Our list of the best toys for 1 year old girls takes into account the fact that your little girl is becoming more alert and very aware of her environment and the world around her.
She’s keen to explore new things, from sights and sounds to textures and shapes. She’s ready for new adventures, excitement and fun.
She’s also on the cusp to becoming more mobile, eager to take those all important first steps, giving her a wonderful sense of freedom.
An excellent way to help her development and progress is to make sure she has a wide variety of age-appropriate toys.
With that in mind, we’ve put together our hand-picked list of the very best toys for a one year old girl, and all of them make great gifts for any occasion. They are safe, well made, from reputable manufacturers, and tons of fun!
- 26 Top Toys For 1 Year Old Girls
- Mega Bloks First Builders Big Building Bag 80 Piece, Pink
- LeapFrog Shapes And Sharing Picnic Basket
- Green Toys Fire Truck
- VTech Sit To Stand Learning Walker
- Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Rock-a-Stack
- VTech Busy Learners Activity Cube
- Melissa And Doug Plush Barrow Bunny Rabbit
- VTech Musical Rhymes Book
- Fisher-Price Little People Music Parade Ride On
- Hohner Kids Toddler Music Band
- JC Toys La Baby 11-Inch Hispanic Soft Body Play Doll
- Fisher Price Musical Lion Walker
- Fisher Price Brilliant Basics Lil Snoopy Pull Toy
- Step2 Pink Whisper Ride Buggy
- GUND Slumbers Teddy Bear Stuffed Animal
- Melissa & Doug Deluxe Pounding Bench
- First 100 Words Board Book
- Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Kitchen
- LeapFrog Scout’s Learning Lights Remote
- Step2 Big Splash Waterpark
- Baby Touch and Feel: Animals (Board Book)
- Fisher-Price Bright Beats Dance & Move BeatBowWow
- Curious George Jack In The Box
- Fat Brain Toys Tobbles Neo
- Gund Sesame Street Take Along Elmo 12 Inch Plush Doll
- Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Sis’ Smart Stages Purse
- More Recommended Toys For 1 Year Old Girls
26 Top Toys For 1 Year Old Girls
Mega Bloks First Builders Big Building Bag 80 Piece, Pink
With the award winning Mega Blocks First Builders Big Building Bag 80 Piece set your little girl’s construction possibilities are endless!
These delightful Mega Blocks are available in 3 styles: Classic, Pink and Trendy. So there is a style available for match any child’s needs.
They all contain 80 multi colored sturdy blocks and come with their own convenient zip-up storage bag.
With these fun and interactive blocks your little girl’s imagination will run wild as she builds all kinds of shapes, funny animals, tall colorful towers, princess castles and lots more!
An ideal size for little hands, your one year old will love how easy these Mega Blocks are to put together and take apart.
As per the manufacturer, the only difference between the Trendy version compared to the Classic and Pink versions is that the Trendy version blocks have colors that the manufacturer considers…well…trendy 🙂
The possibilities are simply endless when it comes to your 1 year old’s creative play with these building blocks!
They’re a perfect gift for any one year old girl on your shopping list, no matter what the occasion.
Why We Recommend The Mega Blocks First Builders Big Building Bag 80 Piece Set
- The large blocks are the perfect size for your child’s small hands
- Your little girl will love all the things they can build with these fun blocks
- They are PVC and BPA Free
- Blocks are very study and made to last so you can hand them down to other kids
- They’re very easy to put together and take apart
- Great for teaching your little girl her colors
- Building with these blocks will help your child develop their hand-eye coordination and motor skills
- Encourages your child’s imagination and creativity
- Helps your toddler develop problem solving skills
- Convenient storage bag allows you to keep the blocks together when not in use
- They make the perfect any-occasion gift for your 1 year old
- Will provide your child with hours of fun and entertainment and fun while developing essential skills
- Easy to wash and keep clean
LeapFrog Shapes And Sharing Picnic Basket
The LeapFrog Shapes And Sharing Picnic Basket makes a great interactive toy for little girls!
As cute as cute can be, it features a smiling picnic basket that is loaded with toy food items, plates, forks and cups; everything your toddler needs for a wonderful pretend picnic.
When your little girl lifts the lid on the basket, she will squeal with delight when she hears music and fun sound effects.
With great songs designed to help your one year old learn through play, this eye-catching picnic basket will have your child singing and bopping!
It has 2 place settings for your little one to share with a friend or sibling, which will help her to develop her social skills.
This lovely picnic basket can provide hours of fun for your child.
Why We Recommend The Leapfrog Shapes And Sharing Picnic Basket
- Encourages imaginative and pretend play. This picnic basket makes having tea parties with you, your child’s friends, dolls or stuffed animals much more fun
- Helps your child to develop and expand their social and sharing skills
- Music plays when you open the basket’s lid and your daughter can dance or move to the beat!
- Both the basket and all the toys inside are plastic, making them easy to clean; something parents love
- Helps teach children shapes and colors
- The basket can actually help teach your child manners through simple phrases
- Helps your child learn how to follow directions
- Durable and will hold up well to toddler play
- Will grow with your child, thus allowing them a couple of years worth of play from it
- Helps develop your toddler’s fine motor skills
Green Toys Fire Truck
The Green Toys Fire Truck is a fun and entertaining toy for girls!
A brightly colored and eye-catching red, this truck has Green Toys Fire Department written on the ladder and both doors are decorated with the GTFD shield.
Not only can the roof ladder be raised and lowered, your little girl can also pivot the ladder 360 degrees. So she’ll have a ton of fun as she plays pretend fire woman, rescuing her dolls and teddies and saving the day!
As with all Green Toys, it’s made from 100% recycled milk jugs and packaged in recyclable material. Plus the axles are not made out of metal.
Your little one can play with it indoors or out and there are 2 side ladders that can be removed from the truck and played with separately.
This cute little fire truck makes a wonderful gift for Christmas, birthdays or any other special occasion.
Why We Recommend The Green Toys Fire Truck
- It’s a fun and engaging toy for girls!
- The parts are easy to move and play with
- It will inspire your little girl’s creativity and imagination
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor play
- Great for helping your little girl develop her fine and gross motor skills
- Easy to clean and you can even put it in the dishwasher
- Helps your child improve their hand-eye coordination
- Made in the USA of recycled material
- BPA and Phthalates Free
- It’s very solid and durable so it’s sure to last several years
VTech Sit To Stand Learning Walker
This VTech Sit To Stand Learning Walker is a great way for your little girl to have tons of fun while they’re learning how to walk!
The detachable activity panel offers lots of fun and stimulating on-the-floor play for kids that aren’t quite at the walking stage yet.
And once your child is ready to start walking, this VTech Walker is easy for her to push around or pull out of corners if she gets stuck.
When the learning mode is selected, your little one will be able to learn all about shapes, colors, animals and numbers.
If you choose the music mode, your one year old will be bopping and dancing to over 70 lively songs or listening to different piano notes or all kinds of funny sounds.
No matter what mode this VTech Sit-To-Stand Learning Walker is set on, the awesome lights, spinning gears, fun sounds, child size phone and swinging door are sure to provide your little girl with hours of fun!
It comes with 2 AA batteries (included) and has an adjustable volume control and is one of the best walker toys for one year olds currently available.
Available in either orange or lavender, this best-selling VTech Walker is very appealing and your little girl will enjoy hours of fun playing with it.
Why We Recommend The VTech Sit-To-Stand Learning Walker
- The bright colors are lively sounds are sure to instantly grab your little girl’s attention and make her want to explore this wonderful push toy
- This walker offers a wide variety of fun activities that your little one will love doing
- The rear wheels on the walker have an adjustable tension control dial that helps prevent it from going too fast for toddlers who are still unsteady on their feet
- There are a variety of things that help your child develop their hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills, such as buttons to push, a child size phone, spinning gears, opening doors and lots more
- The sing-along songs will not only entertain your youngster, they’ll also introduce her to music and encourage her speaking skills as she tries to sing along to the songs she loves
- This walker is sturdy and built to last so it can be handed down from child to child
- It’s phthalate free
- Parents love the adjustable volume control
- It’s easy to wash and keep clean
Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Rock-a-Stack
Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Rock-a-Stack is a wonderful toy to add to your baby girl’s toy collection!
It consists of 5 colorful donut shaped rings that can be stacked on a long peg. Your little one will have tons of fun grabbing, stacking, holding and maybe even chewing on the vibrant rings.
As an added bonus, the top ring has multicolored beads that swirl around and make sounds. Not only will this capture your little girl’s attention, but it’s also a great way to stimulate your youngster visually.
In addition to all that, your toddler will be able to enjoy watching the whole toy rock back and forth when they push at the base.
Although this Fisher Price Stacking toy is very simple, it never fails to entertain kids of all ages for hours on end. Plus it’s definitely become a classic that has endured for generations!
Why We Recommend The Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Rock-a-Stack
- Parents love that it’s easy to wash and keep clean
- The bright colored rings help hold your child’s attention and can be used to teach your toddler basic colors
- Because the donuts are various sizes, your little girl can begin to explore size differences naturally and effectively
- With parental assistance, the rings can be counted to help your child begin to learn how to count
- Picking up the rings, stacking them on the peg and unstacking them, again helps your child develop hand-eye coordination
- Beads inside of the top ring allow your little girl to explore cause and effect, as your little one learns that shaking that ring can make a sound
- This stacking toy helps your child understand that they can manipulate the toy to get the response that they want
- Picking up the various rings helps your toddler develop motor and grasping skills
- If your child throws or drops the rings, they won’t hurt themselves, other children, your furniture or your flooring
- This toy is BPA Free
- It’s well made and built to last so it can be handed down to younger kids
VTech Busy Learners Activity Cube
With the VTech Busy Learners Activity Cube, your little one can explore and discover new things ’til their heart’s content!
This stimulating interactive 5-sided cube has excitement around every corner and is designed to encourage your child to explore and experiment.
With fun animal sounds, bright lights, spinning buttons and lots more, it’s sure to capture and hold your little girl’s attention.
One side has different animals that your child can meet, including a cow and a cat. Another side has musical instruments, including a drum and maracas.
On the third side, your toddler can have a blast flipping the alphabet letters. The fourth side has really fun spinning things, and the fifth side has a cute little sliding and spinning ladybug.
With 4 buttons that light up, 14 things your toddler can manipulate and 25 playful kiddie songs, this awesome VTech Activity Cube has no shortage of things that your one year old can slide, spin and press.
Plus it offers a number of other activities to entertain your child and fire their imagination. When you move the cube, a motion sensor will trigger sounds to attract your little one’s attention.
This VTech learning toy is a wonderful any-occasion gift for all the one year old girls on your shopping list.
Although it comes with 2 AA demo batteries, you’ll need 2 new AA batteries for regular use and so your little one can play with the cube for long periods of time.
Why We Recommend The VTech Busy Learners Activity Cube
- The learning cube offers your child a wide range of activities to amuse, entertain and educate them
- This activity toy has an excellent battery life to provide hours of fun
- Very entertaining for your little girl as she learns exciting new things like numbers, animal names, sounds and so much more!
- The VTech Activity Cube helps develop your child’s fine motor skills
- It helps your toddler understand cause and effect
- Your child will enjoy dancing and singing along to the 25 sing-a-long songs and melodies
- Builds your child’s auditory, sensory and memory skills
- Much to the delight of parent’s, there is a volume control feature and automatic shut off
- This activity and learning cube is extremely durable and easy to clean
- It’s made from BPA Free plastic
Melissa And Doug Plush Barrow Bunny Rabbit
Super huggable and velvety soft, both parents and kids love absolutely this gorgeous Melissa And Doug Plush Barrow Bunny Rabbit!
An ideal gift for birthdays, Christmas, Easter, baby shower or baptism gift, this Melissa and Doug stuffed animal is great for any one year old girl.
The size is a little bit confusing; the label says it’s as a 14″ bunny but the manufacturer’s height measurements state it’s 9″.
Some kind parents provided feedback and told us that it’s 14″ tall when put out flat, and 9″ tall when in a seated position.
Either way, it’s the cutest bunny ever!
Your little girl will fall in love with this gorgeous bunny!
A wonderful companion to help your child relax, feel safe, feel less anxious and calmer when upset.
Why We Recommend The Melissa And Doug Plush Barrow Bunny Rabbit
- This bunny is super huggable with beautiful silky fur and cute floppy ears
- Sewn in eyes prevent a choking hazard, making it totally safe for babies and toddlers
- The soft cuddly bunny is a perfect companion for any child to bond with
- Easy for your child to carry around in their tiny hands and arms
- Kids love this little bunny and it may very well become your child’s best friend
- A perfect plush toy for any toddler to bring to bed, it will help soothe and lull them off to sleep
- This bunny can help calm and soothe your child in times of anxiety
- An excellent sensory toy for your toddler to role-play with, to practice showing affection, and to express emotions
- Encourages your child to engage in imaginative and pretend play
- Helps your toddler practice displaying affection
VTech Musical Rhymes Book
The VTech Musical Rhymes Book is a fun interactive children’s book with 6 easy to turn pages that feature classic nursery rhymes.
It also plays more than 40 different songs, sounds and phrases that your toddler will love listening to and learning from.
There are 2 modes to choose from: A fun music mode where your little one can listen to music and instruments, and a learning mode that gives your child an introduction to early vocabulary.
This VTech learning toy also has 5 different colored piano buttons that introduce colors and sound plus a flashing star that is sure to grab and hold your child’s attention.
2 AAA demo batteries are included but you’ll need 2 new AAA batteries to actually use this interactive book.
This VTech toy makes a perfect gift for any one year old girl for any occasion.
Why We Recommend The VTech Musical Rhymes Book
- This Musical Rhymes Book is very entertaining for young children and keeps them engaged
- The volume is adjustable, something all parents love!
- Very durable and easy to clean
- Drool proof
- Introduces your child to cause and effect as they learn that pushing the piano keys creates sounds
- A great toy for introducing your little one to colors, music and sounds
- Helps develop your child’s fine motor skills as they twist and slide the play pieces
- Helps your child develop their memory skills as they learn the nursery rhymes and eventually start to sing along
- Ideal travel toy that you can use to keep your baby entertained no matter where you are
Fisher-Price Little People Music Parade Ride On
With this Fisher-Price Little People Music Parade Ride-On toy your child can create their very own music parade!
All they have to do to make this little toy vehicle go is push their feet and they’re off to the races.
And with buttons to push, a key to turn and a horn to blow, this cute little ride-on toy has everything your one year old needs to have a ton of fun!
Your little one can either listen to the 5 lively pre-programmed marching tunes or they can use the colorful keyboard to make their own music.
The music is started by the simple push of a button and it’s a great way to introduce your child to different instrument sounds like a drum, trumpet, saxophone and tuba.
Available in purple, pink or yellow, this entertaining ride-on toy also has a convenient little storage compartment under the seat.
The perfect place for your little one to put toys, stuffed animals or anything else they want to cart around and the smooth wheels make this a great toy for indoors and out.
This toy vehicle requires 3 AA batteries to work (not included) and it should be noted that there is no off switch or volume control so once the music is started it has to play until it’s finished.
Why We Recommend The Fisher-Price Little People Music Parade Ride-On
- Kids love how much fun they can have with this ride-on toy!
- Because it’s ‘foot powered’, it’s a great way for your child to exercise and strengthen their leg muscles
- The music starts with the simple push of a button so it’s easy for your little girl to operate all on her own
- The buttons and keyboard help develop your child’s fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- This ride-on toy introduces your little one to a number of different instrument sounds, helping create an appreciation for music at a young age
- It can function both as a ride-on toy and as walker
- Your child can use the storage space under the seat for toys, stuffed animals or anything else they want
- Parents feel this ride-on toy gives you excellent value for your money
- It’s well made and built to last so it can be passed down from child to child
Hohner Kids Toddler Music Band
The Hohner Kids Toddler Music Band is an entire set of musical instruments perfect for one year olds.
This set includes a Xylophone, sea drum, bell shaker and 2 other rattle type instruments.
It is BPA and Phyhlate Free, making it very safe for your little one.
In addition, this engaging musical toy comes with a nice storage box complete with a carrying handle.
The Xylophone has a nice sound and is in tune. Sea drum has beads which make a lovely sound when your child shakes it.
Your toddler will enjoy looking at the images on the sea drum and the colorful beads will attract their attention.
Why We Recommend The Hohner Kids Toddler Music Band
- Durable and able to stand up to a toddler’s sometimes rough and tumble play
- Parents like the fact that the xylophone is in tune
- The xylophone and mallet are easy for a small child to hold and grip with their tiny hands
- Mallet stores under the xylophone itself which is quite handy
- Every instrument is easy for kids to hold and manipulate while creating their own style of music
- Great for teaching your child cause and effect. They quickly learn that certain instruments can be used in certain ways to produce the sound that they want
- Great introduction to music and sounds. Parents can produce simple rhythms and have their child follow along
- Helps children develop hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills
JC Toys La Baby 11-Inch Hispanic Soft Body Play Doll
This lovely JC Toys La Baby 11-inch Hispanic Soft Body Play Doll has a soft body and vinyl head, arms and legs and if perfect for 1 year old girls!
This real life doll has a removable hat and sleeper and fixed open eyes.
The sleeper comes off for easy hand washing and the vinyl body is surface washable.
JC Toys makes a number of realistic looking baby dolls in different nationalities and races and this one is available in Hispanic, Caucasian, Asian and African American.
Your little girl will love hugging, cuddling, minding and mothering her very own baby doll.
This beautiful JC Toys Baby Doll would make a wonderful gift from Santa Claus at Christmas or for any one year old girl’s birthday.
Why We Recommend The JC Toys La Baby Hispanic Soft Body Play Doll
- This doll is extremely huggable and will provide your child with so much comfort, especially when they are upset or sad
- The doll’s face is beautiful and life-like, making it easier for your little girl to connect and engage with
- Parents love that there is a choice of different ethnicities
- Wonderful doll to help your child develop and expand their social skills
- Teaches your child to care for another person as they enjoy minding their doll, taking off and putting on their clothes, and interacting with their new found friend
- This La Baby Doll helps your child improve their fine motor skills
- Encourages pretend, imaginative and role-playing play
- A very durable doll that’s designed to last
- Outfit is hand washable and body is surface washable so this doll is easy to keep clean
Fisher Price Musical Lion Walker
This cheerful Fisher Price Musical Lion Walker is ideal for children that are just learning to pull themselves up and walk.
With 2 different ‘grow with me’ modes, this adorable Lion Walker has lots for your little one to do, whether they’re sitting on the ground or pushing it around.
The Sit and Play mode offers lively music, fun sounds, a light up nose, a peek-a-boo mirror, a slider butterfly, 2 roller ball ears, a spinning dial, and slider beads.
When your little one is ready to pull themselves up and walk, this cute Fisher Price Walker helps steady their steps and plays different tunes to encourage them to keep walking.
With plenty of activities for your child to explore, this delightful Musical Walker is sure to capture your child’s attention and provide them with tons of fun.
It requires 2 X AA batteries (not included) and this charming Fisher Price push toy for one year olds is the perfect gift for any occasion.
Why We Recommend The Fisher Price Musical Lion Walker
- This walker offers 8 fun hands on activities for your little one to enjoy whether they’re sitting up or walking around
- It encourages your child to walk and strengthen their leg muscles
- There are lots of activities on the front of the push toy to help your child develop their hand-eye coordination
- The lights and bright colors are sure to grab your child’s attention
- Teaches your toddler cause and effect as they learn what buttons to push in order to create lights and music
- Helps your little one develop their fine and gross motor skills
- It’s durable and built to last so it can be passed down from child to child
- This walker is sturdy so it easily supports your toddler when they’re walking
- It’s easy to keep clean
- Helps your toddler with balance and coordination, 2 important things when they’re just learning to walk
Fisher Price Brilliant Basics Lil Snoopy Pull Toy
Your little girl will love taking this adorable Fisher Price Brilliant Basics Lil Snoopy Pull Toy for a walk!
His light brown body is accented by a dark brown tail, spots and ears and he even has a cute little red tongue.
With a red leash attached to his blue collar, this charming little pull toy wiggles his head and makes fun sounds as he’s pulled along.
And when this little guy isn’t being pulled, your little girl can jiggle his ears, wag his tail and wiggle his head back and forth.
Ideal for imaginative play, holding onto the leash and pulling this little puppy around is a great way for your toddler to develop their fine and gross motor skills.
Simple and sweet, this Fisher Price Puppy pull toy is sure to capture your little one’s heart as they pretend this delightful Lil Snoopy is their very first pet!
With no batteries required, this darling pull toy is the ideal for any one year old girl.
Why We Recommend The Fisher Price Brilliant Basics Lil Snoopy Pull Toy
- Kids absolutely love pulling this little guy all around the house
- Great for pretend play as your child can also think of other ways to take care of Lil Snoopy
- Ideal for developing your child’s fine and gross motor skills
- Your little girl will love the sounds this little dog makes as she pulls him around
- This puppy is a simple, cute little toy
- Easy to keep clean
- Lots of fun actions for your little one to enjoy
- Encourages your child to walk which is great, especially for kids just learning how to walk
- Lil Snoopy is compact so your toddler can take him everywhere
- Durable and well made so you can pass it down from child to child
- Helps develop your child’s balance
- Parents think this pull toy gives good value for money
- Makes a perfect first pet and a wonderful companion for your little one
Step2 Pink Whisper Ride Buggy
The Step2 Pink Whisper Ride Buggy is a cute little pink car and it’s a great way for you to be out and about with your little girl!
With a handle that conveniently folds down underneath, this sleek little vehicle is a breeze to transport and store.
Along with a dashboard cup holder for your child, there’s also a cup holder on the handle so you can take your favorite beverage along too.
Constructed with safety first in mind, this charming ride-on buggy can accommodate kids up to 50 lbs and has a seat belt so you can buckle your little one securely in.
Other great features are storage space underneath the hood and a horn that actually honks; something that kids love!
Why We Recommend The Step2 Pink Whisper Ride Buggy
- The handle is a good height for parents to push comfortably
- There is plenty of storage under the hood of the car for carrying toys, diapers or other items
- The seat belt keeps your child safe and secure in the spacious seat
- This little buggy provides a smooth ride and the wheels are very quiet
- Not surprisingly, kids love the honking horn and it’s not too unbearable for parents either!
- It accommodates children up to 50 pounds
- The Step2 encourages imaginative and pretend play to help expand your child’s mind
- Helps develop your little one’s fine motor skills
- Will help build your child’s confidence as they try out something new and adventurous
- Well built and made to last
GUND Slumbers Teddy Bear Stuffed Animal
This GUND Slumbers Teddy Bear Stuffed Animal stands 17″ high and is totally adorable!
He is your classic brown teddy bear, complete with a lovable face and visible paw accents.
Your little girl is simply going to fall in love with him and want to hug him to pieces!
Of course, it goes without saying that Slumber Teddy is made to the high standards that GUND is well known for.
So you can be sure that this bear is both high quality and totally safe for your child.
Surface washable, soft, plush and extremely huggable, this GUND Teddy Bear is the perfect birthday or Christmas gift for one year olds.
Why We Recommend The GUND Slumbers Teddy Bear Stuffed Animal
- Although this bear is large, he is really lightweight, making it easy for a small child to carry around
- This bear is soft and cuddly which makes him a great sleeping companion for your child
- Slumber bear shows quality workmanship and is choking hazard free, making him perfect for toddlers!
- Because this bear is extremely huggable, he encourages your child to express and display their emotions
- Wonderful for encouraging imaginative and pretend play
- Slumber teddy will easily become one of your toddler’s best friends!
- Very durable and easy to maintain
- Adults themselves fall in love with this gorgeous teddy bear and he makes the perfect Valentine’s Day gift!
Melissa & Doug Deluxe Pounding Bench
If you are looking for the perfect gift for one year olds – something that will accommodate their love of pounding – then this Melissa And Doug Deluxe Pounding Bench should fit the bill.
A very entertaining and interactive toy, the pegs go up and down when pounded, seeming to play hide and seek with your toddler!
The pegs themselves are non-removable and their smiley faces will keep your toddler engaged for hours.
Why We Recommend The Melissa And Doug Deluxe Pounding Bench
- 8 colorful pegs with smiley faces capture your child’s attention and help teach them colors and numbers
- Promotes independent play
- Helps encourage hand-eye coordination as they learn to hit the peg with the wooden hammer
- Teaches cause and effect. Your child quickly learns that pushing down one peg will raise another one and their excitement when that happens is second to none!
- Wood construction of this bench makes this toy very durable
- The pegs are attached so they can’t get lost
- Can help encourage counting and learning numbers by counting the pegs
- Helps develop your child’s fine motor skills
First 100 Words Board Book
With Roger Priddy’s First 100 Words Board Book, learning new words has never been more fun and easy!
This awesome board book includes 100 color photographs that match each word. These images are easily recognizable for your child and associating the eye-catching pictures with specific words is a great way to help your little one learn her first essential words.
The 100 words in this book are simple and fundamental to learn, such as apple, ball and flower. And with your help, she’ll learn how to pronounce them properly so she can use them as she tries to communicate with you, her siblings and other people around her.
This book is made from durable material so it’s going to last a long time, and best of all, you don’t have to worry about her tearing pages apart. Plus the cover is nicely padded which makes it softer and easy for her small hands to hold and touch.
The pictures are of basic objects that your daughter will encounter on a daily basis, including different kinds of animals, toys, fruit, and lots more.
Roger Priddy is well known for his fun, educational books and this one is no exception. It’s a great way for you to engage and bond with your child as you teach her the words and maybe even make up a story or two about the pictures she’s looking at.
At this age, your little one will pick up words very quickly and this board book will help her learn some important words that she’ll use forever.
Why We Recommend The First 100 Words Board Book
- Kids love the colorful pictures!
- Helps your child learn lots of fundamental words
- Associating the words with the pictures makes it more fun and easier for your daughter to learn
- Brightly colored pages will easily catch your child’s attention
- Will keep your little one engaged for extended periods of time
- It’s one of the best-selling books for 1 year olds
- Parents say it quickly became one of their child’s favorites
- Well built and designed for playful little hands that might try to tear or throw it
- The author is well known for fun and education childrens books
Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Kitchen
The Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Kitchen is a wonderful way to keep your 1 year old entertained while stimulating her curiosity!
The case-like design provides plenty of enjoyment for your child whether she’s playing with it from the outside or inside.
On the outside, one side is a cheerful fridge and the other side is a colorful kitchen. And when she opens it up, there’s lots to do inside.
It has 4 modes of play: Learning, Learning in Spanish, Music, and Imagination. Plus there’s lots to do and explore, including opening and closing doors, sorting colors and shapes and more. And while she’s doing all that, she can also enjoy listening to music and watching colorful lights.
The refrigerator door includes a handle so she can open and close it, as well as slots for inserting the food shapes like the box of milk, carrots, and jar of apple sauce.
When she turns on the play stove, she will hear a sizzling sound and she’ll hear sounds of water when she turns on the faucet. There’s even a trackball that makes a tick tock sound when the toy is moved.
With 20 sing-along tunes, musical activities, and lights, there’s no shortage of things to keep your little girl busy and having fun with this interactive kitchen!
It’s a wonderful way to promote understanding of numbers, letters, colors, objects, and shapes as your child learns some new vocabulary.
Why We Recommend the Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Kitchen
- Provides hours of fun and educational play for your child!
- Fosters critical thinking
- Encourages problem solving skills
- Great way to help her learn about cause and effect
- Helps develop her fine and gross motor skills
- 4 modes of play include Learning, Learning in Spanish, Music, and Imagination
- Reinforces learning concepts through attention-grabbing sounds, music and songs
- Teaches letters, numbers, counting, shapes, and colors
LeapFrog Scout’s Learning Lights Remote
Introduce your child to the wonderful world of numbers, shapes and more with the LeapFrog Scout’s Learning Lights Remote!
This little remote provides big results in a fun-filled way by allowing your child to be immersed in numbers, shapes, first words, and more in a way that she can easily understand and remember.
This educational toy is attractive for 1 year old because they’re so curious and in such an exploration phase. At the push of a button, your little one will learn and be entertained. Plus Scout the dog encourages your child to sing and follow along every step of the way.
The brightly colored light-up screen features numbers your child can press and play with to help her learn basic counting. This is not only a great way to keep her engaged, it’s also a wonderful way for her to learn to recognize and remember what each number looks like and what they’re called.
Your child can even learn about the weather; simply pressing the weather button will allow her to hear Scout’s weather report.
The music button plays different types of educational songs, including counting songs, number songs and more. They’re all fun for your little one to listen to, and in no time at all, she’ll be able to remember the words so she can sing along.
This awesome toy remote will keep your child entertained for extended periods of time and as an added bonus, it will help stop them from playing with your remote!
It comes with 3 AAA demo batteries, which will need to be replaced for regular use.
Why We Recommend The LeapFrog Scout’s Learning Lights Remote
- It’s lots of fun!
- Introduces early concepts about numbers, shapes and more
- Helps develop your child’s fine motor skills
- Scout the dog talks to your child and encourages her to sing, say words and more
- The playful tunes are fun to listen to and sing along with and will keep your child entertained for extended periods of time
- Wonderful way to help your little one learn her first words and phrases
- Parents feel it gives you great value for your money
- Colorful design that’s very attractive to young kids
- Has 2 volume levels , which parents love
- Helps stop your child from playing with your remote control
Step2 Big Splash Waterpark
With this awesome Step2 Big Splash Waterpark, your child can have tons of summer fun!
Your little girl can pour water down the waterslide and watch it run down into the pool. Or she can use the catapult board to flip the swimmers and watch them splash into the water.
She can also use the water to get the wheel to spin, which introduces her to the simple concept of how she can use something to create movement or energy.
The Big Spash Waterpark provides hours of ‘playing with water fun’ and encourages imaginative play. She can pretend to be operating a real life waterpark or create stories for her dolls or other toys as they all join her in her water-filled adventures.
This Step2 toy comes with a drain plug, bucket, tower, water wheel, 2 figures, a catapult board and a cup.
It’s large enough to let other kids play along so it’s also great for interactive play and developing her social skills.
Why We Recommend The Step2 Big Splash Waterpark
- Kids think it’s tons of fun!
- Promotes interactive play
- Comes with lots of fun accessories, including a bucket, water wheel, catapult board and more
- Helps develop your child’s social skills
- Provides hours of pretend play whether alone or with playmates
- Encourages imaginative play and boosts your child’s creativity
- A safe and fun way to keep your child engaged and entertained
- All parts are BPA free so it’s safe for your little one
- Extra wide locking legs make the Big Splash Waterpark very stable
- Quick and easy to assemble
Baby Touch and Feel: Animals (Board Book)
The Baby Touch and Feel Animals board book is a perfect addition to your child’s book collection because it’s fun to explore and it’s also educational.
Filled with cute animals that your child will love looking at and touching, this book is sure to be a hit with your little one
The real-life pictures of animals include bunnies, a dog, a cat and lots more. Each colorful picture has a large label with the name of the animal on it, which will help your child learn to remember what she’s looking at.
Your child will quickly learn how to recognize different animals on sight, as well as different types of textures when she feels them.
You can use the animal names to introduce the alphabet at a very early age. Plus touching soft, furry parts in contrast to other rough, hard surfaces is also an ideal way for your little one to learn about opposites.
Having fun while learning is a great way for your little one to retain the ideas she picks up, This book is a great way for your child to learn about animals by exploring the world of textures!
Books are a delightful way to teach your child about new things. With over one million copies sold, this best-selling Animals Touch And Feel book takes fun and learning to a whole new level!
Why We Recommend The Baby Touch and Feel: Animals Board Book
- Fun, educational book for your child
- Great way for your little one to explore different textures
- Helps develop your child’s fine motor skills
- Introduces your child to the concept of opposites
- Can be used to help your little one learn the alphabet
- Pictures are of real-life animals
- Ideal size for small hands to hold and pages are easy to turn
- Wonderful addition to your child’s book collection and one that she’ll cherish as she gets older
- Perfect way to teach your little one about animals so she can start fostering a love of animals
- Sturdy board book so pages won’t tear and the book will last a long time
Fisher-Price Bright Beats Dance & Move BeatBowWow
If your child loves bright colors and catchy tunes, she’ll be thrilled with the Fisher-Price Bright Beats Dance & Move BeatBowWow!
Packed with exciting features your child is sure to love, BeatBo is an adorable puppy who’s smart and loves to learn new things with his best friend. On top of that, he barks, wags his tail, wiggles his ears and bobs his head, just like a real puppy.
Your precious little one can learn about songs and dancing, as well as colors and counting. And in addition to playing music from his 25-song collection, BeatBo can also say several fun phrases that are easy for your child to learn.
One of the best things about this toy is the upbeat, fun music. It’s a great way to get your child moving to the beat and dancing around the room.
BeatBowWow encourages movement like shaking, wiggling, and stomping that will exercise and advance your child’s gross motor skills. And learning about colors and counting stimulates your child’s intellectual growth.
This Fisher-Price toy helps your child retain the information she learns because she’s having so much fun when she’s learning it. BeatBo the puppy is a wonderful way to keep your daughter engaged and playing with him for hours on end.
Why We Recommend The Fisher-Price Bright Beats Dance & Move BeatBowWow
- BeatBo is an adorable puppy that’s tons of fun to play with!
- This toy is packed with features that will introduce different concepts to your child
- Easy to use with buttons for playing music, turning on lights and the toy’s movements/actions
- Great take-along toy that your child will love having wherever she goes
- BeatBo has soft ears, barks, wags his tail, wiggles his ears and bobs his head, just like a real puppy
- Encourages your little one to move and use her senses of sight, touch and hearing
- Teaches your child about cause and effect, as she’ll learn what happens when she presses different buttons
- Comes with 25 fun, upbeat children’s songs that are perfect for learning and dancing
Curious George Jack In The Box
This Curious George Jack In The Box by Schylling is the perfect toy to give your child for her first birthday!
Your child will love the bright colors and delightful pictures of George on the sides. And kids never tire of hearing the classic ‘Pop Goes The Weasel’ song as they wind the crank, waiting for George to pop out.
Measuring 5.75″ X 5.75″ X 6.5″, the box is made from tin and is light enough for kids of all ages to carry around and move from place to place. It’s a great gift for any young child who loves the exhilarating surprise element.
Curious George is a timeless monkey character who’s been around for generations and is loved by many! And him popping out of this jack in the box will thrill your child time and time again.
Jack in the box toys are also called surprise toys and they teach children about cause and effect in a fun and exciting way. This one has no small parts so doesn’t pose a choking hazard, making it ideal for kids as young as 1.
I bought the Curious George Jack In The Box for my niece and nephew and when their cousins came, we sat and played with it for hours! There were six kids in all, ranging in age from 1-7 years old and they were all captivated by this toy and absolutely loved the build up to George popping up.
It’s an awesome toy that will bring a smile to your child’s face every time she plays with it!
Why We Recommend The Curious George Jack in the Box
- Kids love making George pop up over and over again!
- Teaches your child about cause and effect
- Curious George is a well loved character and a favorite of many kids
- Colorful tin box is lightweight and easy for kids to carry around
- Plays the classic jack in the box song, ‘Pop Goes the Weasel’
- The Curious George doll inside is cute, plush, soft, and very loveable
- Helps your child improve her fine motor skills
- Great fun for the whole family. You’ll get a kick out of watching your child’s reaction!
Fat Brain Toys Tobbles Neo
Tobbles Neo is a one of a kind toy made by Fat Brain Toys that’s sure to be a hit with your daughter!
The 6 brightly colored pieces are sure to catch your child’s eye, and are designed to wiggle, wobble, spin, roll, stack and topple. So each time your child plays with them, she has a unique and fun experience.
Each piece is just the right size for small hands and has an easy grip texture so it’s no problem for young children to grasp and manipulate all the pieces. Her little hands won’t be able to stop stacking, toppling and spinning Tobble Neo.
This award winning toy is manufactured by Fat Brain Toys and it’s a wonderful way for your child to develop her problem solving skills, imagination, and motor skills. And the beauty of it is that it can be played with in lots of different ways so your princess won’t get bored.
Made from BPA-Free material so it’s completely safe and non toxic for your child, she’ll delight in stacking them up and then knocking them down so she can do it all over again and again!
Stacking toys stimulate your child’s brain by giving them challenges to work on. Tobbles Neo is an awesome stacking toy with bright happy colors that’s both educational and fun!
Being careful not to topple the stack, discovering ways to keep stacking more and more pieces – it’s a puzzle that’s extremely entertaining for kids. And don’t be surprised if the whole family wants to get in on the action.
Why We Recommend The Fat Brain Toys Tobbles Neo
- It’s lots of fun to play with!
- Colorful pieces appeal to young kids
- Encourages creative play and teaches cause and effect
- Can be played by balancing, stacking, toppling, spinning and more
- It allows your child to explore different ways of play
- Helps improve your daughter’s imagination
- Develops her coordination and motor skills
- It is made of ABS Plastic, a safe and non-toxic material that’s completely BPA-Free
- Award winning toy
Gund Sesame Street Take Along Elmo 12 Inch Plush Doll
This GUND Sesame Street Take Along Elmo 12 Inch Plush Doll is sure to become a favorite for your little girl!
Elmo is surface washable super soft, very huggable, and the perfect gift for any young Sesame Street fan. Plus he’s just the right size for your 1 year old to carry around with her.
GUND has been around for over 100 years and has received multiple awards for their plush designs and this Elmo doll is made to their high quality standards.
Elmo is one of the most beloved characters on Sesame Street. This delightful plush doll makes a wonderful gift for your child and is something that she’ll love for years to come!
Why We Recommend The Gund Sesame Street Take Along Elmo 12 Inch Plush Doll
- Kids love this Elmo doll!
- He’s soft and huggable, and very lovable
- Great gift for any young Sesame Street fans
- Ideal for pretend play and role playing, as he helps your child act out scenes from Sesame Street or create her own adventures
- Great travel toy to keep your child amused and entertained on road trips
- Surface washable
Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Sis’ Smart Stages Purse
This awesome Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Sis’ Smart Stages Purse is a wonderful way for your daughter to have tons of fun while she learns!
Along with 50+ delightful songs, this pretty pink purse also talks in English and Spanish. By pressing the buttons on the front, your child will hear words, phrases, numbers, shapes and colors and she’ll be encouraged to repeat everything she hears.
The purse comes with 5 cool accessories: a rattle phone, heart mirror, bracelet, credit card and teething keys. Each accessory fits neatly inside the purse and none of them pose a choking hazard.
As with all Fisher Price Smart Stages toys, this purse has 3 levels of play. Each level has different learning content that helps your child learn colors, shapes, numbers and sounds. So the content is always age appropriate and will grow with your little princess.
2 AA batteries are included but they’re for demo purposes only so we recommend you replace them for home use.
Your little princess will love role playing as she walks around with a fancy purse ‘just like mommy’. It’s a great gift idea for any occasion!
Why We Recommend The Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Sis’ Smart Stages Purse
- It’s lots of fun to play with!
- Great way to teach your daughter numbers, shapes, colors and sounds
- Says words and phrases in English and Spanish
- 50+ entertaining songs
- Smart Stages technology allows you to adjust the content according to your child’s age and stage of development
- Helps your little one learn about cause and effect
- Develops her motor skills
- Encourages role playing
- Includes 5 accessories that can be played with separately and all fit neatly inside the purse
- Doesn’t have any small parts that might become a choking hazard
More Recommended Toys For 1 Year Old Girls
It can be hard to pick the ideal toy for your 1 year old girl when you have to comb through so many choices and we totally understand that.
We never want you to go away disappointed, so our team has created some new helpful toy guides for one year olds that just might have the perfect present for your little girl.
Every child is different, so not every toy will appeal to them, even the super popular ones, and that’s alright.
First and foremost, it’s important to ensure that your little girl will get a toy that she loves, really enjoys playing with, and makes her happy.
Our team has worked tirelessly going through hundreds of toys to create the following top toys for 1 year old girls, organized by interest, to help you find the ideal toy for your child.
Some girls love trucks just as much as boys and get so excited when they see their favorite truck drive by!
Toy trucks are great for pretend play and role playing as your little girl makes up all kinds of stories, adventures, driving all over the State, dropping off important parcels and so much more!
Why not be bold and adventurous and gift your 1 year old girl a cool toy truck so she can pretend to drive her own truck, loaded with her dolls and other small toys for exciting playtime!
Ride On Toys
Lots of one year old girls look forward to getting their first ride on toy so they can zoom around the family backyard or neighborhood with their friends.
At one, girls can be quite fearless in ways, wanting to give everything a go, and if they fall down, they might shed a small tear but will try again after a kiss from mom or dad to make things better!
Riding toys help your child to engage more in pretend play, imaginary adventures, role playing and storytelling, all while getting healthy exercise.
You just can’t go wrong gifting your 1 year old girl a colorful ride on toy that’s designed especially for her age group, that will grow with her, giving you great value for money.
If your little girl loves to bop to music and longs to have a go at playing music, then you just might have a star in the making!
It makes sense that you’ll want to get her toys that will encourage her to explore her passion and see where it takes her.
Some girls really sway to the beat when they hear their favorite song, so why not gift your 1 year old girl a beautiful musical toy to encourage her creativity and interest!
Select the link above and go to the musical toys guide for 1 year olds where you’ll find some brilliant selections that have received fantastic feedback from parents.
If your one year old girl loves to figure things out on her own, then it’s important that you get her toys that will encourage her enthusiasm and give her a little challenge.
Some girls love a toy that has lots of different types of play choices, so it makes sense to gift your 1 year old girl an exciting activity cube with tons of challenges and lots of play variety!
Your little girl will enjoy trying out all the different play modes that an activity cube provides while having a ton of fun!
Mickey Mouse Toys For 1 Year Old
What one year old girl doesn’t dream of going to Disneyland to meet Mickey Mouse and her favorite Disney Princesses?
If your little girl is a Disney fan, then why not gift your 1 year old a lovely Mickey Mouse toy to pretend play with, allowing her to create all kinds of stories with her hero Mickey.
Disney toys are fantastic for encouraging kids to engage more in role playing, pretend and imaginary play, creative play and so much more.
Melissa & Doug Toys
Melissa & Doug are famous for creating quality, fun, entertaining and colorful toys for kids of all ages, and have a wonderful selection for 1 year olds.
If you’re looking for top quality and value, and are a Melissa & Doug fan or would like to see what their toys offer, then why not gift your 1 year old a fun Melissa & Doug toy to play with.
We think you’ll be impressed with the considerate design that goes into each toy they make, to ensure it’s special for children.
One year old girls have bundles of energy and love to hop, skip, jump, bounce, and run to their heart’s content, indoors and outdoors, blowing off steam and burning excess energy!
If your little girl is full of energy, then consider gifting your 1 year old a funtastic bouncy toy that will have her giggling with joy as she bounces around the living room or backyard!
These types of toys are brilliant for encouraging pretend play, helping your child burn off extra energy, and developing motor skills and coordination.
Some one year old girls may need a helping hand and encouragement when they start walking, as they can be a little unsteady on their feet at first.
If you’d like to give your little girl more encouragement when she starts taking her first steps, then why not gift your 1 year old a gorgeous walking toy that combines fun and play with learning to walk!
Not only do these fantastic toys provide a valuable tool to help your child gain confidence during their early steps, they’re also tons of fun to play with.
For many people, one of their most cherished childhood memories is family games nights, filled with laughter, fun, excitement, but most importantly, family bonding time.
To help your one year old girl feel very much included on those special family nights, why not gift your 1 year old a fun board game suitable for her age that members of the family can play with her or she can play on her own.
While these are not traditional board games, they are designed specially to introduce 1 year old girls to the art of playing board games, teaching them the basic skills while having fun!