Check Table of Contents
- How Ride-On Tractors Gross Motor?
- Frequently Asked Questions
A Word from a Psychologist
Written By: Psychologist Natasha Tanic
- With two and three-year olds, it’s all about movement and physical activity.
- Toddlers and preschoolers have endless energy that needs to be burned to keep your child healthy and relaxed.
How Ride-On Tractors Gross Motor?
With ride-on tractors, you give your child exactly what they need – the opportunity to have fun, exercise, and burn energy. But not only that.
Ride-on toys are an excellent way to improve gross motor skills and leg muscle strength, as your child needs to use their legs to move around.
And even the powered ride-on tractors provide opportunities to practice their motor skills, balance, and coordination as they navigate the toy around.
The ability to manipulate their ride-on tractor also gives the child a sense of self-pride, boosting their self-esteem and confidence.
TOBBI 12v Battery Powered Toy Tractor With Trailer
The TOBBI 12v Battery Powered Toy Tractor With Trailer is an awesome ride on toy that will allow your toddler to experience a sense of adventure in the great outdoors.
This ride on toy tractor has lots of cool features that kids love. The gearshift handle allows your child to go at 2 different speeds, slow forward and fast forward. Plus it has a reverse gear.
According to the user manual, the forward speeds are about 2-5 mph. And you can buckle buckle your toddler in with the seat belt for added safety.
There’s a built in Bluetooth radio and a horn that makes a squeaky sound. And kids love the engine sounds it makes while they’re driving.
This tractor also has cool LED lights in the front and back. The lights show up well after dark, should your little one want to ride around the yard before bed.
The large tires have a strip of rubber tread around them for added traction. So whether your toddler is driving on grass, dirt, gravel, or asphalt,
It’s able to accommodate up to 66 lbs of weight and the seat is adjustable so this ride on toy will definitely grow with your child.
The rechargeable 12v battery is easy to charge and holds a charge fairly well. And there’s an indicator beside the volume control buttons that lets you know when it’s time to recharge.
The removable trailer is perfect for your little one to haul all kinds of things around in, including rocks, dirt, and other toys.
This delightful toy tractor with trailer will give your little one many hours of fun. Assembly is easy and it’s available in red, green, black, and pink, so there’s sure to be a color that will excite your toddler.
Kids love the sense of independence they feel in having their own vehicle to drive around. Your little one’s imagination will soar as they play farmer or landscaper or simply drive their tractor around the yard or neighborhood.
Best of all, it’s a great way to encourage your toddler to go outside for some fun and fresh air!
Why We Recommend The TOBBI 12v Battery Powered Toy Tractor With Trailer
- Toddlers think this tractor is a blast to drive!
- Kids think it’s cool to have a vehicle they can drive all by themselves
- You can buckle your child in with the seat belt for added safety
- Toddlers love the Bluetooth radio, engine sounds, and the cool LED headlights and taillights
- Has 3 gears: slow forward, fast forward, and reverse
- 12v battery is easy to charge and holds a charge well
- There’s an indicator that tells you when it’s time to recharge the battery
- Kids love hauling all kinds of things around in the trailer!
- Since this tractor has two different speeds, your little one can drive at the speed they feel the most comfortable with
- Large tires have a rubber tread on them, enabling this tractor to move well on all types of terrain
- Driving this tractor will foster a sense of independence and self-confidence in your child
- This ride on toy is an ideal way to encourage your toddler to engage in imaginative play and role playing
- Can handle up to 66 lbs so this toy will grow with your child, providing them with tons of fun for several years
- Adjustable seat allows kids of different sizes to comfortably drive this ride on tractor
- It’s easy to put together
- This tractor is durable enough to withstand the rough play of toddlers
John Deere Sit ‘N Scoot Activity Tractor
The John Deere Sit ‘N Scoot Activity Tractor is one of those simple toys that will provide your toddler with years of fun and imaginative play!
Designed as a 3-in-1 toy, there are three ways your child can use this JD tractor toy: they can scoot along, push the tractor from behind, or be pushed along by someone.
Once your toddler is done riding, they’ll enjoy flipping the seat to the side to reveal a cute little play area.
The play area is just the right size for the 4 removable play animals that come with this JD tractor: a horse, a cow, a sheep, and a pig.
Each of these adorable animals is about 3 inches high, making them a good size for small hands to grasp and play with.
There are also spots on both the front and the back of the tractor where your little one can put the adorable animals so they can go for a ride.
Kids love that when they put the animals in the correct space in the play area, the animal makes its own unique sound. And toddlers get a kick out of hearing ‘Old McDonald’ when they press the horn!
This tractor has a normal, low, and off volume settings and 3 AAA batteries (included) are required to activate the sounds. But the tractor itself works just fine without the batteries.
If you’ve got a tractor lover in your family, they’ll be thrilled to receive the JD Sit ‘N Scoot as a gift!
Why We Recommend The John Deere Sit ‘N Scoot Activity Tractor
- Toddlers love scooting around on this awesome JD tractor toy!
- Can be used 3 ways: As a ride on toy, as a push toy, or as a toy kids can sit on it and be pushed around
- Little kids love hearing ‘Old McDonald’ when they press on the horn
- The seat flips open to reveal a cute little play area
- 4 cute farm animals come with this toy tractor: a cow, a horse, a pig, and a sheep
- All the animals and are just the right size for the play area
- When the animals are placed into the correct spot, they make their own unique animal sound
- This tractor is a great size for toddlers who have just started walking
- Made from durable plastic and built to last
- Helps your toddler develop their fine and gross motor skills
- Great toy for pretend play and role playing
- These 4 animals will help your child learn to recognize animals and the sounds that they make
- Pretending to farm will encourage your child to use their imagination
- The Sit ‘N Scoot tractor will grow with your child offering them fun play for at least a couple of years
Peg Perego John Deere Ground Force Tractor with Trailer
Your child will be thrilled riding around on the Peg Perego John Deere Ground Force Tractor!
This awesome ride on tractor comes with a full size detachable stake-side trailer, accelerator pedal, and heavy duty farm tractor wheels.
It has two running speeds, 2 ½ mph or 4 mph, and has a parental control so you can control how fast your child goes. In fact, you can actually lock out the higher gear, ensuring your child doesn’t go any faster than 2 ½ mph.
Another great safety feature is the automatic stop; as soon as your child takes their foot off the accelerator pedal, the tractor comes to a stop.
This cool John Deere ride on tractor can go forward and in reverse. And the heavy duty wheels give your child a smooth comfortable ride and allow them to go on just about any surface, including grass, dirt, pavement and gravel.
To add to its appeal, it has an adjustable seat with flip-up arm rests and a working FM radio.
Made in the USA, both the 12 volt battery needed to run this run ride on tractor and the battery charger are included.
Most parents find that this tractor takes about an hour or two to assemble, including the putting on the neat stickers that come with it.
Your child will love loading up the trailer and driving their load from one destination to another. Or you may find them putting that play rake and shovel in the trailer so they can help you with yard work or gardening.
Designed for kids 3-7 years old, this ride on tractor can hold up to 85 lbs. It’s packed with features and designed with your child’s safety in mind.
This Peg Prego John Deere Tractor makes every outing a fun adventure and your child is sure to have hours of fun on it!
Why We Recommend The Peg Perego John Deere Ground Force Tractor
- Kids think it’s a blast to ride on!
- Safe and easy to maneuver
- Automatic shut off feature ensures the tractor stops as soon as your child takes their foot off the accelerator
- Can go forward and reverse
- Has two running speeds
- You can lock out the higher gear to ensure your child doesn’t go any faster than 2 ½ mph
- Gives your child a feeling of independence
- Detachable stake-side trailer is full size
- Adjustable seat and flip-up arm rests allow this ride on tractor to grow with your child
- Heavy duty wheels make for a smooth ride
- Runs well on almost any surface, including dirt, grass, pavement and gravel
- Comes with a working FM radio
- Decent battery life
- Made in the USA
- Very well made and built to last
Frequently Asked Questions
Should You Buy a Battery-Powered Ride-On Tractor for My Three Year Old?
Most ride-on electric tractors are made for kids 3+, so this would be an ideal gift for your toddler.
Choose the one with sounds and lights to add extra fun and promote your child’s development.
What are the Benefits of Pedal Ride-On Tractor?
Pedal-powered ride-on tractors for 2-3 year old toddlers promote gross motor skills such as balance, coordination, and agility.
They can also improve your child’s muscle strength in their legs, promote fine motor skills, and encourage imaginative play.
Do Ride-On Tractors Promote Collaborative Play?
Ride-on tractors are the perfect toy to be shared with siblings and friends, encouraging your child to enjoy their imaginary play and transition to the stage of collaborative play in which they play with other children, working towards a common goal.