Check Table of Contents
- Editor’s Choice – Our Top Pick Of The Best Ride On Toy For A Toddler
- VTech Ride On Toys For Toddlers Who Love Fun Play
- Power Ride On Toys For Toddlers To Have Fun With
- More Awesome Toddler Ride On Toys For Adventurous Play
Young children love toys that they can climb on and go for a spin, so what better gift for your child than one of the best ride on toys for toddlers for adventurous fun!
During the toddler phase, your child is full of curiosity and ready to explore. They’re either walking or trying really hard to start walking.
And they’re really keen to be mobile both inside and outside.
We’ve taken this all into account when looking for the best riding toys for toddlers to enjoy playing with.
Some of our top picks also double as a walking toy, which gives your child added benefits and gives you extra value for your money.
So come on in and have a look. We’re confident you’ll find an awesome toddler ride on toy that your child will have tons of fun with!
ToyReviewExperts is reader-supported. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. Learn more
Editor’s Choice – Our Top Pick Of The Best Ride On Toy For A Toddler
Here’s why the Little Tikes Cozy Coupe 30th Anniversary Car is our top ride on toy for a toddler:
- Toddlers love that they can propel this car all by themselves
- Well built and will last for years
- Kids love the horn that squeaks, the gas tank that opens, and the ignition key that turns
- Great for independent play inside and outside
- Versatile toy as it can be pushed by you or propelled by your child
Little Tikes Go And Grow Lil’ Rollin’ Giraffe Ride-On
If you are looking for a great ride on toy for your little one, then this adorable Little Tikes Go And Grow Lil’ Roller Giraffe Ride-On should fit the bill.
This scoot toy is designed to look like a giraffe and comes with decals to customize your giraffes spots.
It features a three wheel design with two smaller wheels in the front and one large double thick wheel in the rear.
It has an adjustable seat so that your child should be able to use this giraffe ride on until the age of 3 or 4 depending on their size.
This Giraffe Ride-On measures 15.5” X 22” X 16” and will hold children up to 50 pounds. It can be used indoors or outdoors as long as its rode on a smooth surface.
Several parents shared that their toddler who is just beginning to walk also likes to push the Giraffe rather than ride on it, and also use it as their favorite seat while watching television.
Parents are struck by the adorable face on this little ride-on Giraffe!
Best of all, this ride-on giraffe is made Little Tike tough, so you will likely be able to hand this him down to younger siblings once your child outgrows it.
If you are looking for a simple and affordable scoot ride-on toy for your child then this Go and Grow Lil’ Roller Giraffe ride-on toys may be well worth your consideration.
Why We Recommend The Little Tikes Go And Grow Lil’ Rollin’ Giraffe Ride-On
- This cute Giraffe provides hours of ride on fun for your toddler
- Riding this ride-on will help strengthen your child’s leg muscles
- Parents find this toy easy to assemble
- Helps your child develop better balance
- Well constructed
- Easy for your toddler to get on and off
- Allows toddlers to get healthy exercise
VTech Ride On Toys For Toddlers Who Love Fun Play
VTech 2 In 1 Learn & Zoom Motor Bike
Vtech are well known for making their fun educational toys and this VTech 2 in 1 Learn & Zoom Motor Bike is no exception.
This brightly colored ride on motorbike is perfect for toddlers at different stages.
It converts from a three-wheeled motorbike that is safe for young toddlers just beginning to ride, to a two-wheeled motorbike that’s great for toddlers with more confidence and skill.
The motorbike is propelled by your child’s own feet and has interactive panel features with lights, buttons, rollers and gears for your child to explore.
It has a motion sensor that activates over 70 songs, sounds, and phrases as the bike moves, making it very entertaining ride for your toddler.
This motorbike also introduces colors, safety and road safety tips. You can select the Sing and Learn Mode or the Ride on Mode.
The bike does require 2 AA batteries (included) for everything to function.
Parents really enjoy seeing their child’s excitement when they are playing with this bike and also shared that the motor sounds encourage their toddler’s laughter.
Parents also really like that this Learn & Zoom Motor Bike is simply to assemble and once assembled its sturdy and dependable with lots of fun activities for toddlers to enjoy.
The VTech 2 in 1 Learn & Zoom Motor Bike is sure to become one of your child’s favorite toys for a long time to come.
Why We Recommend The VTech 2 In 1 Learn & Zoom Motor Bike
- Provides hours of fun for your little one
- Parents like that this ride on Motor Bike is easy to assemble
- Lots of fun activities for toddlers to engage in
- Over 70 songs, phrases, and sounds for your child to listen to
- Grows with your child
- Helps your child improve their balance
- Children love the music and motorcycle sounds
Power Ride On Toys For Toddlers To Have Fun With
Power Wheels Jeep Wrangler, Red
This Power Wheels Jeep Wrangler has realistic Jeep Wrangler styling with a cool grill and roll bars, rugged fenders, auto brakes and wide tread tires.
It also has roomy storage and will seat two small children comfortably so your child can ride with a friend or sibling.
This Jeep Wrangler has two forward speeds running at either 2.5mph or 5 mph. It only reverses at 2.5 mph.
It travels well on hard surfaces or grass, has a high speed lockout, bears a total user weight of 130 pounds, and comes with its own 12v battery and charger.
This Jeep Wrangler is perfect for any child and sibling or friend who wants to go on that backyard safari or go 4 wheeling around those trees.
It’s recommended for children ages 3 to 6, but parents find that smaller toddlers can have fun being a passenger when their slightly older child drives.
A simple screw allows parents to lockout the higher speed until their child has their steering down pat and is familiar enough with the Jeep Wrangler to be able to handle the higher speed.
Then you simply remove the screw and your child is good to go as fast as the vehicle allows.
This Power Wheels Jeep Wrangler is a fun Jeep that toddlers love driving and allows them to engage in all types of imaginative adventures.
Several parents shared that their toddler sons and daughters love this ride on Power Wheels and drive it for hours of fun engaged play!
Why We Recommend The Power Wheels Jeep Wrangler
- Kids have a blast riding this cool Jeep and create lots of fun adventures!
- Ease to put together
- Parents love the lockout feature since it allows them to control the speed of the Jeep travels
- Sturdy and quite durable with good battery life
- Roomy and comfortable for one or two small children to ride in
- Perfect Power Wheels Jeep to get your child’s imaginative juices flowing
- Encourages your child’s independence, allowing them to feel that they can do something on their own
- Great for helping your toddler to develop and improve their balance, coordination and motor skills
- Can be used for shared play as your child could have a friend or sibling ride with them
- Great outdoor toy for teaching early driving skills
- Drives well on hard and grassy surfaces
More Awesome Toddler Ride On Toys For Adventurous Play
Prince Lionheart Wheely Bug
If you are looking for a fun and durable ride-on toy for your toddler then the Prince Lionheart Wheely Bug is an excellent choice.
This ride on toy comes in both small and large sizes. The small one is recommended for kids 1-2 years old and the large one is ideal for toddlers 3 and up.
Both the small and large size are available as a bee, cow, hedgehog, ladybug, mouse, pig, and tiger. So there’s sure to be one that your toddler will love!
Mounted on a wooden frame, this ride on toy works well on different types of surfaces, including smooth flooring, low pile carpeting, and paved driveways.
It has a faux leather looking body that is easy to wipe off and has 360 degree casters that allow your child to turn in every direction. The handle is a semi circle that is sturdy and easy for children to hold onto.
Kids love riding and pushing this toy, and parents like the fact that their child can use their feet to scoot along smoother type surfaces. Some parents do state that the seams in the wheels may be a bit rough on wooden floors.
This padded ride is comfortable for your little one to sit on and will hold up to a good deal of toddler abuse.
Any of these adorable little animals are sure to capture your child’s imagination and they will enjoy riding this toy for hours on end.
Why We Recommend The Prince Lionheart Wheely Bug
- Offers your child hours of riding fun
- Helps strengthen your child’s legs
- Helps your toddler improve their balance
- Grows with your child
- Available in a variety of adorable animals, including a cow, a pig, a bee, a tiger, a ladybug, a mouse, and a hedghog
- Easy for your child to maneuver
- Made from high quality materials
- Durable and built to withstand rough toddler play
- Easy to clean
Radio Flyer Retro Rocket Ride On
This awesome Radio Flyer Retro Rocket Ride On toy will allow your little one to explore the mysteries of outer space without ever leaving earth!
It comes with cool features, including colorful buttons on the dashboard that your toddler can push.
Each button lights up when it’s pushed, and each one has different space-age phrases and sounds.
Your child can also turn the nose cone of this rocket and as they do that, they’ll hear a fun clicking noise.
And if they want to take their favorite toys along with them into space, the seat flips up to reveal a handy storage area.
The 4 wheels roll well and add stability, and the handlebars are just the right size for small hands to hold on to.
So your toddler will be safe and secure while they’re scooting around on this delightful ride on toy.
Ideal for kids 1-3 years of age, the seat is about 10” off the ground. But if your little one isn’t big enough to scoot themselves around, they can also be pushed while they ride in comfort.
This ride on toy is a great way for your toddler to get some healthy exercise while they develop their gross motor skills.
It also helps foster a sense of independence and freedom with your little one, as they scoot around safely under your watch.
Made from sturdy plastic that’s designed to last, this rocket ride on toy measures about 23″ X 12″ X 12″.
It requires 3 AA (included) and has a maximum weight limit of 42 pounds.
Leg-powered ride on toys are very popular with many toddlers, and this Retro Rocket is sure to provide your child with endless hours of imaginary play fun!
Why We Recommend The Radio Flyer Retro Rocket Ride On
- Toddlers love scooting around on this flashy ride on toy!
- Has 4 wheels for added stability and safety
- The cool lights and sounds add to your toddler’s fun
- Little kids really enjoy pushing the buttons on the dashboard
- Handlebars are the perfect size for small hands to hold on to
- Great way for your child to get some exercise
- Scooting around and pushing the buttons is an excellent way for your toddler to develop their motor skills
- Kids love the storage space under the seat and use it to haul around all sorts of things
- This ride on rocket gives children a sense of independence and freedom
- Great way to encourage your little one’s imagination
- Will grow with your toddler, lasting them for years of fun pretend play
Pewi Ybike Ride On Toy And Walking Buddy
If you are looking for a great combination walker and ride on toy for your little one who is just beginning to take their first steps, then this Pewi Ybike Ride On Toy and Walking Buddy certainly is a toy worth considering.
Although this ride-on toy is a bit strange looking with it’s wide set wheels and round circular handle, it is sure to be fun for any toddler.
This Ybike comes in red, pink or blue and is perfect as a birthday or Christmas gift for your toddler.
This toy has a lightweight aluminum frame and a molded banana style seat with foam padding for added comfort. It has an easy grip handle and 360 degree non-marking caster wheels.
It measures 22” X 18” X 18” with the seat standing 10 or 11 inches from the ground and will hold children up to 44 pounds.
When used as walker, your son or daughter stands holding onto the handle and pushes the Ybike in front of them to give them something to hang onto when making those first initial steps.
As a ride on toy, your child sits on the seat, grips the handle and propels the toy with their feet.
However, the design of this ride-on toy and walking buddy is also useful as a chair if your child sits backwards on the seat and uses the round handle for a backrest.
You may find that your child never wants to gets off this toy during their waking hours!
This well made ride on toy and walking buddy is the ideal ride-on toy for most toddlers providing them with several different ways to use it for added value and fun!
Why We Recommend The Pewi Ybike Ride On Toy And Walking Buddy
- Fun and easy to use for your child
- Dual use as a walker and ride on toys
- Rolls well on smooth surfaces
- Wheels are spaced away from your child’s feet
- Well constructed
- Easy to assemble
- Grows with your toddler lasting a couple of years
- Strengthens your child’s legs