Check Table of Contents
A Word from a Psychologist
Written By: Psychologist Natasha Tanic
- Active play is vital for a child’s motor development, balance, and coordination
- Dome climbers encourage physical strength and muscle flexibility
How Outdoor Dome Climbers for Kids Promote Development?
Climbing encourages gross motor development, as kids must use both hands and feet to manage levels and distances between platforms.
In addition, such play promotes the ability to sense own body in space, also boosting skills like coordination, balance, and alertness.
More than just improving gross motor skills, climbers can significantly improve your child’s executive skills such as working memory and other cognitive skills, research shows.
Also, your child’s classroom performance may benefit from climbing, too – one study shows that just one hour of climbing or other sports activities can lead to enhanced academic performance, better memory, improved mood, and increased concentration.
Easy Outdoor Space Dome Climber
This Easy Outdoor Space Dome Climber is steel constructed and rust and UV resistant and totally suitable for adventurous toddlers!
It comes in blue, yellow and red and has a weight capacity of 1000 pounds.
This Dome climber measures 90” X 46” X 91” and is recommended for children ages 3 through 9.
It will provide years of fun for toddlers and young school age children.
While this climber provides hours of climbing fun, you can also place a tarp or sheet or two over the dome and make a fort or clubhouse for even more fun!
The climber will stay put, even in high winds, due to the fact that the dome provides more stability.
This Dome Climber is easy for younger children to use while still being fun for older children as well.
In addition, with a little imagination, it can actually be a versatile toy that children can enjoy.
It’s a great toy to get your child outdoors and away from those computer games, while encouraging them to get some healthy exercise.
Parents love that it’s made from high quality steel and is rust and UV resistant.
This Easy Outdoor Space Dome Climber is a fun outdoor toy that is sure to keep your child active and having fun for long periods of time.
Why We Recommend The Easy Outdoor Space Dome Climber
- Climber will provide hours of fun for any toddler who enjoys climbing
- Great climbing toy for encouraging your child to engage in imaginative play
- Cover with a sheet or tarp and your toddler has the cute fort or clubhouse!
- Climbing the dome will help build your toddler’s leg muscles and improve their gross motor skills
- Most parents find this climber simple to assemble
- Sturdy and durable enough to provide your child with years of use
- Easy to move, allowing you to mow under it or move it to another location in the yard
- Suitable for a nice age range, making it a great outdoor toy for families with more than one child
- Will hold several children at once, making it perfect for playing with friends and siblings
- Parents like that it’s rust and UV resistant
Lifetime Geometric Dome Climber Play Center
This Lifetime Geometric Dome Climber Play Center is constructed of heavy duty materials and has a rust resistant powder coating over the steel.
Made for use by several toddlers at once, this dome climber has a maximum weight capacity of 600 pounds.
This climber is 5 feet high and 10 feet in diameter.
While this Geometric Dome Climber is great for children who like to climb, with a little imagination it can also become a versatile piece of play equipment.
You can cover the dome with a couple of large tarps to make it into a tent, fort, or clubhouse, or hang a disc swing or knotted rope from the center of this climber to add an additional fun aspect to it!
This climber does take quite a bit of time to build and you need to follow directions closely to avoid mistakes.
But most parents find that the effort is worth it when they see how long and how often their toddlers play on this play center.
This Geometric Dome Climber is recommended for children ages 3 through to 10, and lots of parents have readily admitted that they too have had heaps of fun on it!
This Lifetime Geometric Dome Climber will provide years of fun as your child grows from a toddler to an early tween.
Why We Recommend The Lifetime Geometric Dome Climber Play Center
- Large climber provides your toddler with hours of fun climbing!
- Encourages your child to want to spend time playing out of doors
- Incredibly sturdy and sure to hold up for years of use
- Several children can use this climber at the same time, encouraging cooperative play
- Climbing the dome with friends or siblings, your toddler will improve their socialization skills
- Climber helps your child to build their gross motor skills and strengthen their upper body muscles
- As your child grows and builds their climbing skills, this climber will allow them to climb higher and faster
- Encourages your child to engage in creative and imaginative play as they make up all kinds of adventures
- Can easily be turned into a tent, clubhouse or fort by throwing a tarp over it
- Weather and rust resistant which makes it a fantastic outdoor toy
Monkey Bars Climbing Tower
This Monkey Bars Climbing Tower is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers.
It consists of interlocking plastic tubes, connectors and self-locking springs.
These monkey bars are lightweight, weighing only about 27 pounds when completely assembled, making it easy to move from indoors to outdoors or when mowing the lawn.
They also have UV protection so they should last a long time even when out in the sun for months at a time.
They do take a bit of time to assemble, although assembly is not too difficult, and once assembled, they hold a total of 150 pounds.
This climbing tower is recommended for toddlers age 3 to 6, although parents find that children as young as 2 and as old as 10 enjoy playing on this tower as well.
A few parents recommend placing something soft under and around these monkey bars in case a smaller child falls.
One parent shared that they placed a ball pit under the climbing tower so their toddler could drop into the balls for added fun!
Other parents found that placing a sheet or tarp over these monkey bars allowed them to turn this tower into a fort for their child.
This Monkey Bars Climbing Tower is a great toy for toddlers to gain climbing skills and enjoy a bit of exercise while spending time indoors or out.
Why We Recommend The Monkey Bars Climbing Tower
- Toddlers love climbing on this tower, whether it is indoors or out and have great fun!
- Climbing is a great way for your child to improve their gross motor skills
- Tower is sturdy and is sure to last for years of active play
- Fairly easy to assemble which parents like
- Two or three children can play together, teaching your child to play cooperatively while gaining socialization skills
- With a little imagination, these monkey bars can be used in a number of fun ways besides just for climbing
- If you set it up outside, then it’ll encourage your child to play outdoors getting fresh air and exercise
- Great climbing toy for imaginative play for toddlers as they create their own adventures
Frequently Asked Questions
We will be adding frequently asked questions shortly.