Toddlers love to build stuff and sometimes take it apart and start all over, which is why giving your child the best LEGO set for 3 year old kids is a really neat idea!
Building toys like LEGO really help with your child’s development by improving their fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, problem solving skills, and so much more.
Plus your child will have a ton of fun and will get a great sense of achievement when they build something, and that increases their confidence and self-esteem.
Choosing which LEGO set is right for your 3 year old can be a daunting task so our team has worked hard behind the scenes to research and find the top sets on the market today.
You can be sure that each set we recommend is totally safe for your toddlers and will provide them with hours of fun, creative and imaginative play!
- 8 Top LEGO Sets For 3 Year Old Toddlers
- LEGO DUPLO All-in-One-Box-of-Fun Building Kit 10572
- LEGO DUPLO Disney Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Mickey and Minnie Parade
- LEGO DUPLO Town My First Train Set
- LEGO Juniors Fire Suitcase
- LEGO DUPLO SpiderMan Web-Bike Workshop
- LEGO Education Community Minifigures Set
- LEGO DUPLO My First Cars And Trucks
- LEGO DUPLO Town Truck & Tracked Excavator
8 Top LEGO Sets For 3 Year Old Toddlers
LEGO DUPLO All-in-One-Box-of-Fun Building Kit 10572
If your 3 year old child shows any interest in building things, then this LEGO DUPLO All-in-One-Box-of-Fun Building Kit 10572 is a perfect toy to encourage their creativity.
This set of DUPLO blocks has 65 pieces and has some nice blocks that are not available in other DUPLO sets.
Your child will get a boy and a dog figure, as well as two window pieces, numbered pieces, and a wagon base with wheels. So there are lots of interesting LEGO pieces to get your three year old engaged more in creative play.
These blocks are perfect for helping your toddler identify their colors, practice their sorting, identify numbers, and practice counting.
There are enough blocks in this set for three year olds to build quite a variety of different things to play with. And with so many blocks, you can build with your child, which makes for a great parent/child bonding experience.
The boy and dog figures that come with this set are great for encouraging imaginative play after your child has completed building as they can play with them separately. Plus kids get a kick out of the fact that the wheels really turn!
The blocks in this set can easily be combined with other DUPLO brick sets, and the storage box makes clean up quick and easy.
If you’re looking for a set of Duplo that encourages free play and creativity, then this LEGO DUPLO All-in-One-Box-of-Fun is definitely worth checking out!
Why We Recommend The LEGO DUPLO All-in-One-Box-of-Fun Building Kit 10572
- Kids have great fun building all sorts of things with these LEGO blocks!
- Makes an excellent starter set or add on for other DUPLO block sets
- Can help your child practice counting, identify numbers, practice sorting, and identify colors
- Good number of pieces to keep your child entertained
- Blocks will help your child develop both their fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Each block is a great size for smaller children’s hands to handle
- Can help your child improve their creativity as they think up more and more things to build
- Building with these blocks will help your child develop their problem solving skills
- Blocks are reasonably sturdy and will hold up to toddler’s play
- Comes in a handy storage box that makes clean up quick and easy
LEGO DUPLO Disney Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Mickey and Minnie Parade
What 3 year old doesn’t like Mickey and Minnie Mouse? So what could be better than combining Mickey and Minnie characters with DUPLO building blocks!
This 24 piece LEGO DUPLO Disney Mickey & Minnie Set features such special pieces as Mickey and Minnie figures, birthday cake, candle, numbered blocks , 3 gift blocks and 3 wheeled pieces that your child can make into a train.
Your child can build the birthday train in different formats, which will allow them to improve their building and creative skills.
While this small set is great for children just learning to build things, you may want to add a larger set so your child can build even more bigger and better projects.
The three wheeled cars gives your child something to actually play with after they finish building.
This building set will also help your child develop their skills in sorting, color identification, number identification (up to five) and counting.
Minnie’s skirt is made out of cloth and can be removed for even more imaginative play.
The candle also fits in the short smoke stack engine piece to make a bigger smoke stack that looks like it is burning.
This Mickey and Minnie Parade building set is a great toy for any child who loves trains and Mickey and Minnie.
A number of parents shared that their three year old loved this LEGO Disney Set and that it’s definitely suitable for both boys and girls.
One thing they particularly liked was the fact that their kids could make something that they could actually then play with.
Why We Recommend The LEGO Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Mickey And Minnie Parade DUPLO Set
- This LEGO Duplo building set is colorful and fun for your 3 year old toddler to use
- Encourages your child’s imagination when building and playing
- Kids love these Mickey and Minnie figures and they can play with them with or without the rest of the set
- Putting these blocks together will help your child improve their fine motor skills and their hand-eye coordination
- Building with these blocks will help your child develop their problem solving skills
- Train cars can connect to other train bases by DUPLO
- Can be used to help your child to learn about sorting, colors, numbers, counting and more!
- Keeps your child engaged for hours of interactive play
LEGO DUPLO Town My First Train Set
This LEGO DUPLO Town My First Train Set is a colorful battery operated building train set that is sure to provide your 3 year old with hours of fun.
The set comes with 62 pieces and features a buildable train and station.
Special pieces for this set include; a train engineer and child figure, train track, a suitcase, a flower, a goat and a clock block, as well as a fuel pump and a train signal.
The train also has several sound effects and can be configured in different ways, but the track can only be built in a circle unless you buy additional track pieces, which many people do.
One of the things that actually makes this a great LEGO toy for 3 years olds is that they can build their own train and then actually play with it, making it almost like two toys in one.
There are several DUPLOTown building sets that you can add to this train set so your child can build their own little town with buildings and vehicles for even more imaginative and creative fun!
This LEGO DUPLO Town My First Train Set is a fun building set for young children who love trains and want to conduct their own railroad.
Several parents shared that the LEGO set was easy for their three year old to assemble, is a great introduction to STEM toys, and a wonderful toy for creative minds and little hands.
Why We Recommend The LEGO DUPLO Town My First Train Set
- Battery powered LEGO train set provides a great deal of fun for young children!
- Blocks in this set are a good size for small children’s hands
- Great for encouraging imaginative play, role playing and storytelling
- Helps your child develop their fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Train set and station will enable your child to develop problem solving skills while building
- Children really love the sound effects that this train gives off when it is running
- You can add other Duplo Town building sets to this train set to provide your child with more building fun
- Wonderful starter STEM toy for your child
- Helps your child to expand their mind creatively which aids in their development
- Parents love that kids have a toy they can play with once it’s built, giving great value for money
LEGO Juniors Fire Suitcase
The LEGO Juniors Fire Suitcase is a 113 piece emergency fire building set that comes in a bright red suitcase style holder that is divided into sections.
This set allows your 3 year old to build a fire helicopter, a motor bike and the base station.
It also features a water hose, map, barrier and small fires and lights and comes with two people figures.
There are pictorial instructions to help your child build the base station.
This set is compatible with other LEGO junior sets as well as regular LeGO sets so you can add to it so it grows with your child giving you better value for money.
The LEGO Fire Suitcase Building Set will help your toddler improve their sorting and counting skills, and also help them to develop their creative and problem solving skills.
The only one negative about this building set is that the suitcase will not hold it once your three year old has put it together, so your child has to rebuild the set every time they put it away and want to play with it again.
However, the suitcase container does make it easy for your child to take this LEGO set along with them when traveling, giving them something entertaining to do while away.
If you are looking for building blocks that will help your child to transition from Duplo blocks to regular LEGO, then this Lego Juniors Fire Suitcase will fit the bill.
A number of parents shared that their love the fact it has picture instructions for their kids as it’s a great way to introduce a toddler to following directions.
Parents of twins shared that they love the fact there are two vehicles in the set because it allowed their twins to engage in shared play while having great fun together!
Why We Recommend The Juniors Fire Suitcase
- Fun LEGO set for kids who love rescue vehicles and are fascinated with fire trucks!
- Lots of pieces to keep your toddler entertained and engaged
- Parents like the picture instructions to help encourage their toddler to build
- Putting these blocks together will help your child develop their fine motor skills
- Encourages your child to get creative using their imagination to build other things
- Easy for younger children to build
- Kids get a great sense of achievement when they complete the set, increasing their confidence and self-esteem
- As children learns to fix the mistakes when building, their problem solving skills will improve
- Suitcase container makes this a great toy for your child to take along when traveling
- Perfect LEGO gift set for 3 year old twins as there are two vehices in the set
LEGO DUPLO SpiderMan Web-Bike Workshop
The LEGO Duplo SpiderMan Web-Bike Building Set may only have 13 pieces, but it allows your 3 year old toddler to bring the world of super heroes to life.
This set comes with a spiderman figure, a spider man web-bike, and the blocks to build the workshop with ramp and storage cupboard.
The motor bike stands on its own and the set also has a wrench, engine and oil can as special objects.
While 13 pieces might not seem like a lot of pieces to work with, it is actually a nice amount for any child who has not had any building experience with DUPLO blocks.
This Spiderman kit can be easily added to with other DUPLO building kits and blocks, so your toddler can create even bigger projects once they get the hang of building with these blocks.
Most kids love to play with Spiderman and his web bike, making up their own stories and adventures of how Spiderman saves the day!
These LEGO blocks go together well and stay together for play, but are still easy to take apart.
Several parents shared that while this is a small set, their toddlers love it, especially the combination of their favorite super hero with LEGO building blocks and they play with it for hours on end!
They feel it gives their toddler the best of both worlds when it comes to imaginative play and the set can easily be added to as they grow in confidence building it.
While this Duplo Spiderman kit does not have a lot of pieces, it is ideal for young children just developing their building skills.
Why We Recommend The LEGO DUPLO Spiderman Web-Bike Workshop Set
- It’s Spiderman! Most toddlers love superheroes, so a building set featuring Spiderman is sure to be well loved!
- Putting these blocks together will help your three year old develop their hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills in a creative way
- Has some interesting pieces to encourage pretend play, like pretending to fill up Spiderman’s bike with gas
- Great set for encouraging your child’s imagination, allowing them to make up their own stories and adventures!
- Well sized blocks for toddler’s hands
- Easy for your child to manipulate and build with
- Great starter LEGO building kit
- You can add other DUPLO block kits to this building set for even more fun for your toddler!
- Perfect gift idea for any toddler who loves Spiderman!
LEGO Education Community Minifigures Set
This LEGO Education Community Figures Set is definitely for those 3 year olds who are well past the stage where they put objects in their mouth or else they need to be used with parental supervision.
This 256 piece set features 22 people in all different types of jobs, including a policmen, bakers, delivery people and children at play.
Besides the 22 characters, there’s a ton of accessories to go with the different professions, such as a mailbox, food, a pizza oven, shovels, bikes, computers, a trophy and more.
This community figurine set is the perfect accompaniment for almost any LEGO building set.
Kids enjoy adding this set to different building sets or simply playing with the sets by themselves.
They also like that all the females have two different faces, one smiling and one angry.
With so many different people and so many different professionals, this LEGO set is sure to stir your three year old’s imagination, and best of all,it’s large enough for several children to play with together.
This LEGO Education Community Figures Set is the perfect accompaniment to any child’s LEGO building set.
Several parents shared that it’s one of the best mini-figure sets they’ve ever seen and their kids love playing with it.
They shared that they love the fact there are happy and angry faces as it helps their toddlers learn about emotions, moods and more, enhancing their social and life skills.
Why We Recommend The LEGO Education Community Figures Set
- These people figures with all different accessories are bound to create lots of fun for your child!
- Your child will be more than happy to engage in imaginative play with this LEGO Community Figure Set
- Allows your child to practice their social skills, both by role playing the different characters the figures represent and playing with friends or siblings
- Parents like that by purchasing this set, they save money on purchasing these figures separately
- Perfect for cooperative play, allowing several children to play together easily
- Happy and angry faces help teach your child about emotions and feelings, which aids their development
- You can use the happy and angry figures to help your child express how they are feeling
- Encourages your child to create lots of different stories and adventures
- Keeps your child engages for hours of fun interactive play
- Helps to improve your child’s fine motor skills as well as their hand-eye coordination
- You can use the set to teach your child about various people in their own community and what they do
- Excellent educational and travel toy for your child
LEGO DUPLO My First Cars And Trucks
This LEGO DUPLO My First Cars and Trucks Building Set comes in 36 pieces and features 3 wheel bases, a crane, different window bricks with different drivers and passengers, a water filling station and 3 building cars to inspire your child’s imagination.
Although there is a limited number of LEGO bricks, there are enough to allow your 3 year old several building options so they can really expand their creativity.
Children really like playing with vehicles they build themselves, so they will get hours of fun out of this car and truck building set.
You can add more blocks so your child can create even more fantastic vehicles to drive around the table or floor.
Your child can build a dump truck, wrecker, or car carrier, as well as many other types of cars or trucks, giving them a new automobile to play with every day.
Even beginner builders will be able to build some of the cars and trucks themselves, and parents and older children love helping to build the harder trucks with their siblings or child.
This LEGO My First Cars and Trucks set is the perfect building set for any three year old who loves playing with a variety of cars and trucks.
Why We Recommend The LEGO DUPLO My First Cars and Trucks Building Set
- Fun and intereactive toy for your child to build and play with!
- Car and truck building encourages your child to engage in creative play
- Building with these blocks will improve your child’s hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills
- Your toddler will actually be able to play with their creations
- Picture bricks are great for giving your child new building ideas
- Great size for small hands to handle and build with
- Encourages your child to role play and create their own adventures and stories
- Comes with a picture building card to help spark new building ideas for your child
- Aids in your toddler’s development through improving their dexterity and spatial awareness
- Colorful bricks can be used to teach your child various colors
- Suitable for boys and girls and set can be added to
LEGO DUPLO Town Truck & Tracked Excavator
The LEGO DUPLO Town Truck and Tracked Excavator Building Set is a great starter building set or a wonderful add on to other DUPLO Town building sets your 3 year old may have.
This 26-piece Truck and Excavator set allows your toddler to build a dump truck and a tracked excavator with a rotating cabin and large shovels.
The set also comes with two little workmen and a few other accessories.
There are also extra blocks to scoop up with the shovel on the excavator and place into the bed of the dump truck where it can be dumped out in a new location.
This set combines well with other DUPLO Town construction sets and makes a great little standalone set.
If your child enjoys playing with construction vehicles, they will have a great time building and playing with this LEGO Truck and Tracked Excavator.
Give your child additional DUPLO blocks and they will have hours of fun loading up the blocks, transporting them to the building site, and building a garage, house or even hotel!
Their imagination will soar and you will unlock their creativity, all while they enjoy fun playtime.
This LEGO DUPLO Town Truck and Tracked Excavator building set is perfect for any child who loves construction equipment, making building them more fun.
Why We Recommend The LEGO DUPLO Town Truck and Tracked Excavator Set
- Any child who likes to build and then actually play with their own construction toy will have great fun with this building set!
- Has just enough pieces for beginning builders to build and still be able to be a little creative
- Joining these bricks and building will help your child develop their hand-eye coordination
- Construction equipment once assembled is perfect for imaginative play
- Blocks in this set is are the perfect size for small hands
- Great LEGO for sharpening your three year old’s problem solving skills
- Helps to improve your child’s dexterity and fine motor skills
- Encourages your child to role play, pretending to run their own construction company
- Your child can play with the toy figures or vehicles on their own for added fun