Check Table of Contents
Toddlers love to build stuff and sometimes take it apart and start all over, which is why giving your child the best LEGO set for 3 year old kids is a really neat idea!
Building toys like LEGO really help with your child’s development by improving their fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, problem solving skills, and so much more.
Plus your child will have a ton of fun and will get a great sense of achievement when they build something, and that increases their confidence and self-esteem.
Choosing which LEGO set is right for your 3 year old can be a daunting task so our team has worked hard behind the scenes to research and find the top sets on the market today.
You can be sure that each set we recommend is totally safe for your toddlers and will provide them with hours of fun, creative and imaginative play!
As an Amazon Associate, if you visit a link on our site and buy something, we may earn a commission.
Top LEGO Sets For 3 Year Old Toddlers
LEGO DUPLO Disney Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Mickey and Minnie Parade
What 3 year old doesn’t like Mickey and Minnie Mouse? So what could be better than combining Mickey and Minnie characters with DUPLO building blocks!
This 24 piece LEGO DUPLO Disney Mickey & Minnie Set features such special pieces as Mickey and Minnie figures, birthday cake, candle, numbered blocks , 3 gift blocks and 3 wheeled pieces that your child can make into a train.
Your child can build the birthday train in different formats, which will allow them to improve their building and creative skills.
While this small set is great for children just learning to build things, you may want to add a larger set so your child can build even more bigger and better projects.
The three wheeled cars gives your child something to actually play with after they finish building.
This building set will also help your child develop their skills in sorting, color identification, number identification (up to five) and counting.
Minnie’s skirt is made out of cloth and can be removed for even more imaginative play.
The candle also fits in the short smoke stack engine piece to make a bigger smoke stack that looks like it is burning.
This Mickey and Minnie Parade building set is a great toy for any child who loves trains and Mickey and Minnie.
A number of parents shared that their three year old loved this LEGO Disney Set and that it’s definitely suitable for both boys and girls.
One thing they particularly liked was the fact that their kids could make something that they could actually then play with.
Why We Recommend The LEGO Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Mickey And Minnie Parade DUPLO Set
- This LEGO Duplo building set is colorful and fun for your 3 year old toddler to use
- Encourages your child’s imagination when building and playing
- Kids love these Mickey and Minnie figures and they can play with them with or without the rest of the set
- Putting these blocks together will help your child improve their fine motor skills and their hand-eye coordination
- Building with these blocks will help your child develop their problem solving skills
- Train cars can connect to other train bases by DUPLO
- Can be used to help your child to learn about sorting, colors, numbers, counting and more!
- Keeps your child engaged for hours of interactive play
LEGO DUPLO Town Truck & Tracked Excavator
The LEGO DUPLO Town Truck and Tracked Excavator Building Set is a great starter building set or a wonderful add on to other DUPLO Town building sets your 3 year old may have.
This 26-piece Truck and Excavator set allows your toddler to build a dump truck and a tracked excavator with a rotating cabin and large shovels.
The set also comes with two little workmen and a few other accessories.
There are also extra blocks to scoop up with the shovel on the excavator and place into the bed of the dump truck where it can be dumped out in a new location.
This set combines well with other DUPLO Town construction sets and makes a great little standalone set.
If your child enjoys playing with construction vehicles, they will have a great time building and playing with this LEGO Truck and Tracked Excavator.
Give your child additional DUPLO blocks and they will have hours of fun loading up the blocks, transporting them to the building site, and building a garage, house or even hotel!
Their imagination will soar and you will unlock their creativity, all while they enjoy fun playtime.
This LEGO DUPLO Town Truck and Tracked Excavator building set is perfect for any child who loves construction equipment, making building them more fun.
Why We Recommend The LEGO DUPLO Town Truck and Tracked Excavator Set
- Any child who likes to build and then actually play with their own construction toy will have great fun with this building set!
- Has just enough pieces for beginning builders to build and still be able to be a little creative
- Joining these bricks and building will help your child develop their hand-eye coordination
- Construction equipment once assembled is perfect for imaginative play
- Blocks in this set is are the perfect size for small hands
- Great LEGO for sharpening your three year old’s problem solving skills
- Helps to improve your child’s dexterity and fine motor skills
- Encourages your child to role play, pretending to run their own construction company
- Your child can play with the toy figures or vehicles on their own for added fun
LEGO Education Community Minifigures Set
This LEGO Education Community Figures Set is definitely for those 3 year olds who are well past the stage where they put objects in their mouth or else they need to be used with parental supervision.
This 256 piece set features 22 people in all different types of jobs, including a policmen, bakers, delivery people and children at play.
Besides the 22 characters, there’s a ton of accessories to go with the different professions, such as a mailbox, food, a pizza oven, shovels, bikes, computers, a trophy and more.
This community figurine set is the perfect accompaniment for almost any LEGO building set.
Kids enjoy adding this set to different building sets or simply playing with the sets by themselves.
They also like that all the females have two different faces, one smiling and one angry.
With so many different people and so many different professionals, this LEGO set is sure to stir your three year old’s imagination, and best of all,it’s large enough for several children to play with together.
This LEGO Education Community Figures Set is the perfect accompaniment to any child’s LEGO building set.
Several parents shared that it’s one of the best mini-figure sets they’ve ever seen and their kids love playing with it.
They shared that they love the fact there are happy and angry faces as it helps their toddlers learn about emotions, moods and more, enhancing their social and life skills.
Why We Recommend The LEGO Education Community Figures Set
- These people figures with all different accessories are bound to create lots of fun for your child!
- Your child will be more than happy to engage in imaginative play with this LEGO Community Figure Set
- Allows your child to practice their social skills, both by role playing the different characters the figures represent and playing with friends or siblings
- Parents like that by purchasing this set, they save money on purchasing these figures separately
- Perfect for cooperative play, allowing several children to play together easily
- Happy and angry faces help teach your child about emotions and feelings, which aids their development
- You can use the happy and angry figures to help your child express how they are feeling
- Encourages your child to create lots of different stories and adventures
- Keeps your child engages for hours of fun interactive play
- Helps to improve your child’s fine motor skills as well as their hand-eye coordination
- You can use the set to teach your child about various people in their own community and what they do
- Excellent educational and travel toy for your child
Frequently Asked Questions
We will be adding frequently asked questions shortly.