Check Table of Contents
- Here Are Our Top Three Magnetic Tile Toy Sets
- How Magnetic Tiles for Kids Promote Social and Emotional Skills?
- How Playing with Others Promotes Empathy?
- Top Magnetic Tile Building Toys For Kids
- PicassoTiles 60 Piece Magnetic Tile Set
- PicassoTiles 100 Piece Magnetic Building Tiles Set
- PicassoTiles Designer Artistry Magnet Building Tiles Kit (42 pieces)
- Cossy Kids Magnetic Building Tile Set (120 Pieces)
- Shape Mags Magnetic Stick N Stack 48 Piece Magnetic Tiles Set
Kids of all ages love magnetic tiles!
They’ve become hugely popular because they offer a fun and unique building opportunity that will allow your child’s imagination and creativity to soar.
We’ve put together this list of the best magnetic tiles for kids because not only are they totally fun to play with, but they’re also good for your child in many ways.
As an Amazon Associate, if you visit a link on our site and buy something, we may earn a commission.
They’re an awesome STEM toy that can improve your child’s fine motor skills, teach them color recognition, counting, sorting, and stacking skills.
They also help develop your child’s spatial awareness and problem solving skills, and they’re a great way to get kids off of electronic devices.
But best of all in our minds is that they’re a great way for the whole family to spend some wonderful, creative bonding time together.
We’ve made sure that every set on our list is safe, fun, high quality, durable, and gives you great value for your money.
A Word from a Psychologist
Written By: Psychologist Natasha Tanic
- Magnetic tiles are a great STEM toy, ideal for teaching your child counting, sorting, and color recognition
Did you know that magnetic tiles enhance spatial awareness and problem-solving?
It is important to encourage social independence in young children.
Playing with magnetic tiles by themselves helps kids learn to feel comfortable when on their own, so they don’t have to be around others all the time to feel safe and good.
How Playing with Others Promotes Empathy?
While great for independent play, magnetic tiles are much more fun when sharing with friends!
In addition, playing with other kids and adults encourages the child to notice social cues and rules and understand another person’s perspective, essential for developing empathy.
Top Magnetic Tile Building Toys For Kids
Magna-Tiles Clear Colors 100 Piece Set
The Magna-Tiles Clear Colors 100 Piece Set is designed to help your child develop basic problem solving skills while having fun building a variety of different things.
This set includes 50 small squares, 4 large squares, 15 isosceles triangles, 11 right triangles, and 20 equilateral triangles.
One of the features parents like the most about Magna-Tiles is they have metal rivets in the corner which hold the magnets in.
That, combined with very strong magnets, allows your child to build large structures that hold together really well.
Magna-Tiles are a great way to improve your child’s early learning skills such as colors, patterns, sorting, and shapes.
This large set of tiles can be added to by other Magna-Tiles sets and it’s also compatible with other magnetic tiles, including Playmags.
Magna-Tiles are definitely one of the most well known of all the magnetic tile sets.
Many parents say they’re well worth the money because they hold together well and last for years and years.
While this tile set is recommended for children 3 years and up, kids of all ages enjoy them.
Why We Recommend The Magna-Tiles Clear Colors 100 Piece Set
- Very strong magnets, which means your child is less frustrated when building because their creations hold together very well
- Building with these tiles will help improve your child’s problem solving skills and hand-eye coordination
- These magnetic tiles are a great way to help your child with color recognition, counting, stacking, and sorting
- Can be played with solo or shared with siblings and friends
- Parents think the high price tag is well worth it because of Magna-Tile’s outstanding quality
Magformers Basic Set of Magnetic Building Tiles (62 Pieces)
The Magformers Basic Set of Magnetic Building Tiles comes with 62 pieces that are different shapes, sizes and colors.
This magnetic tile set consists of 20 triangles, 30 squares, and 12 pentagons.
The brightly colored tiles are made from durable BPA-free plastic.
The set also comes with a step-by-step booklet.
These tiles are ideal for younger kids because they’re smaller than other magnetic tiles and have hollow centers which makes them easier for little hands to hold.
But it won’t be long before your child is coming up with their own awesome creations and even asking for more Magformers to build larger and more complex structures.
Magformers can be used for both 2D and 3D building.
They’re a great way to help kids learn how to identify colors, practice sorting, stacking, and counting.
These blocks are recommended for kids 3 and up and the magnets are securely enclosed within the blocks so they don’t pose a swallowing hazard to young children.
The Magformers Basic Set of magnetic tiles is a wonderful way to get your little ones started and on the road to building exploration and fun!
Why We Recommend The 62 Piece Magformers Basic Set of Magnetic Building Tiles
- Great beginner set for younger kids
- Great way to develop your child’s hand-eye coordination
- These tiles are very lightweight, making them easier for small children to hang on to
- Parents have reported that the Magformers have been dropped, thrown and walked on, and still have held up very well
- Compatible with other Magformers tile sets so you can grow your child’s collection as their building skills improve
- Parents think they give you great value for your money
PicassoTiles 60 Piece Magnetic Tile Set
This PicassoTiles 60 Piece Magnetic Tiles Set is sure to provide you child with hours of building fun!
It has different sizes and shapes of tiles and comes with 4 large square tiles, 24 small square tiles, 18 small triangle tiles, 8 medium size triangle tiles, and 6 large triangle tiles.
This awesome STEM toy will allow your child to create a lot of different building designs, including 3D designs.
And they’re great for color recognition, counting and sorting, improving your child’s creativity and developing your child’s fine motor skills.
Plus you also get a storage box, making clean up quick and easy and taking them somewhere very convenient.
And one of the best things about this 60 piece Picassotile Set is that not only can it be added to other Picassotile sets, but it’s also compatible with other magnetic tiles, including Magna-Tiles and Playmags.
So the construction and creativity experiences are endless!
Why We Recommend The PicassoTiles 60 Piece Magnetic Tiles Set
- The magnets that hold these tiles together work very well, so your child’s creations stay together
- This set grows with your child, allowing them to build more and more intricate designs as they grow
- These tiles are very durable so your child can have years of building fun with them
PicassoTiles 100 Piece Magnetic Building Tiles Set
If you have an aspiring builder in your family, they’ll love the PicassoTiles 100 Piece Magnetic Building Tiles Set!
This award winning set consists of 8 large squares, 46 small squares, 20 small triangles, 12 medium triangles, and 14 tall triangles.
The see-through tiles come in a variety of bright colors.
The tiles are compatible with other Picasso tile sets as well as Magna-Tiles and Playmags.
This large set of tiles will give your child plenty of building fun as well as help them improve their color recognition, and sorting and counting skills.
This 100 piece set of Picasso magnetic tiles should give your child enough tiles to take on large building projects as well as allow them to share the fun with siblings and friends.
Kids love to use this set to tackle anything from small buildings to larger structures and even really tall skyscrapers.
This set of Picasso tiles will provide your child with hours of building fun as they take on bigger and bigger projects.
Why not let your child get creative with these awesome building tiles and see where there imagination will take them?
Why We Recommend The PicassoTiles 100 Piece Magnetic Building Tiles Set
- There are enough tiles in this set to allow your child to build more and complex structures
- The magnets are strong so the structures hold together well, making it more fun and less frustrating for your child
- Helps develop your child’s fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- This set is well made and designed to last for years
PicassoTiles Designer Artistry Magnet Building Tiles Kit (42 pieces)
Winner of the Tillywigs Toy Awards, the PicassoTiles Designer Artistry Magnet Building Tiles Kit is a fantastic building set for kids who love to create their own 3D designs!
Your child will get 42 really colorful and eye-catching tiles in 6 different shapes, allowing them to create all kinds of wonderful designs.
In the box, they’ll find 7 of the letter N shape, 7 of the letter I shape, 7 of the letter H shape, 7 of the double door shape, 7 of the large window shape and 7 of the arched window shape.
Easy to hold and connect together, this magnetic tiles building set will encourage your child to explore their creativity to build all kinds of 3D and 2D structures.
Several parents shared with us that they were blown away by the wonderful designs their kids were able to create with this PicassoTiles magnetic tiles kit.
They mentioned that it was wonderful for them to see their kids use their imaginations in such clever and creative ways, without any inhibitions whatsoever.
Recommended for children age 3 and above, this set is compatible with other sets so as your child grows in confidence, they can add more tiles to create bigger and better designs without any limitations!
Why We Recommend The PicassoTiles Designer Artistry 42 pc Set Magnet Building Tiles
- Encourages your child to use their imagination to create all kinds of 2D and 3D structures
- Allows your child to express themselves creatively while having a ton of fun!
- Great way to develop your child’s fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Introduces your child to basic architectural design and use of magnets
- Gives your child a sense of achievement when they create a design with the magnetic tiles
Cossy Kids Magnetic Building Tile Set (120 Pieces)
If you’re looking for an inspirational toy for your kids, check out the awesome Cossy Kids Magnetic Building Tile Set.
Your child will get a whopping 120 colorful tiles, including 4 large squares, 44 small squares, 24 small triangles, 10 long triangles, 16 wide triangles, 2 car bases, 4 small rectangles, 4 L-shaped tiles, 2 fences, 2 windows, 2 window frames, 2 doors, 2 double doors and 2 gates.
That’s a whole lot of building fun, and it’s a great set for encouraging your child to build and create every kind of cool structure they can imagine!
There’s really no limit to what your child can create with these amazing easy to click together tiles.
This set is an excellent way for your child to learn about colors, shapes, counting, geometry, design, and architecture.
Plus it’s a fun way to help develop their fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
Several parents mentioned that they were surprised at how vibrant the magnetic tiles looked and the high quality design. And parents love that these Cossy tiles are compatible with other big name brands, so kids can continue to grow their collection.
Recommended for kids 3 and up, this is a wonderful way to fire up your child’s imagination and creativity while they have tons of fun!
Why We Recommend The Cossy Kids Magnetic Building Tile Set
- With 120 pieces that includes 2 cars with wheels, this is a really versatile set
- Colors are vibrant and eye-catching, which captures and holds children’s attention for long periods of fun play
- Can be used to introduce your child to geometry, structural design, and architecture
- Can help your child improve their problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Enough tiles for your child to play with friends or siblings for shared and co-operative play
- Can help develop your child’s fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Fantastic value for your money
Shape Mags Magnetic Stick N Stack 48 Piece Magnetic Tiles Set
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly magnetic tiles set for your kids, then take a look at the Magnetic Stick N Stack 48 Piece Magnetic Tiles Set!
This award-winning set comes with 48 colorful pieces to keep your child entertained for hours of fun play.
Your child will get 4 different types of triangles: 16 regular triangles, 8 right triangles, 16 long triangles, and 8 wide triangles.
Compatible with other sets, these magnetic tiles are a wonderful way to encourage your child to be creative during play. And there are enough pieces for them to build away to their hearts content!
Why We Recommend The Shape Mags Magnetic Stick N Stack 48 Piece Magnetic Tiles Set
- Comes with 48 colorful triangles – 4 different types and sizes
- Compatible with other sets, including Magna-Tiles
- Encourages your child to develop and improve their critical thinking skills through creation
- Can help your child improve their fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and dexterity while having fun!
- This set can be used to teach your child counting, colors, and shapes
- Has won awards from parents and educators
- Parents love that it’s budget friendly