she can suck and she can also suck her thumb. Your 2 year old girl can either sit her up or lie her down.
A wonderful doll to carry around and play with, this Mine To Love doll is soft and cuddly and makes a great gift for your toddler at Christmas or on her birthday.
Why We Recommend The Melissa And Doug Brianna Doll
- Brianna is soft and easy for any 2 year old toddler to carry around
- Her gorgeous long hair can be brushed and arranged in different hairstyles which is lots of fun for your child
- She comes with a pacifier that little kids love placing in Brianna’s mouth. Your daughter will also learn that Brianna can suck her thumb!
- A great doll for role-playing and imaginative play
- This Melissa And Doug Doll helps your child develop and improve their fine and gross motor skills
- Brianna can help your child improve and expand their vocabulary as they’ll love to talk to her
- This Mine To Love doll is extremely durable and made to last
- She’s surface washable
Hape Walk-A-Long Puppy Wooden Pull Toy
Your 2 year old toddler will have a blast pulling this sweet and colorful Hape Walk-A-Long Puppy Wooden Pull Toy everywhere they go!
Ideal for indoors and outdoors, this adorable little pull toy wags his tail and moves his head as he’s pulled along.
And his unique design allows her to put him in some fun positions.
Not only do the rubber rimmed wheels make this dog easy to pull along, they also ensure he won’t scratch your floors or make too much noise when your toddler plays with him in the house.
The cute little spotted dog is made from sustainable wood and painted with water-based paint, making him as safe as he is adorable.
This dog pull toy is loved by both girls and boys.
Why We Love The Hape Walk-A-Long Puppy Wooden Pull Toy
- Kids think the moving head and wagging tail are great fun!
- This wooden puppy is simple and fun, a throwback to the types of wooden toys that many parents and grandparents played with when they were kids
- A wonderful toy that will spark your little one’s imagination
- Encourages exercise as kids love taking their pretend dog for a walk outside around the neighborhood
- The toy has excellent craftsmanship as we’ve come to expect from HAPE
- It is durable and built to last so he can be passed down from child to child
Read more about pull along toys in lovevery.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Girls Love Playing with Dolls?
Girls generally love playing with dolls because dolls are an excellent tool for imaginative play. Two year old girls start exploring their imagination and creativity, and dolls can help them engage in the exciting world of pretend-play.
Imaginative doll play can help your two year old girl practice social and emotional skills such as empathy, self-regulation, responsibility, and much more.
Toddler Carries her Favorite Plush Toy Everywhere. Should You be Concerned?
Plush toys and animals are among two year olds’ favorites.
But, for most toddlers, a plush bunny or bear is much more than a toy.
Young girls consider these toys their companions, providing comfort, inspiring imagination and creativity, developing language, and helping them self-soothe.
Your child probably loves taking her favorite plush toy to daycare as it allows her to overcome separation anxiety.
As long as your child uses her toys appropriately, there is no reason to worry.