LeapFrog is well known for their educational toys so choosing the best LeapFrog Toys for 3 year old toddlers to have fun with while learning, can aid in their development.
While 3 year olds love toys that entertain them, engage them, allow them to play imaginatively, provide a fun factor and so much more, they also like toys that allow them to learn and expand their skills.
LeapFrog does a great job of combining the fun factor, engagement, imaginative play and learning into the toys they create, allowing your three year old to expand their skillsets and knowledge while having a blast!
Our team has worked hard to uncover the best LeapFrog toys for a 3 year old to have fun with, while aiding their development and learning.
5 Top Leapfrog Toys For 3 Year Old Kids
LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set
The LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set is a yellow school bus with a green frog named Tad that fits on your refrigerator and it’s a wonderful educational toy for your 3 year old.
It comes with 26 interactive alphabet letters (A through Z) that talk and sing while your toddler learns the letters, names, and sounds, and has fun doing it.
This magnetic letter set plays both the ABC’s and Wheels On The Bus which toddlers love!
Children use it by selecting a letter and putting it in place.
They then push on the letter once and Tad says the letter name and the sound it makes.
Push the letter twice and Tad uses the letter in both a word and a sentence.
This is a great way for your child to learn how to recognize their letters, as well as the name of each letter and the sound it makes, in a fun educational way.
Later they can use the letters to make words and even learn how to spell.
While this LeapFrog Magnetic Letter Set is perfect for three year olds, older children can use the letters themselves to practice their spelling words in a fun and enjoyable way.
Several parents shared that they placed this wonderful educational toy in their kid’s playroom on a magnetic board and that it really helped their child learn their letters and numbers.
Why We Recommend The LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set
- Kids find this Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter set great fun and very engaging with its sounds and music!
- Teaches children both the letters and the sound each letter makes
- Strong magnets will hold the bus onto the refrigerator for easy use
- Can also be easily attached to a magnetic board in your child’s playroom
- Encourages your child to learn new things in a fun way, preparing them for preschool
- Letters, sounds and music is easy to hear with good volume
- Letters in this set can be used for kids learning how to spell and read words
- Kids love interacting with Tad to help them learn
- Perfect toy for kids who are obsessed with fridge magnets!
LeapFrog Scribble And Write
The LeapFrog Scribble And Write is designed to teach 3 year olds and toddlers how to write their alphabet and numbers one through ten by following a series of lights.
Children learn how to do both upper and lower case letters too.
If your child traces the letters wrong, they are told to try again, and if they trace the letters correctly, they are congratulated and the Scribble and Write tablet states the letter sound and name.
It takes 3AA batteries and comes with a set of demo batteries to try out the tablet.
This Scribble and Write tablet may be a little more difficult for left handed children to use than right handed children, but several parents do say that it works for both.
Several parents shared that while previously their three year old never showed any interest in wanting to learn their letters or numbers, the Scribble and Write tablet held their interest long enough for them to become engaged and learn in a fun way.
Why We Recommend The LeapFrog Scribble And Write
- Children find it fun to trace the lights to make the letters and numbers
- Teaches your child how to write each letter of the alphabet and the sound each letter makes
- Volume is easy to hear
- Durable and able to take the rough play of a toddler
- Great to use in a car when traveling because the stylus is attached
- Battery Life is reasonably good
- Encourages your child to learn through holding their interest and keeping them engaged
- Helps to expand your child’s knowledge in a fun way
- Gives your child great verbal encouragement when they get the letters and numbers right
LeapFrog Number Lovin’ Oven
If your 3 year old child wants to cook up their fun while learning, then this LeapFrog Number Lovin’ Oven can help them accomplish that goal!
This oven comes with 16 pieces, a smiling face singing oven with burners on top, 4 pieces of pizza, 3 slices of bread, 2 cupcakes and 1 fried egg.
There is also a skillet that makes sizzling sounds when you put it on the burner, a spatula, a baking tray and 2 plates.
The oven has has over 30 phrases and songs, and a number slider with time and temperature.
Your toddler can fill up the baking tray and make a pretend pizza or loaf of bread, and then divide it in pieces and share with a friend.
This LeapFrog Number Lovin Oven helps your toddler learn to count, add and subtract, and even introduces the concept of fractions to them.
It does take 3 AAA batteries, which are included.
The LeapFrog Oven is a fun and educational toy for three year old toddlers, teaching them to count, simple adding and subtracting, and introducing the concept of fractions.
Why We Recommend The LeapFrog Number Lovin’ Oven
- Fun for children, allowing them to pretend to cook while they learn all about counting
- Comes with lots of fun accessories for your child to play with
- Has over 30 songs and phrases for your child to learn and enjoy
- Educational, teaching your child how to count, and even about fractions
- Holds up to years of play
- Compact so it won’t take up much space in your home
- Easy to clean, just wipe off the oven to clean it
- Encourages sharing since the pizza and bread can be divided into pieces for your child to share with a friend
- Parents like that this oven comes with volume control
LeapFrog LeapStart Moonlight Hero Math with PJ Masks Book
The LeapFrog Leap Start Moonlight Hero Math with PJ Mask Book is an interactive book that features PJ Mask super hero characters and helps teach your 3 year old early math skills.
There are a number of other LeapStart books in this series that teach other math skills, alphabet, reading and more.
Most of the activities in this book have two different levels so your child will continue to be challenged as their skills grow.
This Math book comes with 25 interactive stickers and an easy to hold and use stylus for certain activities.
You do need a computer to connect the book to LeapFrog, which makes it less convenient than other LeapFrog toys if you don’t have a computer you can use.
The book needs 2 AA batteries to work correctly and is recommended for children ages 3 and upwards.
This math book makes learning fun and helps your toddler to accomplish basic early learning skills.
Several parents shared that their three year olds love this LeapFrog educational toy and it keeps them engaged while learning.
Why We Recommend The LeapFrog LeapStart Moonlight Hero Math with PJ Mask Book
- Makes learning math fun for most children as they love the superhero characters
- Interactive which makes it easier for children to learn
- Age appropriate, allowing your child solve problems that match their skills
- Since most problems have two skill levels, this math book will grow with your child
- Will help your child reach early educational goals in math
- Great LeapFrog toy for keeping your toddler engaged for long periods
- Aids in your toddler’s development as they expand their knowledge and skillsets
LeapFrog Scoop & Learn Ice Cream Cart
The LeapFrog Scoop and Learn Ice Cream Cart is a fun and educational toy for young children age 3 and up.
Your child can have a blast serving four different colors and flavors of pretend ice cream and adding 3 different toppings.
While your child plays at serving up ice cream, they can learn about counting, colors, and enjoy some fun songs and music and 200 phrases.
The scoop that comes with this ice cream cart is magnetic and easy for your child to use. It does take 2AA batteries.
The wonderful thing about this LeapFrog toy ice cream cart is that it will grow with your toddler and they will gradually be able to use the six double sided activity cards that come with the cart for learning.
One of the things that makes this Scoop and Learn Ice Cream Cart fun is that it is great both for learning and for imaginative play.
A number of parents shared that this is a super cute ice cream cart and their three year old really enjoys playing with it while learning new skills.
Why We Recommend The LeapFrog Scoop and Learn Ice Cream Cart
- Provides your child with hours of fun as they scoop ice cream and serve family and friends!
- Educational toy that teaches your toddler counting, some colors, flavors, songs and more
- Encourages your child to use their imagination when playing
- Cards for this ice cream cart help your toddler practice following directions
- Durable and should hold up to the rough and tumble play of toddlers
- Kids love the magnetic scoop and how it works
- Helps to improve your child’s memory and sequencing skills