At age 10, your daughter is maturing, getting a better sense of who she is, and is developing emotionally as well as physically. As a fifth grader, she’s getting ready to start junior high or middle school and will face new challenges and make new friends.
Her interests will be more expansive, and any activities and toys that challenge her physically, creatively and mentally, will be especially appealing to her.
She’ll enjoy drawing, painting and sewing as well as puzzles, building things, sports and dance. Most 10 year old girls love group activities and their competitive spirit comes more to the fore.
Taking all this into account, we’ve handpicked the best toys for 10 year old girls designed to cover their varied interests and activities. Girls this age still love to have fun, and so we’ve ensured our top picks more than deliver on that!
- 9 Top Toys For 10 Year Old Girls
9 Top Toys For 10 Year Old Girls
LEGO Creator 10232 Palace Cinema
If your 10 year old girl loves building things, and you want to give her something a bit more challenging than those 200, 300 or even 500 piece LEGO sets, then this 2,196 piece LEGO Creator 10232 Palace Cinema could be the perfect gift!
Highly detailed with features such as built in entrance doors, a marquis, sign frontage, a cute little concession stand and a ticket booth, your daughter is going to absolutely love it!
Perfect for her to create her own imaginary film premiere event, it has a large movie screen, 6 fold up seats for moviegoers, and a nice looking limousine complete with chauffeur.
There is also a cute little child actress, a man and woman moviegoer, as well as a cinema employee, and even a photographer to catch all the action of the movie premiere!
This LEGO 10232 cinema mixes with other modular building collection sets, so it will allow your child to build an entire town.
One really cool feature is that the cinema is build in layers which can be disconnected from each other for easier play and to get a better view of the inside of the movie theater.
This LEGO Cinema Palace set is extremely challenging and is actually recommended for teenagers. However, many 10 year olds who have been building with LEGO sets for years can build this cinema, and it provides them with the challenge they are looking for in new LEGO building sets.
It is highly detailed and will help improve your child’s attention to details since there are many extremely small pieces. Your child won’t be able to rush building this cinema, and will need to follow directions and take their time.
If your ten year old daughter loves to build using LEGO, and is ready to take her building skills to the next level, then this LEGO 10232 set is the way to go!
Why We Recommend The LEGO Creator 10232 Palace Cinema
- Extremely challenging but 10 year olds love it!
- Improves your child’s attention to detail and ability to follow directions
- Encourages patience as the set will take some time to build correctly
- Provides your child with a real sense of accomplishment when they complete building this cinema
- Perfect for display or imaginative building
- Combined with the LEGO 10224 Town Hall, LEGO 10218 Pet Shop and the LEGO 10211 Grand Emporium, your child can build an entire town of their own!
- Helps to improve your child’s hand-eye co-ordination and expand their creative skills
- Great for independent play or as a project with their friends or siblings
- LEGO replace any missing pieces for FREE
Many older elementary age and pre-teen children have become so familiar with technology that any technological toys immediately capture their attention. Robots top the list for most children, girls and boys, as they are fascinated with what a robot can do.
The Cozmo Robot by Anki is a super cute tabletop size robot that most 10 year old girls love to play with and explore seeing what they can get him to do.
Cozmo is built to look a lot like a front end loader with a face and tons of personality.
When you purchase Cozmo, your daughter receives the robot, drive on/off charger, wall charger, and 3 power cubes for playing games with this cute little robot.
You do need to download a special Cozmo app to either your iPhone or iPad and then keep your device connected to Wi-Fi and to the robot during the time your child is playing with the robot.
It takes only about 12 minutes to charge up Cozmo and your child will get 1 to 2 hours of play after charging him fully.
He works in most types of environments, including carpeting and table tops. He can even sense the edge of the table and will back away so he doesn’t fall!
Cozmo will play games with your child using his power cubes, talks, and even shows different emotions, including pouting when he loses a game and gloating when he wins.
The display of emotions that Cozmo shows almost humanizes this little robot.
This makes him not only more fun to interact with, but teaches children that robotics is more than just building machines that perform tasks.
Of course, the different emotions also makes this little guy more appealing, not only to children, but to adults as well.
The app for this Anki robot is always being updated in order to keep your child interested in playing with him and even learning how to program him.
This may create an interest in your child that will grow with them as they mature, possibly leading to a great career when they get older.
Cozmo will constantly learn new tasks, which helps keep your child engaged with this toy instead of playing with this robot for a week or two then becoming bored.
Instead your ten year old girl will come back again and again to discover what new things Cozmo is learning.
Although somewhat expensive, Cozmo is the perfect STEM toy gift for girls and boys who are interested in robotics and robot technology.
He is a toy that will not only grow with your daughter, but one that offers her a look inside the world of robotics, programming, and a growing understanding of how robots can be used in the future.
Why We Recommend The Cozmo Robot
- Boys and girls just fall in love with this super cute robot!
- Incredibly interactive with your child as they can play games with him
- Robot is constantly learning new tasks which keeps your child engaged
- Kids love the fact that Cosmo shows emotions, happy when he win, upset when he loses and more!
- Helps your child to start learning a little bit about computer programming
- Your child will love it when Cozmo recognizes her face and says her name!
- Great educational toy as your child can play lots of different games with Cozmo, like memory games etc.
- New updates give Cosmo more features for your child to enjoy, so the toy grows with them
Barbie Made to Move Doll
Girls just adore their dolls, and some girls build fabulous and amazing doll collections that they have for years to come.
The Barbie Made to Move Doll is the perfect addition to any girl’s collection, and offers a lot more than the traditional dolls. She’s the perfect gift for any 10 year old girl who loves dolls.
Made to Move Barbie has 22 moveable joints including the neck, arms, elbows, wrist, torso right under the breast, hips, upper legs, knees, and ankles!
This allows your daughter to posed Barbie in a number of different positions, making this not only a fun doll for children to play with, but makes a great model for those tweens who enjoy designing and making clothing.
Barbie comes with a choice of hair and eye color, and although reviews suggest that all the Barbies have beautiful faces, the red-haired Barbie with freckles seems to be a favorite.
This particular Barbie has a slightly larger or thicker build, which may make the Creativity For Kids Designed For You dress a closer fit than on other Barbies, resulting in less tailoring to make original creations fit.
Made to Move Barbie is perfect for both imaginative play and for display. She is also great for little girls who want to try their hand at making their own animated Barbie videos.
Girls age 10 show different maturity levels and have vastly different interests, but this Barbie is versatile enough to meet a range of maturity levels and interests.
She is perfect for imaginative play and perfect for those girls who are more into collecting dolls than playing with them.
She also works well for girls who love designing fashions and want a doll to model those fashions.
So if you’re stuck for a gift idea for a ten year old girl who loves dolls, then Made To Move Barbie could be the perfect choice.
Why We Recommend The Barbie Made To Move Doll
- Wonderful versatile Barbie doll that girls can really engage with in a variety of ways
- Girls love that they can bend and pose this doll in so many ways, including yoga poses!
- Barbie Made To Move Dolls come in different hair and eye colors, as well as different color tops
- Well made and nicely detailed, especially her facial features which are really quite beautiful
- Great doll for imaginative, creative and pretend play
- Perfect doll for your budding fashion designer who needs a poseable doll model
- Wonderful addition to any girl’s doll collection
- Great travel toy for sleepovers, camping and more
Castle Art Supplies Acrylic Paint Set
If your 10 year old daughter is a budding artist and enjoys being creative, then she’s going to love this Castle Art Supplies Acrylic Paint Set, which is suitable for all skill levels.
Each of the 24 colors in this handy paint set come in small 12 ml tubes, but larger size tubes can be purchased if your child likes this paint set and finds it useful.
These paints work equally well on paper, canvas, fabric, and even wood. They are made to go on smoothly and they are non-toxic and water based, making cleanup afterwards a snap!
The paint mixes well and the colors in the set are vibrant, giving a lovely satiny finish. They also come with a money back guarantee.
Your daughter will get great coverage with these acrylic paints as it doesn’t dry too fast, so she’s won’t get frustrated using them.
If she makes a mistake, she can take a small piece of cloth or even a damp Q-tip and wash off the paint and try again.
While these paints are not made on to use on glass, they can easily be used for making light bulb ornaments, as they go on smooth and look great. They also work well when painting plaster and ceramic pieces.
Your girl can use it to paint wood, including making her own specialty wooden beads, ornaments, and plaques. It works well on plaster and ceramic ornaments and figurines that won’t be soaked in water.
And it even works for those wanting to customize tennis shoes or sweatshirts, as well as for painting on canvas for art work.
We do recommend that you purchase a couple of good brushes and a painting palette for mixing colors, or simply for putting little dabs of paint on, ready to use.
Whether your ten year old girl is a beginner artist or has already dabbled and expanded her skills, this beautiful set of paints with lots of great colors is the perfect choice.
Why We Recommend The Castle Art Supplies Acrylic Paint Set
- Gorgeous paint set for any girl or boy who just loves to paint
- Encourages your child to explore her creative side and express herself in a different way
- Allows your child to explore if art is something they would like to pursue long term
- Extremely versatile as it can be ued for a large number of different arts and crafts projects
- Works well on a number of different surfaces such as paper, wood, canvas and fabric
- Paints are water based and non-toxic and quality certified
- Great starter paint set with high quality paints at a reasonable price
- Easy to clean up
- Money back guarantee if you’re not happy for any reason with this paint set
Talented Kidz Rainbow Rubber Bands Loom Mega Refill Case
If your ten year old girl loves making rubber band bracelets to wear or to give away to friends and family, and has run out of the rubber bands that came with their loom, then this Talented Kidz Rainbow Rubber Bands Loom Mega Refill Case will suit her perfectly.
With this refill kit, your child will get 24 charms, 500 S clips, 175 beads and 11,000 gorgeous rainbow rubber bands for making their bracelets.
This amazing set should provide your daughter with hours, weeks, and even months of creative fun.
You’ll be pleased to know that the rubber bands come in a handy case which helps your child keep everything neatly sorted.
The beads come in 28 different colors, including both neon and glow in the dark bands. There are about 250 bands per color and these colors will work with any rubber band loom.
The case itself measures 14” X 9” X 2”, but do keep in mind that this refill case is just that….refills. It does not come with a loom, so if this is first rubber band set for your girl you will need to purchase the loom as well.
The rubber bands in this kit are of good quality. Other parents who have purchased this refill kit have not had the rubber bands break or fail to stretch to fit their looms.
Knowing your daughter will actually be able to use all or most of the bands in this kit is great, since you know that they will have plenty of bands to make all of the bracelets they want and experiment in making other items as well.
Girls get a lot more out of this bracelet refill kit if they’ve matured and have more creative ideas. This wonderful set allows your daughter to express her own personality and creativity when making their rubber band bracelets.
Perfect for independent play or for some precious bonding time with your daughter while you make beautiful bracelets together.
This kit has plenty of rubber bands, clips, beads and charms that your child can easily share them with one or more friends.
There are so many fun colors and charms that your child will never be bored with this lovely rainbow rubber bands set.
We really like that this rubber band bracelet refill kit doesn’t have to be used with any specific rubber band loom. It makes it extremely versatile and perfect for anyone looking for refills for a loom.
Why We Recommend The Talented Kidz Rainbow Rubber Bands Loom Mega Refill Case
- Comes with a large selection of beautiful, colorful, and fun rubber bands
- Nice quality rubber banks
- Can be used with any rubber band looms
- Great organizer case that holds everything your child needs neatly inside
- Large enough kit for your child to share with one or more friends or siblings
- Encourages your child’s creativity, allowing them to express themselves in many ways
- Helps your child to improve their hand-eye co-ordination, as well as their fine motor skills
- Perfect gift for the budding designer in your life!
- Parents have given this particular rubber bank refill kit their highest rating
- Full money back guarantee if for some reason you’re not happy with it
Lego Minecraft The First Night 21115
Minecraft is an extremely popular video game, and one of the things that makes this game so popular is that players get to build their own biomes.
LEGO understands your ten year old girl’s desire to create and build a world of her own, and so they have designed a number of different Minecraft biome sets for those avid Minecraft fans.
The LEGO Minecraft The First Night building set is a great set for kids who enjoy Minecraft and LEGO. It’s a 408 piece building set that comes with assorted accessories, including a Steve, creeper, pig, oven, bed plants, trees and other accessories.
Your daughter not only builds her own shelter, but she also gets to build a number of other things to make her biome complete.
This Minecraft The First Night set can be used alone or can be mixed with other Minecraft or LEGO sets for building fun. When combined with other LEGO blocks, the set offers endless play and build possibilities for your daughter.
She can follow the directions for building this set and then use other LEGO blocks to build other plants, trees, and buildings to make a entire Minecraft village or play set.
For fans of the Minecraft video game, this set can help the video game come alive, as children create their own action play based on the game they love.
The First Night Minecraft LEGO building set is sure to impress any 10 year old girl Minecraft or LEGO fan and provide hours of building fun as she builds and rebuilds this set in a variety of different ways.
Why We Recommend The LEGO Minecraft The First Night 2115 Set
- Perfect gift for avid young Minecraft and LEGO fans as it’s a lot of fun to build
- Endless play and build possibilities to keep your child engaged
- Has a nice mix of blocks and accessories that allow your child to customize their creations
- Wonderful LEGO set for creative and imaginary play as well are storytelling adventures
- Perfect for independent play or for co-operative play with friends who own other LEGO Minecraft sets
- Can be combined with other LEGO Minecraft sets, such as The Farm, for added fun and excitment
- Helps to improve your child’s fine motor skills, dexterity, hand-eye co-ordination and attention to detail
- Great for Minecraft collectors to add to their collection
High Bounce Complete 22″ Skateboard
The High Bounce Complete 22″ Skateboard, also compared favorable with a Penny board, is a great skateboard choice for inexperienced skateboarders or those wanting to learn skateboarding tricks.
This 22 inch skateboard is shorter than the long boards and therefore easier to use and easier to manipulate for doing tricks than those longer 27 inch skateboards or long boards that are around 36 inches.
The Hi Bounce skateboard comes in comes already assembled and ready to use and it’s available in 14 different colors.
With smooth PU wheels and aluminum axles, this board is 6 inches wide, 22 inches long, and holds a maximum weight of 187 pounds.
The High Bounce works equally well for simple cruising and for doing stunts, so it’s perfect for both beginners and experienced riders.
The shorter length makes it easier to learn to ride than longer boards and it’s especially good for children with somewhat smaller feet.
While the skateboard material is plastic, it is quite sturdy and does have a fair amount of flex. We do advise that your daughter wears a helmet and knee and elbow pads for safety when using it.
This skateboard turns extremely easily and will fit into a backpack. The wheels take a little while to loosen up and perform like you really want them to, but after that, it’s perfect.
For 10 year old girls, if they have been skateboarding before, then this is a great board for them to expand their skills and tricks with.
This High Bounce skateboard is a great first skateboard for your ten year old girl and it sells for a very reasonable price.
It’s the perfect birthday or Christmas gift for any skateboarding fan!
Why We Recommend The High Bounce Complete 22″ Skateboard
- Easier for beginners to use before of the shorter length
- Comes in a choice of blue or delta green to suit most individual tastes
- Glides well making it good for cruising and doing various tricks
- Helps your child to improve their balance and co-ordination as they learn to manipulate the skateboard
- Goes at a great speed when going down slopes which your child will love!
- Great for independent play or for your child to enjoy riding with their skateboarding friends
- Lightweight, so easy for your child to carry in their hand or in a backpack
- Quite sturdy with just enough flex to making riding and doing tricks a real pleasure
- Perfect skateboard for girls and boys
- Very reasonably priced so great alternative to the Penny board
Dreampark Pyraminx Pyramid Speed Cube
The Dreampark Pyraminx Pyramid Speed Cube is a puzzle cube that isn’t a cube, but rather a pyramid, so it instantly catches the eye of 10 year old girls who love puzzle challenges.
Made of ABS non-toxic material, this unique pyramid puzzle features easy and smooth turns due to its slightly rounded internal corners and PVC stickers.
This 4 corner pyramid speed puzzle comes with a solution guide and is designed to sharpen problem solving and cognitive skills.
The three points of this Pyramid puzzle sort of move out of the way, making this pyramid not only useful as a puzzle, but also great for imaginative girls who love to create interesting patterns.
It will make your daughter think about her moves as she tries to solve this Pyraminx speed cube puzzle, encouraging her to use her problem solving skills to solve all 4 sides.
Unlike some puzzle cubes where pieces stick when you move them, leading to frustration when working the puzzle, the pieces of this puzzle move easily, making working the puzzle fast and more enjoyable.
This pyramid puzzle is extremely portable allowing your daughter to take it anywhere, so she has something to do when waiting for food in a restaurant, or waiting for her doctor’s appointment or traveling in a car.
It will keep her from getting bored, giving her something to do to keep her entertained without having to turn to video games or those battery operated toys.
This toy can be picked up at anytime and worked on for a few minutes or even longer until the puzzle is solved.
The Dreampark Pyamid Speed cube is a convenient fun puzzle that is perfect for any ten year old girl who likes solving puzzle cubes and who wants to increase her solving speed.
Why We Recommend The Dreampark Pyraminx Pyamid Speed Cube
- Kids love this pyramid shaped challenging puzzle!
- Pieces move easily which prevents your child from getting frustrated
- Challenges your child to think about their next move as they try to solve the puzzle
- Encourages your child to expand and develop their problem solving skills
- Helps to increase your child’s cognitive awareness and skills
- Terrific boredom buster toy as it can keep your child entertained and engaged for hours
- Ideal for independent and imaginative play
- Your child can challenge themselves or their friends to see how fast the puzzle can be solved
- Great travel toy as it’s easily portable for road trips, camping, appointments and more
The Perplexus Original puzzle is a maze that winds around inside of a plastic sphere. This maze contains 22 feet of track and has 100 challenge barriers that your child needs to work the ball bearing type ball around and through.
In order to solve this puzzle, your 10 year old girl needs to twist, flip, and turn the sphere in an effort to keep the ball on the track.
The Original Perplexus has 3 different puzzle tracks, so your daughter has 3 different puzzles in one. It’s an easy puzzle to use, but quite difficult to solve.
This maze puzzle is extremely fascinating and almost everyone who picks it up finds it difficult to put down.
While the difficulty of this maze is frustrating for some, most girls find that they enjoy working it over and over. They feel a real sense of accomplishment as they get further and further along the track.
The Perplexus comes with a clear plastic stand to hold the sphere when it is not being played with.
One of the reasons we like the Perplexus is because this puzzle holds most children’s attention since they find the maze fascinating.
For families who are tired of their daughter spending all of her time using electronics and video games, this puzzle is likely to get her to put down those type of devices in order to try and solve this puzzle maze.
Since this puzzle is difficult to solve, most children find themselves working on it for a while, putting it down, and picking it back up to try again.
Determined to complete the maze, they learn patience in learning how to navigate the maze in order to complete it.
Once your daughter gets to the end of one track and completes the maze, she has two more tracks to overcome, making this maze well worth the price and providing her with three challenges in one.
With each new stage she makes it through, she feels a sense of accomplishment. Solving the puzzle while others are still struggling with it will give her an even bigger sense of accomplishment.
If your ten year old girl likes puzzles or mazes, then the Original Perplexus will keep her happily occupied working this puzzle until she can solve all three tracks.
Then she will want to move on to another Perplexus since this puzzle is such fun and habit forming.
Why We Recommend The Perplexus Original
- Hold’s your child’s attention as they work out how to solve this puzzle
- Teaches your child patience as they keeping trying to solve the maze and get to the next level
- Increases your child’s determination and persistence
- Gives your child a sense of accomplishment when they complete a stage
- Three different tracks is 3 times the fun!
- Your child can race against themselves or their friends for added excitement
- Great for encouraging your child’s competitive spirit
- Great travel toy that will keep your child engrossed and occupied on long road trips, camping and more