Check Table of Contents
- Why is Independent Play with Puzzles Important?
- Here Are Our Top Three Pics
- The Learning Journey My First Puzzle Sets 4-In-A-Box Puzzles, Farm
- Melissa & Doug Vehicles Wooden Peg Puzzle (8 pcs)
- Melissa and Doug Farm Wooden Chunky Puzzle (8 pcs)
- Melissa & Doug Animals Wooden Peg Puzzles Set – Farm, Pets, and Ocean
Even from a really young age, children love puzzles of any kind and they are trying their best to figure them out.
So picking one of the best puzzles for 2 or 3 year old kids as a gift could be a very wise choice.
I still remember my first ever puzzle as a toddler and the fun and excitement I had trying to work out which piece went where!
And the sense of satisfaction and pride I got when I eventually completed the puzzle was awe-some!!!
So we’re delighted to share with you our list of the top puzzles for two and three year old toddlers.
We’re certain you’ll find the perfect gift for your precious toddler!
A Word from a Psychologist
Written By: Psychologist Natasha Tanic
- Puzzles are great manipulative toys for improving short-term memory
- Puzzles can enhance problem-solving skills in 2 and 3 year olds
Why is Independent Play with Puzzles Important?
Independent play with puzzles can improve your child’s focus and concentration and teach them patience.
For example, playing with puzzles can spark creativity and foster problem-solving skills.
Puzzles also boost your child’s confidence as they will feel proud of themselves when they finish the puzzle.
Also, playing alone brings a sense of calmness, helping your child relax while they quietly play with their puzzles.
Here Are Our Top Three Pics
Updated on 08.15.2021
Our top pick: SKYFIELD Wooden Animal Puzzles – simple, fun and entertaining puzzle set for two year olds.
Second place: Melissa and Doug Wooden Farm Puzzle.
Third place: Wooden Toddlers Puzzles and Rack Set – for three year olds who already love puzzles.
The Learning Journey My First Puzzle Sets 4-In-A-Box Puzzles, Farm
The Learning Journey “My First Puzzle Sets, Farm” is a wonderful starter puzzle for your 2 year old toddler!
This colorful learning puzzle shows your child what they’d see on a farm, including a cow, a horse and a pig.
In addition to the Farm version, there are 7 more great puzzle sets and each set has 4 puzzles with characters that kids can easily recognize.
Other themed sets include a numbers theme, a letters theme, a colors theme, a dinosaur theme, a jungle theme, an ocean theme and a shapes theme.
So all in all, there are plenty of learning puzzles for your 2 year old to enjoy!
Each puzzle set has a different number of pieces, starting with 2 pieces, then 4, then 6, then 8, which is the largest puzzle.
If your child does them in order of pieces, the 8 piece puzzle will bring together all the pieces they saw in the first three puzzles of the set.
The puzzle pieces are chunky which make them easy for small hands to pick up and manipulate.
Each completed puzzle measures 12.8″ X 8.5″.
The Learning Journey Puzzles make lovely gifts for both boys and girls and are ideal for toddlers age 2 and up.
Why We Recommend The Learning Journey Puzzle Sets
- Each puzzle has a different number of pieces, which allows your child to slowly build up their skill as they complete a puzzle with more and more pieces
- Helps your toddler improve both their hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills
- All the pieces of these puzzles fit together easily
- The puzzles provide your toddler with hours of quiet play time
- Each puzzle is an opportunity for your child to learn something new
Melissa & Doug Vehicles Wooden Peg Puzzle (8 pcs)
If you want a beautifully designed puzzle that offers a wonderful way for your little one to have fun while developing their physical, emotional, and cognitive skills via role play, imaginative thinking, and storytelling, then the Melissa & Doug Vehicles Wooden Peg Puzzle (8 pcs) is the perfect puzzle for you and your 2 year old.
Made of a variety of lightweight carved wooden pieces, this 3-in-1 peg puzzle set features:
- an alphabet puzzle with 26 upper-case letters;
- a number puzzle which includes 0-9,
- and a colorful 8-piece vehicles puzzle which includes an airplane, a helicopter, fire engine, bus, truck, police car, garbage truck, and an ambulance.
Perfect for children aged 24 months, this early learning peg puzzle with its bright colors will catch your little one’s interest, develop their problem-solving skills and help them learn to think logically.
Some parents who purchased this puzzle mentioned that it was great for their preschooler as it helped them develop better color recognition skills and get introduced to the functions of different vehicles.
Why We Recommend The Melissa & Doug Vehicles Wooden Peg Puzzle (8 pcs)
- Encourages patience and goal setting – both of which are rewarding when your little one completes the puzzle
- Puzzle will motivate your child’s imagination and storytelling skills through role play
- Helps to enhance your child’s cognitive skills and fine motor skills as your child works at solving this puzzle
- Has a variation of colors which offer visual stimulation to your little child
- Puzzle offers a great way for your toddler to practice hand-eye coordination, enhance their memory and problem-solving skills – all while having a good time!
Melissa and Doug Farm Wooden Chunky Puzzle (8 pcs)
Already got your two year old toddler a puzzle gift and now looking for something more than just a puzzle?
How about this classic Farm-Themed Melissa And Doug Wooden Chunky Puzzle Playset with 8-pieces that can be played with separately?
The eight-pieces include a barn, a cow, a hen with a little chick, a pig, a sheep, a duck with ducklings, a goat and a horse.
Your toddler can use any or all of these pieces on their own for pretend play, creating their own stories and adventures.
The pieces are made from wood and they will actually stand up which kids love as they can create their own little world but still make the actual puzzle.
If you’re looking for a great gift idea for your toddler, then this wooden farm themed puzzle is perfect!
Why We Recommend The Melissa And Doug Wooden Chunky Puzzle For 2 Year Old Toddlers
- Fun filled puzzle with a farm theme that your child will love!
- Pieces stand up giving dual functionality as your toddler can use the pieces for their own pretend play
- Picture underneath puzzle piece helps your child work out where each piece goes
- Can be used to teach your child all about the farm and the animals that can be found on it
- Perfect for teaching your child animal sounds
- Great for helping your child to enhance their problem solving skills
- Helps improve your two year old’s motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Wonderful travel toy made with durable wood pieces
Melissa & Doug Animals Wooden Peg Puzzles Set – Farm, Pets, and Ocean
Are you looking to delight your little one with a visually stimulating animal themed puzzle that makes playtime even more exciting and enjoyment filled?
How about the Melissa & Doug Animals Wooden Peg Puzzles Set – Farm, Pets, and Ocean to get your 2 year old bubbling in a world of non-stop learning and entertainment!
This sturdy yet attractive 3-in-1 farm, pets, and ocean animals-themed puzzle comes with six easy-grasp pegged pieces that challenge your adorable toddler’s thinking and exercises his or her mind while offering countless ways for them to play.
This beautifully detailed wooden peg puzzle will serve as a launch pad that ignites your little one’s sense of wonder and imagination as they discover themselves, their purpose and their passions.
Whether it is the farm, pet or ocean themed puzzle, your child is going to enjoy making up cute stories based on the characters in each theme.
Develop your child’s organizational skills by mixing up all the animals in a bowl and have them replace them in each hole and watch as your little one celebrates their accomplishment.
Some parents who bought this puzzle mentioned that it is not just a great learning tool but also an efficient way to introduce a toddler to the beautiful variety of the animal world.
It’s great value for money as you spend very little on this beneficial learning tool which will improve your parent-child bond with your two year old toddler as you enjoy making the puzzles together.
Why We Recommend The Melissa & Doug Animals Wooden Peg Puzzles Set – Farm, Pets, and Ocean
- This delightfully illustrated puzzle promises to make your toddler’s playtime fun filled with hours of enjoyment
- Promotes imaginative play, fine motor skills, and storytelling
- Your toddler will learn to share the excitement of playtime with their friends as they work together to complete this puzzle and build better social skills
- Puzzle is super durable, affordable and serves as a great way for you to create a stronger bond with your cute little one during playtime
- Your child’s communication skills will improve as he or she will often pick up the puzzle pieces and make the sounds of each animal
- Provides a boost to your little toddler’s self-esteem and self-confidence and by extension prepares them for future challenges in life