Check Table of Contents
- Here Are Our Top Three Tea Sets
- Let the Tea Party Begin!
- 3 of the Best Tea Sets For Children
- Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Say Please Tea Set
- LeapFrog Musical Rainbow Tea Party Set
- Kidzlane Play Tea Set
- 3 Books About Children’s Tea Parties
- Tea Rex by Molly Idle
- Let’s Have A Tea Party! by Emile Barnes
- Let’s Have A Tea Party! by Emile Barnes
- Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve handpicked some of the best tea sets for kids – from toddlers to preschoolers.
Whether your child invites their dolls, stuffed animals, action figures, other family members or friends to their tea parties.
Any one of these delightful kids tea sets is sure to thrill your child despite their gender.
Here Are Our Top Three Tea Sets
Updated on 08.14.2021
Our top pick: Golray Tea Party Set (27 pieces) – this unicorn themed tea set offers more than you’d expect and it comes with a convenient carrying case.
Second place: Fisher-Price Musical Tea Set
Third place: VTech Learn and Discover Pretty Party Playset
A Word from a Psychologist
Written By: Psychologist Natasha Tanic
- Tea parties inspire creative thinking
- Children’s tea sets boost language development
Let the Tea Party Begin!
Children love imaginary play. And one of the favorites is undoubtedly a tea party.
Aside from boosting your child’s vocabulary, a tea party with family members or peers encourages creativity, imagination, and essential social skills.
Serving their sibling a cookie and a cup of tea promotes skills like sharing, communication, and cooperation.
Tea sets are also a great way to teach kids about simple household chores such as setting or cleaning up the table.
In short, children’s tea sets provide a myriad of developmental benefits.
And yes, they are endlessly fun to play with!
3 of the Best Tea Sets For Children
Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Say Please Tea Set
The Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Say Please Tea Set is an absolutely adorable tea set that offers your child 3 different modes of age-appropriate play!
Level 1 is the Explore stage and includes early learning words and sounds. Ideal for babies 6+ months.
Level 2 is the Encourage stage which has questions and simple directions for your little one. This level is great for 12+ months.
Finally, level 3 is the Pretend play stage and this level is great for imaginative play and fun role playing for your toddler. Perfect for 18+ months.
- 2 tea cups
- shape sorting cookie tray
- 3 teething cookies
- fun tea pot which plays songs by pressing the tea bag
This Fisher Price tea set requires 2 AA batteries (not include). Ideal for kids 6 months to 3 years old, this is the perfect first tea set for girls and boys.
Why We Recommend The Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Say Please Tea Set
- 3 different levels allow it to grow with your child and provide age-appropriate play for several years.
- A wonderful set to help your child enhance their social and relationship skills
- Encourages your child to improve their speech and language skills.
LeapFrog Musical Rainbow Tea Party Set
Your toddler will have tons of learning fun with this adorable LeapFrog Musical Rainbow Tea Party Set! Hours of tea time fun with lots for your toddler to see, hear and do.
The enchanting 10 pieces set includes:
- colorful interactive teapot: after each song, the tea pot will light up and tell your little one what flavor of tea they’re serving
- there is a mirror when a child lifts the lid of the teapot
- 2 pretty cups
- 6 pieces of cake on a plate
- 7 learning songs and over 50 phases and sounds (bubbling, whistling, pouring etc) that teach your child matching, colors, sharing, manners, counting and social skills
- 2 volume options: high and low.
Ideal for children between the ages of 1 and 3 years. To keep this kid tea party set clean, all you have to do is wipe down the tea pot and the rest can be hand washed with soap and water.
Why We Recommend The LeapFrog Musical Rainbow Tea Party Set
- Interactive tea set for seeing, hearing and doing.
- Wonderful toy for cooperative and interactive play with parents, siblings and friends.
- Your toddler will learn social skills such as sharing, patience and taking turns.
- Easy to keep clean.
Kidzlane Play Tea Set
If you’re looking for a durable tea set that will last your child for at least a couple of years, the colorful and cheery Kidzlane Play Tea Set is well worth considering!
This great plastic tea set comes with 15 pieces:
- tea pot and lid, 6.5″ high, 4″ in diameter and holds enough liquid to fill all 4 cups
- sugar bowl with a lid
- 4 cups, about 3″ high and 2″ in diameter
- 4 saucers
- 4 spoons
Designed for children age 3 and up, this delightful tea party set is BPA free and perfect for toddlers of either gender. It makes a wonderful gift for any occasion!
Why We Recommend The Kidzlane Play Tea Set
- Bright and colorful, making it appealing to small children.
- Dishwasher safe, so it’s easy to clean
- Helps your kids learn manners.
3 Books About Children’s Tea Parties
Tea Rex by Molly Idle
Tea Rex is a delightful tongue in cheek book written especially for preschool and kindergarten kids!
This 40 page book tells the story of how a little girl manages to accept all her unusual guest’s mistakes and make him happy and comfortable, despite his less that mannerly behavior.
The mixture of tea party and dinosaur makes this a gender neutral book. The story gently encourages children to accept those that are different.
Why We Like The Tea Rex Book
- Humorous story.
- Teaches a few manners and rules of behavior in a fun and lighthearted way.
- The text of this story is written in a prim and proper style, while the illustrations that accompany the text shows the exact opposite.
- The book is illustrated by an award winning children’s book illustrator Molly Idle – website, Wiki.
Let’s Have A Tea Party! by Emile Barnes
Let’s Have A Tea Party! is a delightful book designed for children ages 6 years and up.
This 32 page book is both entertaining and informative:
- how to throw 6 different types of tea parties: including a garden tea party and a tea party with grandmother
- instructions on making sandwiches for tea, and what type of other foods and drinks can be served
- recipes to help get your child started.
- discusses making and sending out invitations, creating decorations and fun activities to do.
Let’s Have a Tea Party is a great first ‘how to’ book taking children step by step through the basics of throwing a tea party.
Why We Recommend The Let’s Have A Tea Party Book
Let’s Have A Tea Party! by Emile Barnes
Tea Party Rules tells the whimsical story of a two bear cubs, a little girl and cookies.
This story also covers important things like how to deal with frustration, compromising, and following rules to get a much desired reward.
Ideal for preschool and kindergarten age kids, this book makes a great gift for any little girl or boy, especially those who love tea parties or cookies.
Why We Recommend The Tea Party Rules Book
- Appeals to both girls and boys
- Great lessons in how children play differently.
- Topics to discuss: compromising and frustration.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Imaginative Play Benefits Children?
Imaginative play is essential for a child’s development.
Pretend play can be an excellent outlet for children to practice emotional expression, learn social rules, and develop vocabulary.
Through play with toy tea sets, children can learn how to plan (while preparing for a tea party), organize their time and resources, communicate and relate to others, and much more.
Why are Tea Parties Good for Children?
Pretend-play tea parties with siblings and friends can be a fantastic opportunity for young children to develop their skills and use imagination.
In addition, imaginative play with toy tea sets and similar toys encourages children to practice turn-taking and cooperation and learn the values of sharing and positive communication.
Imaginative tea parties can help with:
- boosting a child’s creativity,
- speech, and language,
- helping them express their thoughts and feelings,
- communicate ideas,
- and last but not least, develop humor.