With so many to choose from, finding the best play kitchen for toddlers to enjoy role playing and imaginary play is not an easy task.
But our team has done extensive research to simplify things and make that choice a whole lot easier for you.
Toys that allow your child to engage in pretend play are important for your toddler’s development. These types of toys help them expand their minds creatively in so many ways.
Toy kitchen sets are one such toy that can really help your child to explore their creativity, while developing their communication, storytelling, and sharing skills.
We’ve selected only the best toy kitchens for toddlers to enjoy and play with, so they can mimic mom or dad in the kitchen, and cook up a storm for their friends, dolls or stuffed animals!
Each of the child play kitchen sets included in our list meets our strict criteria of safety, quality, and value for money. So you can have peace of mind and confidence when shopping.
So have a look around. We’re sure you’ll find the perfect toddler toy kitchen for your child!
ToyReviewExperts is reader-supported. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. Learn more
Editor’s Choice – Our Top Pick Of The Best Play Kitchen Set For A Toddler
Here’s why the Step2 Fun With Friends Play Kitchen is our top toy kitchen for a toddler:
- Kids love all the awesome things they can do with this play kitchen!
- Electronic sounds and lights make your child’s play more fun and realistic
- Full of pretend appliances to encourage imaginary play and role playing
- Lots of hanging spaces for all the toy utensils
- Helps build your child’s self confidence through interactive play
- Encourages your child to express themselves while improving their social and communication skills
- Keeps your child engaged for hours
- Great toy for both independent and shared play
Check out our detailed review below if you’d like to know more about the Step2 Fun With Friends Play Kitchen.
Step2 Fun With Friends Play Kitchen
This delightful interactive Step2 Fun With Friends Kitchen is jam-packed with lots of fun features for your toddler to enjoy, including appliances, lights, sounds, and so much more!
Kids love the stove top burner that gets activated with lights and sounds when your toddler places the special frying pan or boiling pot on it.
This toy kitchen also comes with toy utensils, a toy microwave, refrigerator, and a toy oven for those pretend baked goodies!
The oven has a clickable knob and there is a built-in sink with a faucet that swivels.
There’s even a cute single-serve pretend coffee maker with a travel mug for your toddler. How cool is that!
With ample hanging space for all the important utensils your budding chef needs, all the features combined make for very realistic play for your child.
And there’s plenty of storage space for pretend vegetable, fruit and whatever other play food your child wants to make.
The Step2 Fun With Friends Play Kitchen comes with over 30 different accessories to make playtime a whole lot of fun.
These accessories include the all important pretend smartphone so your toddler can look up delicious recipes or take an important call while cooking up a storm!
Available in tan, brown and blue, or pink, this play kitchen screams fun for any toddler and we’re certain your child will not be disappointed!
Why We Recommend The Step2 Fun With Friends Kitchen
- Toddlers absolutely love this fantastic play kitchen and have endless fun with it!
- Comes with over 30 fun accessories to make play more realistic
- Has fun electronic sounds and lights, which little kids love
- Comes with a host of fun features for your toddlers, including pretend appliances, utensils, a smartphone, storage sections, and more
- Encourages your child to actively engage in role playing and imaginary play
- It’s big enough for more than one toddler to fit inside it and play comfortably
- Great way to help teach your little one about shared and cooperative play
- Allows your child to expand and grow their social and communication skills through play
- Teaches your child about cause and effect
- Extremely well made and built to last
- Will grow with your toddler, giving you real value for your money
- Encourages your child to create their own stories and adventures
Other Great Step2 Play Kitchens For Toddlers
Step2 Best Chef Toy Kitchen Play Set
The Step2 Best Chef Toy Kitchen Play Set is a great little kitchen for toddlers who want to play ‘chef’.
This play kitchen has a pass-through window where the cook can pass orders through so the waiter or waitress can serve the restaurants guests.
Besides the pass-through window, it also features clicking knobs on the stove top and oven, a refrigerator door, and hooks for utensils and tea cups.
There are also hooks for cups and cooking utensils.
There is a stove top, oven and sink with a faucet, as well as a small shelf and a fake clock.
This pretend kitchen also features lights, cooking sounds and a recycling bin.
Made of hard plastic, it has a counter top 19 inches off the floor.
This kitchen set comes with 25 accessories, including a recycling bin, coffee pot, dishes, pot, pan, salt and pepper shaker, and cooking utensils.
Toddlers love stirring up their pretend meals in this cute little kitchen and serving them to you and other family members, as well as to their assorted dolls and even stuffed animals.
A number of parents we know shared that their toddler loved this play kitchen, loved all the cool sounds, turning the knobs, and opening doors.
They also mentioned that their little one played with it for hours at a time, absorbed in their own imaginary world.
If your child wants to play chef, then this Step2 Best Chef Toy Kitchen Play Set with its pass-through window may fit the bill.
Why We Recommend The Step2 Best Chef Toy Kitchen Play Set
- Provides your toddler with hours of fun, and they especially like the burner sounds
- Parents find that this kitchen is easy to put together, which means if you are assembling for Christmas, you won’t spend the entire night putting it together
- Offers your child plenty of space to store those dishes and play food products
- If you don’t want your child to use the pass through window this kitchen will fit nicely against the wall
- Should last until your child outgrows it, making it an excellent value for money
- Allows your child to let their imaginative juices flow, providing plenty of opportunities for creative play
- Serving you or their toddler friends will help your child develop important social, sharing and communication skills
- Great for your child to play with on their own, but even more fun if they play pretend kitchen with their friends
- Helps improve your toddler’s dexterity, fine and gross motor skills
Step2 Sweet Baker’s Kitchen
This cute little pink and purple Step2 Sweet Baker’s Kitchen Playset has everything your little toddler chef could possibly want.
The kitchen consists of a stove top, oven, refrigerator, sink and faucet, and a built-in high chair (no doll, so your child can keep their baby (doll) close at hand while cooking up a storm.
There is even a little shelf and cabinet area to store dishes and other items.
When placed on the right burner, there is a frying pan that makes sizzling sounds, and a pot with a lid that makes the sound of boiling.
This kitchen set comes with a 30 piece accessory set and a pull out fruit or vegetable basket.
There are even cupcakes for your toddler to pretend bake.
The kitchen playset measures 14” X 28” X 41.5” and uses 2 AA batteries (not included).
It’s made of durable plastic and perfect for young toddlers who love mimicking Mommy in the kitchen!
Your child is sure to have a great time pretending to play house and cooking for the family, or being the chef in their very own kitchen.
This Step2 Sweet Baker’s Play Kitchen is a great starter play set for toddlers who are interested in cooking and entertaining.
Why We Recommend The Step2 Sweet Baker’s Kitchen
- Your toddler will have hours of fun playing in this kitchen making pretend meals, washing dishes and feeding their doll
- Comes with a wonderful 30-piece accessory set that help make play feel more realistic
- Your child will love the realistic sounds and lights during play
- Helps to teach your child about cause and effect during play
- Parents like the fact that this little play kitchen is easy to assemble
- Compact, doesn’t take up a lot of space and fits nicely against one wall
- Will encourage your child to engage in imaginative play, creating different scenarios in their mind
- This Sweet Baker’s Kitchen is well made and will hold up to rough play
- Will help to improve and develop your child’s motor skills
- Helps your child develop their socialization skills, as they serve guests from their very own kitchen
- Will grow with your toddler, lasting them for several years until they outgrow it
- You can use this amazing play kitchen to teach your child all about every element in a kitchen
Best Melissa And Doug Play Kitchen For Toddlers
Melissa & Doug Chef’s Kitchen (Cupcake)
This Melissa & Doug Chef’s Kitchen comes in a lovely cupcake pink and white that your toddler is sure to love!
The delightful play kitchen has an oven, stove top, microwave with a microwave plate that turns, sink, refrigerator, ice dispenser with 2 ice cubes, storage space, movable hooks, and a check list.
In addition to the Cupcake version of this play kitchen, you also have a couple other options (sold separately): The kitchen with a play food set, and the kitchen with play food cans that open and close.
The kitchen itself measures 43.25″ X 39″ X 15.5″ with a counter height of 20 ¾”.
Although it takes time to assemble, most parents feel that the time spent in assembly is worth the effort, especially when they see how beautiful this kitchen set is and how much their toddler loves it.
This Melissa and Doug play kitchen can provide your child with years of fun and imaginative play.
Why We Recommend The Melissa & Doug Chef’s Kitchen
- Offers your toddler hours of fun, ‘making ice’, cooking and even washing the dishes!
- Although time consuming, parents shared that if you take your time and follow the directions, putting this kitchen together isn’t really difficult
- Should grow with your child for the next several years giving value for money
- This wooden play kitchen is well made and extremely durable
- You can get lots of different accessories to go with this kitchen and all of the Melissa and Doug accessories fit into the oven and storage spaces well
- Extremely nice looking pretend kitchen playset and won’t be an eyesore in your home
- Encourages your toddler to engage in creative, imaginary and pretend play as well as role playing
- Great kitchen playset for your child to play with on their own or with siblings or toddler friends
- Lots of features to keep your child engaged and entertained
- Aids in your child’s development through improving their motor skills, flexibility and dexterity
- Helps to improve your child’s communication, storytelling and sharing skills
Melissa & Doug Wooden Chef’s Pretend Play Kitchen
This Melissa & Doug Wooden Chef’s Pretend Play Kitchen has a lot of features your toddler is sure to love.
This wooden play kitchen features an oven, a stove, a microwave, a sink and a refrigerator with an ice dispenser with two ice cubes, a freezer, and storage space.
The handle on the sink as well as the oven knobs actually turn for more realistic play for your child.
The counter tops in this kitchen look like granite or marble and the microwave table spins. Plus there are movable hooks and a reusable grocery check list.
This kitchen measures 43 1/4″ X 39″ X 15.5″.
It does take some time to assemble, but parents we know shared that the effort is worth it, because this a cute kitchen that their kids love.
This toy kitchen does have several plastic pieces as well as the main pressed wood construction.
The play kitchen is large enough for your child to play with a sibling or friend when cooking up a storm.
In addition to the kitchen itself, there are also other options available, each sold separately. You can get this kitchen with a baking set, a play food set, a grocery can set, a pots and pans set, or a cooking utensils set.
With so much to do and play with, this delightful Melissa and Doug play kitchen is sure to give your toddler years of pretend play fun!
Why We Recommend The Melissa & Doug Wooden Chef’s Pretend Play Kitchen
- With so much ‘cooking’ to do, your little one will find this kitchen great fun to play in!
- Although it does take take a bit of time to assemble, assembly is easy
- Comes with good instruction for you to assemble correctly
- Once assembled, this toy kitchen is sturdy and sure to hold up well
- Faucet handle really moves so that your child can pretend to run water
- Has lots of storage space so your child can store all those little kitchen accessories
- Parents feel that this kitchen is made of high quality materials
- Realistic looking, which parents like
- Encourages your toddler to engage in pretend play, creating their own stories and adventures
- Your child will enjoy playing with the toy kitchen on their own or with siblings and friends
- Helps to enhance your child’s social and communication skills
- Can be used to teach your child about sharing when playing with others
Best KidKraft Play Kitchen For Toddlers
KidKraft Ultimate Corner Play Kitchen With Lights and Sound
If you are looking for a great Christmas or birthday gift for your toddler, then this KidKraft Ultimate Corner Play Kitchen with Lights and Sounds is to be received enthusiastically.
Done in neutral colors of brown and white, this play kitchen is perfect for those little aspiring chefs, both boys and girls.
The kitchen playset features a speckled granite counter top, a sink with a tap, a fridge, a freezer, a microwave, an oven, a stove top, an Ice maker and dishwasher, as well as a washing machine and convenient storage space.
Made from composite wood, this kitchen playset has doors that open and close, and knobs that clink and turn. The handle on the faucet also turns as well.
This play kitchen uses LR44/AG13 batteries (included) and measures 42.4” X 32.7” X 36.6” with the counter top being 21” high.
Depending on your skill at assembling projects, parents find that this kitchen playset takes a bit of time to put together, but assembly is not too difficult.
And when you see the look on your child’s face, you will find the time spent in assembly well worth the effort!
This kitchen will provide a variety of activities for your toddler, from pretend cooking, to washing and putting away dishes, to throwing their dish towels in the washing machine.
The KidKraft Ultimate Corner Play Kitchen with Lights and Sounds is a great way to introduce your toddler to cooking, nutrition and the joy of imaginative play.
Why We Recommend The KidKraft Ultimate Corner Play Kitchen
- Your child will have fun spending time in this kitchen, preparing a feast for their stuffed animals, dolls, and even you!
- Although time consuming, assembling this kitchen is pretty simple for most people, even those without experience
- Lots of features which will make your child feel like this play kitchen is more realistic
- Your child is sure to engage in creative and imaginative play in this kitchen, cooking up all different types of goodies
- Plenty of storage space for that food and those dishes your child is going to want to add to the set
- Your child will develop socialization skills serving his or her guests and entertaining
- Sure to last for years to come, and you may even be able to hand it down to other family members
- Many parents like that this kitchen is not made out of plastic, but rather is made from wood composite
- Gender neutral play kitchen making it perfect for both girls and boys
- Perfect for independent play but also great for cooperative play with toddler friends or siblings
KidKraft Vintage Play Kitchen
The KidKraft Vintage Play Kitchen is a great old fashioned looking kitchen that your toddler will love playing with.
This toy kitchen comes with a stove, a removable sink, a fridge, an ice dispenser, a cordless phone, and a microwave.
The kitchen has doors that open and close and knobs that click when they are turned, which makes for more realistic play for your child.
The kitchen comes made from particle board with an attachment that allows you to attach the kitchen to the wall.
It does take a bit of time to assemble, but parents shared that it is time well spent, as the kitchen is sturdy and great looking once assembled.
Once completed, this play kitchen measures 33″ X 13″ X 35.75″, making it a great kitchen for homes that have limited space.
One of the great things about this kitchen is that the style and color reminds one of a 1950’s diner, which can really inspire a lot of imaginative play as your child plays homemaker, chef or short order cook.
Most parents also mentioned that they love watching their little one play at ‘cooking’ and serving them meals!
This KidKraft Vintage Kitchen is sure to be a hit with any aspiring little chef!
Why We Recommend The KidKraft Vintage Play Kitchen
- Has enough features to make this a fun kitchen for your child to play with
- Durable and sure to hold up to rough and tumble play
- Ideal for apartments and smaller homes
- Made from good quality materials and sure to last until your child outgrows it
- Perfect for imaginative play, encouraging your child to allow their creative juices to flow
- Parents like the attachment that allows them to attach the kitchen to the wall, making it safer for their child.
- Has great details even though small children may not notice, but parents love them
- Perfect for group play for your toddler to enjoy with toddlers friends or siblings
- Your child can play with it on their own
KidKraft Uptown Espresso Kitchen
The KidKraft Uptown Espresso Kitchen is a great play kitchen loaded with cool features that will encourage your aspiring chef to cook up a storm.
This kitchen features a refrigerator, a freezer, a microwave oven, and a dishwasher, all with opening and closing doors for more realistic play.
There is a chalkboard on the freezer so your little can keep their grocery list.
There is a removable sink, a speckled counter top and above the sink storage, as well as raised burners on the stove and a cordless phone.
There is also a see-through window on the oven and microwave, giving them a more realistic look. There are pegs above the sink to hang utensils and even a towel rack.
Complete with a little ice maker, this toy kitchen measures 42.5 inches X 17.1 inches X 41 inches, so there’s plenty of room for your child to cook with a friend or sibling.
Made from wood, this play kitchen does come with a lot of bits and pieces, and parents say it does take a few hours to assemble, but they feel it is worth it since the finished product turns out to sturdy and looks really great.
The KidKraft Uptown Espresso Kitchen is a great kitchen for kids, and sure to bring them years of enjoyment.
Why We Recommend The KidKraft Uptown Espresso Kitchen
- Offers plenty of fun activities for your child to engage in
- Once put together, this kitchen is extremely sturdy and should last for years of normal use during play
- Instructions are easy to follow which parents love
- Whether playing house or chef, your toddler will have plenty to encourage their imagination
- Lots of storage space in this kitchen so your child can keep pans, play food and utensils, all neatly in one place
- Goes with most home décor so it won’t stand out like a sore thumb
- Designed to be used with children for several years, so it grows with your child as they develop more creative play
- Helps your child to develop and improve their motor skills, hand-eye coordination and more
- Encourages your child to engage in storytelling play, building their communication and social skills
- Ideal for independent play but also fantastic for group play with your child’s toddler friends
KidKraft Grand Gourmet Corner Kitchen
The KidKraft Grand Gourmet Corner Kitchen kitchen will make any blossoming little cook feel as though they’ve won the toy kitchen lottery!
As the name suggests, this KidKraft play kitchen is designed to fit in the corner of a room, against the wall, so it’s ideal for smaller spaces.
This delightful kitchen is fully loaded and comes with a dishwasher, oven, microwave, refrigerator, freezer, cloth curtains, and a sink that’s removable for quick and easy cleaning. All of the appliance doors open and close and that’s something kids really love.
It also comes with a pot, a pan, 2 spatulas, two hanging pegs, storage shelves, a chalk board, a cell phone, and an ice dispenser.
Right out of the box, your child will have everything they need to start their pretend play cooking adventures in this wonderful corner kitchen. And the great thing is that it’s large enough for two kids to play in at the same time.
Size wise, from the right side to the middle of this kitchen measures 34.7 inches and from the middle to the left side measures 36.5 inches.
Parents find that this kitchen does take some time to assemble, in most cases several hours, but they think the time invested is well worth it as their child can play with this kitchen for several years.
Parents like that this kitchen sits nicely in a corner, which is great for smaller spaces and actually makes it more stable than some of the other toy kitchens on the market.
Recommended for kids 3+, with all the awesome features this KidKraft kitchen has, it’s easy to see why it made our list of the best toy kitchen for toddlers.
This Grand Gourmet Corner Kitchen will have your child cooking up a storm and feeling like a real chef!
Why We Recommend The Kidkraft Grand Gourmet Corner Kitchen
- Will provide your child with hours of fun!
- Big enough for two kids to play in at once, so it’s great for cooperative play and will help develop your child’s social skills
- All the toy appliances have doors that open and close
- Encourages imaginative play as your child can play restaurant, home cook or master chef
- Parents find that the instructions for assembly are easy to follow even though the assembly itself takes some time
- Made from wood, this corner kitchen is sturdy and durable and designed to hold up for years of use
- This kitchen is made to grow with your child so they can play with it year after year
KidKraft Large Kitchen
Your aspiring little chef will have fun cooking up some wonderful imaginary feasts in this awesome KidKraft Large Kitchen!
With tons lots of interactive features, such as turning knobs and doors that open and close, it’s not hard to see why this one made our best toy kitchen for toddlers list.
It features a fridge, freezer, oven, microwave, and storage cabinets above and below the sink. All of the doors open and close and kids love the see through doors on the stove and microwave.
Also included is a cordless phone, a removable sink for easy cleaning, and hooks to hold the included potholder, spoon and spatula. For even more pretend play fun, many parents bought a set of toy dishes and food to go along with this KidKraft kitchen.
With knobs on the stove and oven that click when they’re turned, this delightful play kitchen for kids is ideal for encouraging imaginative play! And when playtime is over, there’s plenty of cupboard space to fit everything in for easy clean up and storage.
It measures 42.2 inches X 16.2 inches X 42.9 inches, so there’s plenty of room for two or three kids to play together, which is a great way to develop your child’s social and sharing skills.
Made from fiber board and PVC, it takes 3-4 hours to assemble but once done, it’s very sturdy and durable enough to last for years.
This kids play kitchen is sure to spark your child’s culinary imagination and inspire them to whip up some delightful pretend meals for friends and family!
Why We Recommend The KidKraft Large Kitchen
- Will provide your child with years of pretend play cooking fun!
- Enough room for multiple kids to play in at once, so helps develop your child’s sharing and social skills
- Wonderful way to encourage imaginary play
- Kids love that the bright colors
- Has doors that open and close and knobs that turn, which help improve your child’s fine motor skills
- Lots of cupboard space to make clean up and storage easy and convenient
- Well constructed and sturdy enough to last for years
KidKraft Deluxe Big And Bright Kitchen
The KidKraft Deluxe Big And Bright Kitchen is sure to be a hit with any child who wants to mimic mommy and daddy in the kitchen and explore the world of cooking!
With knobs that click and turn, and appliance doors that open and close, this interactive kitchen has lots of fun things to engage your child.
It comes with an easy to clean sink, a fridge, a freezer, a stove top and oven, and a microwave. Both the oven door and the microwave door have see though windows, which kids really love.
Although the Big And Bright Kitchen doesn’t come with as many accessories as other toy kitchens, it does come with a pot, a spatula, a spoon, a bowl, some toy dishes, and a phone.
Best of all, there’s plenty of storage space so when playtime is over, everything fits neatly into the cupboards for easy and convenient clean up and storage.
Made of sturdy particle board, this KidKraft kitchen measures 48 inches X 20.1 inches X 7.5 inches. It comes with a wall anchor to make the kitchen safer should your child decide to climb on it.
Parents find that assembling this toy kitchen can take between 2 – 3 hours. But, as with the other kitchens on our list, they find the time spent is well worth it for the enjoyment their kids get playing with it and the fact that most kids can use this play kitchen for several years.
This kitchen is roomy enough for two kids to play together which makes cooking those yummy meals much more fun!
Why We Recommend The KidKraft Deluxe Big And Bright Kitchen
- Kids love the knobs that turn and doors that open and close and find this toy kitchen lots of fun to play with!
- Wonderful way to encourage pretend play
- Can be used by two kids at once so helps develop your child’s social skills and is great for cooperative play
- Kids love the bright colors
- Lots of storage space for accessories
- If you use the included wall anchor, it makes this play kitchen extra safe
- Plenty of room to store everything, making clean up easy and convenient
- Made from good quality material that’s designed to last