If you have an active toddler who loves any kind of sport, then you’ll love our list of the best sports toys for 2 year olds and up as it covers a host of fun and engaging toys for your child to enjoy!
Young children love a challenge and they love learning a new skill, so what better way to encourage them than by introducing them to various sports toys designed specifically with toddlers in mind.
From balls to combination playsets, we’ve researched and found the best sports toys for a 2 year old toddler and all of them are suitable for both girls and boys. We’re confident you’ll find something special for your child.
6 Top Sports Toys For 2 Year Olds
Little Tikes T-Ball Set
This Little Tikes T-Ball Set comes with 5 white plastic balls to bat, a yellow bat, and a red and blue stand.
The T itself is supposed to be adjustable, but several parents shared that it does not adjust so worth noting.
Made entirely of plastic, this T-ball set is designed for children ages 18 months to 6 years so perfect for your 2 year old girl or boy to play with.
The T is specifically designed to hang on the wall while holding the bat and two of the balls, which makes storing this set easy.
This T-ball set is perfect for children too young to join actual T-ball or for young children who want to practice batting at home and improve their motor skills and coordination.
Younger children can use the T while somewhat older children can use the bat and the ball without the T, just to practice some batting skills.
Both the ball and the bat is somewhat large, with the bat also being shorter than most bats so young children have a better chance of hitting the ball and can have more control over their swing since the bat is sized for them.
This T-ball set makes for a great backyard toy that your child can play with alone or with other toddler friends.
This Little Tikes T-Ball Set makes a great outdoor sports toy for toddlers and preschoolers to provide them with fun and a great introduction to sports.
Why We Recommend The Little Tikes T-Ball Set
- Toddlers and preschoolers will find hitting the ball off T great fun!
- Once assembled, the T-Ball set is quite sturdy
- Will grow with your child lasting them for 3 or 4 years of back yard play
- T-ball stand comes in two pieces that need to be assembled
- Great for developing your child’s batting skills
- Large ball and bat makes for more accurate hits by toddlers
- Helps to develop and improve your child’s co-ordination and motor skills
- Great exercise for your two year old as they enjoy playing with their friends
- Perfect toy for co-operative play helping your child develop their social and communication skills
ToySmith Get Outside Go Pro Ball Set
If you are looking for a simple way to introduce your toddler to the world of sports as a means of helping them burn off some of that excess energy, then this Pack of 3 Get Outside Go Pro Ball Set may be ideal.
This set features a 5” soccer ball, a 6.5 inch football, and a 5” basketball. The balls are made for indoor or outdoor use and are recommended for children age 3 to 15, although they are much better suited for children ages 1 to 4 or 5.
These balls are made from a soft rubber-like plastic and come already inflated, but you can re-inflate them if they lose air overtime.
This ball set will help your child build kicking, bouncing, throwing, and running skills. At the same time, it will strengthens their gross muscles and keep them happily occupied for hours.
They are small and light enough to be used inside, although you may want to designate a play area just to keep things from getting knocked over.
This ball set is sure to keep your toddler happily playing outside while building strong muscles and developing skills needed to engage in sports as they grow older.
Why We Recommend The ToySmith Get Outside Go Pro Ball Set
- All toddlers love playing with balls and this set gives them 3 different balls to choose from
- Fantastic fun for your two year old toddler as they learn many new skills
- Can be used for both indoor and outdoor use, although they are best suited to playing out of doors
- Easy for small hands to grasp so perfect for your little one to play with
- The balls bounce well
- Despite being made from softer material than normal sports balls, these balls are pretty durable
- Perfect for cooperative play, encouraging your child to play with other family members or toddler friends
- Helps to develop and improve your child’s core muscle strength and gross motor skills
- Perfect sports travel toy for taking to the part, going camping and lots more!
Step 2 Game Time Sports Climber and Slide
The Step 2 Game Time Sports Climber and Slide is a compact play set that should keep small toddlers happily occupied for long periods of time.
This sports climber consists of steps that are designed to help your child gain their climbing skills.
There is also a slide, a basketball hoop, and a scoreboard that your child can keep score turning clicking knobs.
There is also a crawl through wall that your two year old can use as soccer goal. The set comes with a basketball, and is recommended for children ages 2 to 6 years but suitable for children as young as 1 year old.
It will hold weight up to 60 pounds.
The entire Sports Climber and Slide measures 5’3” X 3′ 7” X 2’6” making it compact enough for small yards or even indoor use.
This is a great toy for toddlers, providing them with a number of activities that will allow them to explore, build gross motor skills, and engage in play that helps them to insert a bit of independence.
But we do advise that you supervise your young toddlers when playing with this toy until they have mastered the play set.
If you have an active toddler who loves climbing on everything then this Step 2 Game Time Sports Climber and Slide may well be the perfect play set to keep them occupied while building important skills.
Why We Recommend The Step 2 Game Time Sports Climber and Slide
- Climbing and sliding is wonderful fun for toddlers and they will thoroughly enjoy it!
- Parents like that this climber and slide is easy to assemble
- Sturdy and well built and sure to last for years giving you great value for money
- Sports climber and slide offers your child plenty of activities to keep them busy
- Compact size of this play set is great for families with limited space so perfect toy for small yards
- Climbing the ladder and crawling through the crawl-through wall will help your child develop gross motor skills
- Keeps your child active, allowing them to burn off excess energy
- Ideal sports toy for your child to play with on their own but even more fun if they play with siblings or friends
- Great for building your child’s confidence and sense of independence
Street Tennis Club Tennis Racket For Kids
If you or someone in your family plays tennis, then there is a good chance that your 2 year old toddler will want to play too, which is why the Street Tennis Club make Tennis Rackets the perfect size for small children.
This Street Tennis Club Tennis Racket comes in sizes 17 inches, 19 inches, and 21 inches, making these rackets perfect for smaller children.
The 17 inch racket is perfect for children ages 2-5 and fits in their hand well, and is shorter to help them be able to actually hit more balls as it has more control.
Made from high quality aluminum, this tennis racket comes in a choice of black/yellow or pink/white and has a smiley face in the center to make it more fun and appealing for small children.
These are real tennis rackets that are just made in a size suitable for small children.
Most parents who purchase a tennis racket for their 2 or 3 year old start out by simply tossing a tennis ball and allowing their toddler to the hit the ball back to them.
It makes for great bonding time between parent and child or older and younger sibling.
This tennis racket comes with a free video game that covers some of the fundamentals of tennis.
The Street Tennis Club Tennis Racket for kids is a great way to give your child an early start on learning the basics of playing tennis.
Why We Recommend The Street Tennis Club Tennis Racket for Kids
- Toddlers love trying to hit balls with different objects, so this tennis racket is perfect for providing them with lots of fun!
- Great size for toddlers
- Made from good quality materials
- Tennis racket is lightweight so perfect for toddler’s smaller body size
- Included video will help your child learn the basics of playing tennis
- Makes it easier for your child to hit the ball, increasing their feelings of success
- Perfect for encouraging your child to get fresh air and exercise while enjoying themselves
- Ideal for some great bonding time with your child
Little Tikes Totsports Easy Hit Golf Set
Childhood is a time for children to explore different hobbies and interests and this Little Tikes Totsports Easy Hit Golf Set allows toddlers as young as 2 to explore the hobby of golf.
This golf set comes with an all surface putting hole, 2 clubs, 3 golf balls and a cute little plastic cart with wheels.
The sports golf set provides a great way for your little one to play putt-putt golf in their own backyard.
Although this golf set is either recommended for children 1-6 or 2-6 depending on where you get your information from, most parents find that it works best for children ages 18 months to about 5 years.
This brightly colored golf set is designed for children to be able to use whether they are right or left handed, and everything can be stored in with the clubs inside the bag and the balls on the side.
The great thing about this golf set is that most toddlers don’t just use it to play golf.
Some children use the cute little cart to load other toys inside and haul them around!
But eventually, children become interested in trying to hit the ball with the golf club and feel a real sense of accomplishment when they get it into the ‘hole’!
This Little Tikes golf set is a great addition for anyone looking for outdoor sports activities for kids.
Why We Recommend The Little Tikes Totsports Easy Hit Golf Set
- From the wheeled golf cart to the sturdy little golf clubs, this set offers small children hours of golfing fun!
- Golf cart is extremely durable and will last for years of fun play
- Easy to keep the set together when it is not being played with
- Depending on the age of your child when you purchase this golf set, it could give them 3 or 4 years of fun play
- Cart rolls easily which toddlers really love
- Parents like that this golf set can be used by both right and left handed two year olds
- Your toddler will find many other fun uses for the golf cart, making it a very versatile toy
- Great for independent play, but a wonderful sports toy for your child to play with friends or siblings
- Encourages your child to play outdoors and get exercise
- As your child improves their skill, it increases their confidence and boosts their self-esteem
Space Hopper Ball
If you have a 2 year old, then you know how energetic they can be, with your little one practically bouncing off the walls in his or her exuberance. This Space Hopper Ball can allow your child bounce to his or her heart’s content.
This Space Hopper Ball is recommended for children age 3 to 5, but several parents shared that this hopper ball works perfectly for their two year old.
Although small in size for older children, it will bear up to 160 pounds.
This ball has a nice large handle for your child to hang onto and is made of thick and durable inflatable material.
It does not come inflated, but there is an air pump that comes with it so you can pump it up to the size needed. Once blown up this ball is 15 inches in diameter.
While this ball will help your child develop gross motor skills, balance and stamina, your toddler won’t care about that, they will just find it fun bouncing around the house from one place to another.
If you plan on using this Space Hopper ball out of doors, then make sure you use it on grass that is free of sticks and sharp stones that could cause a puncture.
Your child will spend hours of happy times with this space hopper ball while enjoying some fun exercise and getting rid of some of their pent up energy.
Why We Recommend The Space Hopper Ball
- Your little one will have a blast bouncing on this ball!
- Easy to inflate, which parents like
- Pretty durable, lasting for months or a year or more of rough toddler play
- Great exercise and will allow your toddler to burn off some of that excess energy
- Helps your child to improve their balance and coordination
- Included pump makes it easy for parents to keep the ball inflated