Some of the best toys for 11 year old boys reflect the changes your child is going through in this transitional time in his life.
At this age, your child is in the early years of adolescence and may have already begun puberty so he’s experiencing a lot of changes with his body and mind.
He’s trying to forge his own way and wants to be very independent. At times he may act quite maturely while other times his behavior may seem more childlike.
Intellectually he’s able to reason with a more adult-like logic and he’s better at problem solving and abstract thinking. His memory capacity is increasing but his thoughts may be scattered so he still needs help concentrating.
It can be a confusing time for your child and that confusion can manifest as stress for him.
So our list of awesome toys for 11 year old boys includes toys that will challenge your child’s intellect and develop his ability to focus. You’ll also find toys that will keep him active, which will relieve some of the stress of adolescence and help him develop physically.
And of course, we always choose toys that are tons of fun because we believe that having fun is important at any age!
- 11 Top Toys For 11 Year Old Boys
- Elenco SCL 175b Snap Circuits Lights Electronics Discovery Kit
- Perplexus Epic
- Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster
- Nerf N-Strike Elite Tactical Vest
- Holy Stone F181 RC Quadcopter Drone (New Version)
- LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon Building Kit
- Capture the Flag REDUX
- Wilson NFL MVP Football
- Razor RipStik Ripster
- LEGO Mindstorms EV3 31313
- LEGO Technic BMW R 1200 GS Adventure Set
11 Top Toys For 11 Year Old Boys
Elenco SCL 175b Snap Circuits Lights Electronics Discovery Kit
If your eleven year old child is into electronics or science, he’ll love the Elenco SCL 175b Snap Circuits Lights Electronics Discovery Kit!
This awesome kit is has over 55 color coded parts that can be used to build 175+ projects, all having to do with lights and sound.
Projects go from quite simple to more complex, allowing your child to build on the knowledge he acquires as he goes along and gains more understanding of circuitry.
Some of the things your child can build using this kit include a glow in the dark propeller, a doorbell, an infrared detector, a strobe light with spinning patterns and lots more.
There are even projects that can be plugged into an iPod or MP3 player so that your child can create a light show to the beat of his own music. How cool is that!
As with all Snap Circuit kits, each part snaps easily together and can be used again and again in different projects.
The included manual has full color illustrations and detailed instructions on how to do each project. And the really neat thing is that your child can experiment with all the parts to make his own unique creations.
The SCL 175b requires 4 AA batteries (not included) and is a great introduction to electronics that’s sure to provide your child with hours of circuit building fun!
Why We Recommend The Elenco SCL 175b Snap Circuits Lights Electronics Discovery Kit
- Kids think it’s tons of fun!
- Your child can build over 175 different projects
- Great way for your child to learn the basics of electronics and circuitry
- It’s interesting and educational
- Allows your child to experiment with the parts and come up with his own unique creations
- Helps improve your child’s ability to read and follow instructions
- As your child is able to progress from more simple projects to more complex ones, his self esteem and sense of accomplishment will grow
- Can be combined with other Snap Circuit kits for even more electronic circuit building fun!
- Helps improve your child’s problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Well made and built to last so can be passed down from child to child
- Parents think this kit gives you great value for your money
If your 11 year old has mastered Perplexus Original and Perplexus Rookie, he’ll definitely want to try his hand at Perplexus Epic!
As with all the Perplexus puzzles, Perplexus Epic is a maze puzzle that’s contained inside a sphere. The object is for your child to keep the silver ball on the track while he twists, turns and flips the sphere as he works his way through the numbered obstacles.
But Whenever the ball falls off the track, your child will have to start again from the beginning. Fun, challenging and sometimes even frustrating!
Epic is the largest and hardest of all the Perplexus puzzles so it’s definitely not for the faint of heart! It contains 22 feet of track and has over 125 different challenges that must be mastered including drops, an elevator, steps and more.
To get all the way through this maze your child will need quick and steady hands and a quick mind.
What makes this puzzle so addictive is that it’s almost impossible to solve in one go and for that reason, many people find themselves coming back to Epic again and again. Each time they’re bound and determined to get further along the track and closer to solving this awesome maze puzzle!
It should be noted that if your child has never solved a Perplexus puzzle before, it’s a good idea to start with an easier version. Both Perplexus Rookie and Perplexus Original are more suited to someone who has never solved a Perplexus puzzle before.
Perplexus Epic makes a great gift for any Perplexus loving 11 year old. It’s a sure-fire way to give your child a fun challenge that will grab and hold his attention again and again!
Why We Recommend Perplexus Epic
- It’s tons of fun!
- Really challenging to solve
- Helps improve your child’s concentration
- Great way to develop hand-eye coordination and motor skills
- Teaches patience and helps kids learn how to deal with frustration
- Solving it helps improves your child’s self esteem and sense of accomplishment
- Portable so it’s great to take along on vacation and road trips
- Fun for the whole family!
Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster
Any Nerf toy weapon lover will be thrilled to add the Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster to his collection!
This awesome blaster has a rotating barrel that easily flips open, allowing your child to load and fire 6 Elite darts in rapid succession. And kids love that it’s so easy to reload because it allows them to battle with both speed and mobility.
The darts stay accurate up to 75 ft and can travel up to 90 ft total distance, so this Nerf gun is great target practice as well as for indoor or outdoor Nerf wars.
6 darts are included with the N-Strike Elite and extra darts can be purchased separately. Plus, in addition to Elite darts your child can also use suction cup, taggers and whistle darts with the Strongarm Blaster which totally adds to the fun and excitement!
The Nerf-N-Strike Elite Strongarm offers hours of fun for anyone who likes to engage those play battles with friends and family.
Why We Recommend The Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster
- Kids think it’s tons of fun!
- Easy and safe to use
- Allows for rapid firing of 6 darts
- Reloads quick
- Helps improve your child’s hand-eye coordination motor skills and dexterity
- In addition to Elite darts, suction cup, taggers and whistle darts can also be used with the Elite Strongarm
- Accurate up to 75 ft
- Great for indoor and outdoor Nerf battles
- Ideal for target practice
- Built to last
Nerf N-Strike Elite Tactical Vest
With the official Nerf N-Strike Elite Tactical Vest, your eleven year old will have tons of firepower for his next N-Strike mission!
This awesome vest has enough loops to hold 12 darts and an area where your child can put up to 4 quick reload clips. It also features 2 pockets that can hold small Nerf guns, extra ammo or any other goodies that might be needed during battle.
There’s even a clip where your child can clip an an extra blaster, a walkie talkie or any other accessory he want to take with him to his next Nerf war.
Along with the vest, your child will also get 12 Elite darts and 2 quick reload clips that hold 6 darts each. The Elite darts are compatible with any N-Strike Elite Blaster and most original N-Strike blasters.
This Elite Tactical Vest is perfect for those Nerf wars where your child needs to stay armed while he’s on the move! And the easy to adjust velcro strips ensure this vest will fit kids of all sizes.
It’s got everything your child needs to suit up for combat prior to those backyard Nerf wars with friends and family.
Why We Recommend The Nerf N-Strike Elite Tactical Vest
- It comes with 12 Elite darts and 2 quick reload clips
- Loops hold up to 12 darts
- 2 pockets can hold small Nerf guns, extra ammo or whatever else your child needs for his next Nerf war
- Can hold up to 4 quick reload clips
- Convenient clip can hold an extra blaster, a walkie talkie or any other object needed during battle
- Velcro straps adjust easily so vest fits kids of all sizes
- Durable and made to last so can be handed down from child to child
Holy Stone F181 RC Quadcopter Drone (New Version)
Holy Stone 1080P FPV Drone with HD Camera for Adult Kid Beginner, RC Quadcopter F181W with Carrying Case, Voice Control, Gesture Control, Wide-Angle Live Video, Altitude Hold, 2 Batteries, Easy to Fly
If your child wants to start flying drones, the Holy Stone F181 RC Quadcopter Drone is a great way to get him started!
This awesome little drone has all kinds of features that make it ideal for beginner drone enthusiasts and those with less experience flying a drone.
The 6-axis gyro stability ensures that the F181 is easy to fly and stays stable in flight. Plus the altitude hold function allows the drone to hover and maintain its height easily and that makes taking pictures and video much easier.
Made out of ABS elastic plastic, the F181 shouldn’t get damaged if it crashes from low to medium altitudes. On top of that, the quad comes with propeller guards that provide extra protection in the event of a crash.
A headless security system and key return help keep this drone on course so it’s less likely to get lost, which is another bonus for inexperienced flyers.
The Holy Stone F181 is a 4 channel 2.4GHz drone with a 1080P HD camera. Its range is about 50 to 100 metres and it flies for about 20 minutes on a fully charged battery.
The battery takes about 60-90 minutes to charge and one of the great things about the F181 is that it comes with 2 batteries and 2 chargers so your child can replace a dead battery with a fresh one and be back in the air in no time flat.
This cool quadcopter easily moves left, right, forward and backward and is capable of doing 360 degree flips and a continuous roll.
Out of the box you get the quadcopter itself, the remote transmitter, 2 batteries, 2 USB charging cables, 4 extra propellers, 4 propeller guards, 2 landing skids, a screwdriver and the user manual.
It should be noted that the remote transmitter requires 4 AA batteries which are not included.
Great for both outdoor and indoor flying, the bright LED lights on the front, back and nose not only look great at night but also make this drone easy to see in the night sky.
The F181 Quadcopter is a great choice for someone who’s just learning how to fly a drone and would make a wonderful gift for any occasion!
Why We Recommend The Holy Stone F181 RC Quadcopter Drone
- Kids of all ages think it’s tons of fun to fly!
- Very stable and easy to fly
- Great for beginners and those with little experience flying drones
- Built to withstand crashes from low to medium altitudes
- Comes with 2 batteries and 2 charging cables which gives your child extra flying time
- The HD camera takes decent pictures
- Looks cool flying at night and LED lights make it easy to locate when it’s dark out
- Can be flown inside and outside
- Fun for the whole family!
- Parents think it gives you great value for your money
LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon Building Kit
If you have a Star Wars fan in your midst, he’ll be thrilled with this awesome LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon Building Kit!
One of the most recognizable starships of the Star Wars saga, LEGO’s latest version of the Millennium Falcon is based on the ship from the movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
The LEGO Falcon kit comes with a whopping 1,329 pieces and is jam packed with cool features and intricate details.
Along with an assortment of weapons, this kit also comes with 6 minifigures that include Han Solo, Chewbacca and a BB-8 Astromech Droid. The detachable cockpit has room for 2 minifigures and the cover comes off to allow access to the interior of the cockpit from above.
On the outside, this cool starship features top and bottom rotating laser turrets, dual spring-loaded shooters, an entrance hatch and ramp and lots more.
The top panels all lift up to give easy access to the entire inside of the Falcon which is loaded with detail. From the colorful hyperdrive area to the instrument panels to the rotating seat with an adjustable back rest, the attention to detail is absolutely amazing!
On top of all that, the inside of this huge starship also has extra boxes and cables, a secret compartment and storage for ammo.
The LEGO Star Wars Falcon kit offers plenty of building fun and would make a wonderful gift for any eleven year old Star Wars LEGO fan.
Why We Recommend The Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon Building Kit
- Kids think it’s tons of fun to build!
- Very detailed
- Kids love how challenging it is to build
- Helps improve your child’s motor skills, concentration and critical thinking skills
- Fun to play with after it’s built
- Great for display
- Can be used with other LEGO Star Wars building kits for even more LEGO Star Wars fun!
- Kids love that it comes with Han Solo and Chewbacca
- Helps your child work on his ability to read and follow directions
- Great for imaginative and pretend play
Capture the Flag REDUX
Capture The Flag Redux puts an awesome twist on a fun game that’s been around for over 60 years!
With glowing orbs instead of traditional flags, the unique twist of Redux is that it’s a glow in the dark version of the traditional and beloved Capture The Flag game!
But it’s not just the orbs that glow; everything about this game lights up, from the LED bracelets each player wears to the lights that mark the jail area to the lights that define each team’s territory.
Out of the box, you’ll get 2 glowing orbs, 8 jail lights, 6 territory lights, 16 LED bracelets and a set of instructions.
Plus there are 12 game variation cards that you can use to give characters special abilities to make the game even more interesting and fun.
Recommended for 4-16 people, to play everyone divides up into 2 teams and each team has their own color. The object of Redux is simple: Steal the opponent’s glowing orb and get it back to your home base without getting caught.
If you get caught, you go to jail and the only way you can get out of jail is if one of your teammates rescues you.
The batteries that come with game last for 12 to 24 hours of play time and extra batteries can be purchased separately.
This cool game is most fun when played outside at night or inside in the dark and both kids and adults love playing Redux. It’s a great game for birthday parties, family reunions, camps, youth groups and neighborhood BBQ’s.
Redux is a great game for kids and adults of all ages and it’s an excellent way to promote physical activity, teamwork and camaraderie between family and friends.
Why We Recommend Capture the Flag Redux
- It’s tons of fun!
- Encourages strategic thinking and planning
- Wonderful way to promote teamwork, cooperation and sportsmanship
- Great exercise
- Can be played by kids of all ages
- Gives a popular well known game a futuristic twist that makes it fun for today’s kids
- Safe activity to do at night
- Fun for the whole family!
Wilson NFL MVP Football
This Official size Wilson NFL MVP Football is well made, strong and durable enough for your child to get years of use from it!
Wilson is the official ball of the NFL and this ball comes with both the Wilson and NFL logos on it.
The tackified surface allows for better grip and the multi layer lining makes for better shape and strength. Plus the 3-ply bladder helps this ball retain air better, ensuring it won’t go flat.
This football comes in three sizes: Peewee, Junior and Official and Official is the ideal size for 11 year olds.
Wilson is an extremely popular brand of sporting equipment and their popularity is well earned due to the fact that they make some of the finest sporting equipment used today.
Any 11 year old child on your shopping list would be thrilled to receive the Wilson NFL MVP football as a gift! It would make a great addition to your child’s sporting equipment collection.
Why We Recommend The Wilson NFL MVP Football
- It’s durable and made to last for years
- The Official size is the same size used by high schools, colleges and professional teams and it’s the perfect size for 11 year olds
- It holds air incredibly well so it stays firm through years of use
- The lacing on the ball is spaced perfectly to allow fingers to fit where they should
- The tackified surface makes it easier to grip
- Great football whether it’s being used for practice or in a pick-up game
- Parents think this football gives you great value for your money
Razor RipStik Ripster
If your child is ready to go to the next level when it comes to boarding, check out this awesome Razor RipStik Ripster!
A slightly smaller version of the RipStik Classic, this super fun board is designed for smaller riders or those who want to ramp up their trick action.
This cool board features inclined 360 degree caster trucks and a 27″ high tech polymer pivoting deck that allows your child to carve the pavement like he’s on a snowboard. It also has 66 mm high grade urethane wheels and a rubber padded steel torsion bar.
The deck itself is non-slip and concave. Both of these features adds to the safety of the board because they make it easier to control, which is ideal for inexperienced boarders.
Its compact size make it ideal for smaller boarders and the lightweight design makes it easier to perform tricks and flips. And that’s something that appeals to a wide range of boarders, from less experienced riders to those with lots of experience.
Measuring 27″ X 9″ X 4.5″, the RipStik Ripster makes a wonderful gift for any occasion. And the maximum weight for this Ripster is 175 lbs so adults can join in the fun too!
Why We Recommend The Razor Ripstik Ripster
- Kids think it’s tons of fun!
- Easy to control and very safe to ride
- Great for smaller kids
- Lightweight design allows for great trick action
- Easy to learn
- Helps improve your child’s balance, coordination and motor skills
- Encourages your child to get outside for some fresh air and exercise
- Very maneuverable
- Well built and durable so will last for years
- Weight capacity of 175 lbs so adults can ride it too
- Parents think it gives you great value for your money
LEGO Mindstorms EV3 31313
If your 11 year old is ready to take his LEGO building to the next level, he’ll want to check out the LEGO Mindstorms EV3 31313!
This awesome 601 piece kit allows your child to build and control up to 17 different robots, each with its own features and behaviors. These super cool robots include a walking dinosaur, a shooting scorpion, a snake that slithers, a race truck and lots more!
LEGO has combined their own elements with a programmable brick, motors and sensors. And that means that once each robot is built, your child can program it to do all kinds of amazing things including walk, talk, shoot and even think.
Out of the box your child will get an instruction book plus all the pieces he needs to build 5 basic robots: TRACK3R, R3PTAR, SPIK3R, EV3RSTORM and GRIPP3R.
The instruction book only has instructions on how to build and program the TRACK3R because that’s the one LEGO recommends he builds first.
Instructions on how to build and program the other 4 basic robots plus 12 other robotic designs can be obtained by downloading the free EV3 Programmable App which is very easy to install and use. Each robot increases in complexity but the step-by-step online instructions are clear, which make each build easy and straightforward.
Each robot is controlled either by infrared or touch. There’s also a remote controller which allows different robots to be controlled from a distance and a color sensor that recognizes various colors.
Once your child is ready for even more of a challenge, he can use the free EV3 software to do more advanced programming.
This awesome LEGO EV3 kit will provide your child with a variety of challenging and educational builds. It’s a great way for him to have tons of fun while he interacts with his own amazing creations!
Why We Recommend LEGO Mindstorms EV3 31313
- Kids think these robots are lots of fun to create!
- Instructions for all the builds are clear and concise
- Teaches your child basic programming
- Helps develop your child’s problem solving and critical thinking skills
- The robots are really fun to play and interact with after they’re built
- Allows your child to try his hand at programming his own robotic creations
- The kit and software give your child all he needs to build 17 different robots
- Your child can use this kit to expand and create all kinds of things for years to come
- Great online support and an active forum to help with any issues that come up
LEGO Technic BMW R 1200 GS Adventure Set
If your 11 year old loves BMW bikes and building toys, then you’ve found the perfect gift for him with this amazing LEGO Technic BMW R 1200 GS Adventure Set, packed with intricate detail!
The wonderful thing about this LEGO set is that it allows your son to build an authentic high tech replica of a BMW motorbike which he will absolutely love!
Color scheme is black and blue, and the features include handlebar steering, aerodynamic windshield, detailed exhaust, BMW stabilizing telelever front suspension system, rear suspension, detailed dashboard, black spoke wheels, all terrain tyres and more!
Created in partnership with BMW designers, it has a 2-cylinder boxer engine with pistons that move, a kickstand, and opening luggage compartments.
The added bonus is that this is a 2-in-1 model that your son can rebuild into a completely unique concept model!
Because this is quite an intricate build for your eleven year old, it comes with a FREE 3D digital LEGO building instructions app, that contains the directions on how to build both models.
If your son is a wanna-be biker, then he is going to be blown away by this amazing LEGO Technic BMW building set!
Because it is quite intricate with 603 pieces, it’s perfect for you and your son to work on together for amazing quality bonding time.
The satisfaction he will get when he builds this BMW bike will be unbelievable and his confidence will soar.
Why We Recommend The LEGO Technic BMW R 1200 GS Adventure Set
- Fantastic building toy for any biker fan and will keep them engaged for hours!
- Authentic BMW concept created in partnership with BMW designers
- Intricate detailed to reflect a real BMW bike with front and rear suspensions
- Helps your son to develop focus and patience as there are over 600 pieces!
- Instructions for this 3D design available in a FREE app for your son to follow
- Wonderful toy for enhancing your son’s creative, design and problem solving skills
- 2-in-1 models available to build making it excellent value for money
- Help your son learn about goal setting and achieving goals as they persevere to complete the build