LeapFrog are renowned for their educational toys so choosing the best LeapFrog Toys for 3 year old toddlers to have fun with while learning, can aid in their developement.
While 3 year olds love toys that entertain them, enagage them, allow them to play imaginatively, provide a fun factor and so much more, they also like toys that allow them to learn and expand their skills.
LeapFrog do a great job of combining the fun factor, engagement, imaginative play and learning into the toys they create, allowing your three year old to expand their skillsets and knowledge while having a blast!
Our team have worked hard to uncover the best LeapFrog toys for a 3 year old to have fun with, while aiding their development and learning.
- 10 Top Leapfrog Toys For 3 Year Old Kids
- LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set
- LeapFrog Scribble And Write
- LeapFrog Leapster Explorer Learning Game System
- LeapFrog Letter Factory Phonics
- LeapFrog Number Lovin’ Oven
- LeapFrog Touch Magic Learning Bus
- LeapFrog Mobile Medical Kit
- LeapFrog LeapStart Moonlight Hero Math with PJ Masks Book
- LeapFrog Count And Draw
- LeapFrog Scoop & Learn Ice Cream Cart
10 Top Leapfrog Toys For 3 Year Old Kids
LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set
The LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set is a yellow school bus with a green frog named Tad that fits on your refrigerator and it’s a wonderful educational toy for your 3 year old.
It comes with 26 interactive alphabet letters (A through Z) that talk and sing while your toddler learns the letters, names, and sounds, and has fun doing it.
This magnetic letter set plays both the ABC’s and Wheels On The Bus which toddlers love!
Children use it by selecting a letter and putting it in place.
They then push on the letter once and Tad says the letter name and the sound it makes.
Push the letter twice and Tad uses the letter in both a word and a sentence.
This is a great way for your child to learn how to recognize their letters, as well as the name of each letter and the sound it makes, in a fun educational way.
Later they can use the letters to make words and even learn how to spell.
While this LeapFrog Magnetic Letter Set is perfect for three year olds, older children can use the letters themselves to practice their spelling words in a fun and enjoyable way.
Several parents shared that they placed this wonderful educational toy in their kid’s playroom on a magnetic board and that it really helped their child learn their letters and numbers.
Why We Recommend The LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set
- Kids find this Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter set great fun and very engaging with its sounds and music!
- Teaches children both the letters and the sound each letter makes
- Strong magnets will hold the bus onto the refrigerator for easy use
- Can also be easily attached to a magnetic board in your child’s playroom
- Encourages your child to learn new things in a fun way, preparing them for preschool
- Letters, sounds and music is easy to hear with good volume
- Letters in this set can be used for kids learning how to spell and read words
- Kids love interacting with Tad to help them learn
- Perfect toy for kids who are obsessed with fridge magnets!
LeapFrog Scribble And Write
The LeapFrog Scribble And Write is designed to teach 3 year olds and toddlers how to write their alphabet and numbers one through ten by following a series of lights.
Children learn how to do both upper and lower case letters too.
If your child traces the letters wrong, they are told to try again, and if they trace the letters correctly, they are congratulated and the Scribble and Write tablet states the letter sound and name.
It takes 3AA batteries and comes with a set of demo batteries to try out the tablet.
This Scribble and Write tablet may be a little more difficult for left handed children to use than right handed children, but several parents do say that it works for both.
Several parents shared that while previously their three year old never showed any interest in wanting to learn their letters or numbers, the Scribble and Write tablet held their interest long enough for them to become engaged and learn in a fun way.
Why We Recommend The LeapFrog Scribble And Write
- Children find it fun to trace the lights to make the letters and numbers
- Teaches your child how to write each letter of the alphabet and the sound each letter makes
- Volume is easy to hear
- Durable and able to take the rough play of a toddler
- Great to use in a car when traveling because the stylus is attached
- Battery Life is reasonably good
- Encourages your child to learn through holding their interest and keeping them engaged
- Helps to expand your child’s knowledge in a fun way
- Gives your child great verbal encouragement when they get the letters and numbers right
LeapFrog Leapster Explorer Learning Game System
The LeapFrog Leapster Explore Learning Game System comes in your choice of green or purple and a few build in games which your 3 year old toddler will love.
This LeapFrog game system helps teach reading, math, science and geography, making it a wonderful educational toy for your child.
You can get other games to go with this system as there are 40 plus games to choose from that teach a number of different learning skills.
There is a stylus that allows your child to practice their writing skills.
The games are designed for different age ranges, allowing this game system to grow with your toddler.
Your child can play more advanced games as their skills increase and this will help to build their confidence and knowledge.
Children can earn rewards and additional games as they play which is great for encouraging their competitive spirit.
This game system requires 4AA batteries or you can purchase a recharger that is sold separately.
You can connect to the online LeapFrog Learning Path to track how well your three year old child is learning.
A number of parents shared that this LeapFrog Games System is really awesome, so much so that they purchased a second one!
They also shared that one of the great features for them is the fact that it grows with their child, increasing their level of knowledge and skills.
Why We Recommend The LeapFrog Leapster Explorer Learning Game System
- Makes learning fun for your child!
- Helps teach your child math, reading, geography and science
- Comes with a stylus for your child to practice their writing skills
- Batteries for this game system last quite a long time
- Allows your child to read books as well as play games
- Holds up well to toddlers rough handling
- Grows with your child, adding new skills as they develop
- You can track the progress your child makes
- Excellent travel and educational toy
- LeapFrog Leapster Explorer Learning Game System allows your child to explore learning at their own speed
- Helps build your child’s confidence as they acquire new skills and learn new things
LeapFrog Letter Factory Phonics
The LeapFrog Letter Factory Phonics is a fun and exciting way for your 3 year old to learn their letters and letter sounds while playing independently.
This letter factory phonics toy comes with twenty-six letters in a box, and your child places the letters one at a time and activatea learning.
There is a cute song for each letter as well as the Alphabet song, and when your child places a letter, they will learn the sound that letter makes.
This LeapFrog Letter Factory does take 3AAA batteries to activate the sound.
Once your child has mastered their letters and the sounds each letter makes, they can then use the letters to start making and reading words, as well as practicing spelling.
Parents can connect to online LeapFrog Learning Path to Customize Learning and to Track Your Child’s Learning Progress.
The bottom of the Letter Factory stores all of the letters so your child does not lose them.
The LeapFrog Letter Factory makes it fun for three year old toddlers to learn their letters and letter sounds and expand their knowledge and skills.
Several parents shared that this educational toy is a fun toy to learn with and their kids just love it!
They also shared that their toddler will play with it for hours as it keeps them really engaged, learning while having fun.
Why We Recommend The LeapFrog Letter Factory
- Fun for your child as they really enjoy putting the letters in the slot and hearing the sounds and songs
- Early learning skills for your toddler as this toy teaches them letters, sounds, songs and more
- Picking up letters and putting them in the slot helps to improve your child’s fine motor skills
- Great educational toy from LeapFrog as it encourages your toddler to learn
- Instils confidence in your child as they feel good when they get the letters and sounds right
- Helps to improve your child’s memory skills as they learn and remember the letters and sounds
- Base of the Letter factory neatly stores the letters inside
- Quite sturdy and holds up to toddler’s rougher play
- Volume switch allows parents to adjust the volume to an enjoyable level
LeapFrog Number Lovin’ Oven
If your 3 year old child wants to cook up their fun while learning, then this LeapFrog Number Lovin’ Oven can help them accomplish that goal!
This oven comes with 16 pieces, a smiling face singing oven with burners on top, 4 pieces of pizza, 3 slices of bread, 2 cupcakes and 1 fried egg.
There is also a skillet that makes sizzling sounds when you put it on the burner, a spatula, a baking tray and 2 plates.
The oven has has over 30 phrases and songs, and a number slider with time and temperature.
Your toddler can fill up the baking tray and make a pretend pizza or loaf of bread, and then divide it in pieces and share with a friend.
This LeapFrog Number Lovin Oven helps your toddler learn to count, add and subtract, and even introduces the concept of fractions to them.
It does take 2 AA batteries.
The LeapFrog Oven is a fun and educational toy for three year old toddlers, teaching them to count, simple adding and subtracting, and introducing the concept of fractions.
Why We Recommend The LeapFrog Number Lovin’ Oven
- Fun for children, allowing them to pretend to cook while they learn all about counting
- Comes with lots of fun accessories for your child to play with
- Has over 30 songs and phrases for your child to learn and enjoy
- Educational, teaching your child how to count, and even about fractions
- Holds up to years of play
- Compact so it won’t take up much space in your home
- Easy to clean, just wipe off the oven to clean it
- Encourages sharing since the pizza and bread can be divided into pieces for your child to share with a friend
- Parents like that this oven comes with volume control
LeapFrog Touch Magic Learning Bus
The LeapFrog Touch Magic Learning Bus helps your 3 year old toddler learn their alphabet and early vocabulary.
It also helps them improve their fine motor skills and has fun songs your little one will enjoy.
The Learning Bus can be activated by either motion or touch and has 3 different modes; learning, explore letters and music.
The sing-a-long songs are fun and there are a couple of finding letter games.
Your toddler will also learn the letter name and sound and a word that starts with that letter.
They can learn on their own by tapping the letters, animals or instruments.
There are also piano keys so your three year old can make their own music.
This is a great toy for both self learning and to help teach your child, since they can play with it alone, or you can explore it with them, taking turns picking out letters or animals.
While the bus is quite large, it is lightweight, making it easy for your child to carry it around.
You need 3AAA batteries for the Learning Bus to work.
If you are looking for a fun and simple toy to help your child learn their alphabet and letter sounds, then the LeapFrog Magic Learning Bus just may do the trick.
Several parents shared that their kids love this LeapFrog toy and play with it constantly.
They also shared that the electronic voice is easy for their toddler to understand which is great!
Why We Recommend The LeapFrog Touch Magic Learning Bus
- Young toddlers find the Magic Learning Bus great fun and really like being able to play in 3 different ways
- Has a good battery life, allowing your child to play for longer periods of time
- Lightweight, allowing your child to carry it around with them
- Extremely durable and will hold up to the rough play of toddlers
- Educational as it teaches your child animal and letter names, words, and allows them explore music
- Parents like that the Learning Bus is easy to clean
- Grows with your child since they first learn the letters and sounds, and then play letter games, showing what they have learned
LeapFrog Mobile Medical Kit
The LeapFrog Mobile Medical Kit features a cute little ambulance and four common medical tools to check ears, take your temperature, give a shot and listen to a heartbeat (all pretend, nothing really functions).
When your three year old presses the siren, they learn tips on health and hygiene.
There is even a sing-a-long song to teach your child body parts.
Combine that with flashing lights and grooves for each of the medical tools to fit into, and this medical kit makes a fun and educational tool for your toddler.
This Mobile Medical Kit is the perfect toy for children who are afraid of visiting the doctor, so they get familiar with common medical tools, which makes seeing their doctor less fearful for them.
Your child can also use the ambulance as a play vehicle giving them a couple of different ways to play.
Not only is this a handy educational toy for your 3 year old, it will also fire their imagination and is great for pretend play, as they check on the health of their stuffed animals, dolls and more.
The LeapFrog Mobile Medical Kit is a fun toy that provides your child with education about health while encouraging imaginative play.
A number of parents shared that this particular LeapFrog toy helped their child engage more in role playing and pretend play.
They also shared that they toddler loves playing with it, on their own and with their toddler friends.
Why We Recommend The LeapFrog Mobile Medical Kit
- Children really like this cheerful little medical kit and have a lot of fun playing with it
- Familiarizes your child with common medical tools, making seeing the doctor less fearful for them
- Perfect to encourage your child to use their imagination when playing
- Allows your child to engage in role playing, pretending to be a doctor and more
- Aids in your child’s development through improving their motor skills, hand-eye coordination and memory skills
- Parents like that this medical kit gives their child healthy messages
- Durable and sure to last for at least a couple of years of fun play
LeapFrog LeapStart Moonlight Hero Math with PJ Masks Book
The LeapFrog Leap Start Moonlight Hero Math with PJ Mask Book is an interactive book that features PJ Mask super hero characters and helps teach your 3 year old early math skills.
There are a number of other LeapStart books in this series that teache other math skills, alphabet, reading and more.
Most of the activities in this book have two different levels so your child will continue to be challenged as their skills grow.
This Math book comes with 25 interactive stickers and an easy to hold and use stylus for certain activities.
You do need a computer to connect the book to LeapFrog, which makes it less convenient than other LeapFrog toys if you don’t have a computer you can use.
The book needs 2 AA batteries to work correctly and is recommended for children ages 3 and upwards.
This math book makes learning fun and helps your toddler to accomplish basic early learning skills.
Several parents shared that their three year olds love this LeapFrog educational toy and it keeps them engaged while learning.
Why We Recommend The LeapFrog LeapStart Moonlight Hero Math with PJ Mask Book
- Makes learning math fun for most children as they love the superhero characters
- Interactive which makes it easier for children to learn
- Age appropriate, allowing your child solve problems that match their skills
- Since most problems have two skill levels, this math book will grow with your child
- Will help your child reach early educational goals in math
- Great LeapFrog toy for keeping your toddler engaged for long periods
- Aids in your toddler’s development as they expand their knowledge and skillsets
LeapFrog Count And Draw
The LeapFrog Count and Draw is an electronic tablet that will allow your 3 year old toddler to draw shapes and write numbers correctly.
Your child simply follows the lights to make the correct shape or letter, and once completed, they can choose another to work on.
The stylus is easy for your child to hold and manipulate.
Not only will this electronic tablet help your child to form numbers and make shapes, it will also help them learn to count from 1 to 10 and play math games.
Counting and drawing helps your child improve hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills, both of which are important to their development.
This Count and Draw pad is a perfect accompaniment to the LeapFrog Scribble and Write tablet and needs 3AAA batteries to function properly.
The LeapFrog Count and Draw makes it fun and easy for your child to learn to write their numbers correctly which is an important part of their educational development.
A number of parents shared that while it’s a simple learning toy, it is an effective one and they found it did help their three year old to progress with their learning.
Why We Recommend The LeapFrog Count and Draw Tablet
- Great fun for children to use and they have a blast playing with it!
- Educational and easy for children to use
- Helps your child to improve their hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills
- Sturdy sturdy enough to withstand the tough abuse toddlers dish out
- Parents like that the LeapFrog Count and Draw has volume control so they can turn the sound down if it becomes annoying
- Stylus is easy for your toddler to hold while learning to draw their numbers better
- Learning to trace helps your child with their development
- A great toy that acts as a introduction to writing
LeapFrog Scoop & Learn Ice Cream Cart
The LeapFrog Scoop and Learn Ice Cream Cart is a fun and educational toy for young children age 3 and up.
Your child can have a blast serving four different colors and flavors of pretend ice cream and adding 3 different toppings.
While your child plays at serving up ice cream, they can learn about counting, colors, and enjoy some fun songs and music and 200 phrases.
The scoop that comes with this ice cream cart is magnetic and easy for your child to use. It does take 2AA batteries.
The wonderful thing about this LeapFrog toy ice cream cart is that it will grow with your toddler and they will gradually be able to use the six double sided activity cards that come with the cart for learning.
One of the things that makes this Scoop and Learn Ice Cream Cart fun is that it is great both for learning and for imaginative play.
A number of parents shared that this is a super cute ice cream cart and their three year old really enjoys playing with it while learning new skills.
Why We Recommend The LeapFrog Scoop and Learn Ice Cream Cart
- Provides your child with hours of fun as they scoop ice cream and serve family and friends!
- Educational toy that teaches your toddler counting, some colors, flavors, songs and more
- Encourages your child to use their imagination when playing
- Cards for this ice cream cart help your toddler practice following directions
- Durable and should hold up to the rough and tumble play of toddlers
- Kids love the magnetic scoop and how it works
- Helps to improve your child’s memory and sequencing skills