Check Table of Contents
Are you looking for the best indoor slides for toddlers? Or outdoor slides?
Here is our selection – these slides are among the most popular ones around! Which one would you order?
A Word from a Psychologist
Written By: Psychologist Natasha Tanic
- Active indoor and outdoor play is essential for a child’s gross motor development.
- Slides promote a sense of balance and coordination.
Most kids find slides endlessly fun. However, slides for toddlers are much more than just fun.
How Indoor & Outdoor Slides for Toddlers Promote Development?
Playing with a slide is a significant form of unstructured play that fosters the development of the vestibular system that controls balance and eye movements.
Therefore, sliding can help kids develop their sense of balance, touch, and spatial orientation.
Playing with slides promotes social skills, language development, and confidence, as children typically engage in active play with other kids their age.
Besides, indoor and outdoor slides require a child to climb and slide by themselves, promoting their strength, speed, and confidence as a result.
Here Are The Top Slides
Step2 Play and Fold Jr. Kids Slide
If you have a toddler but only a little bit of outdoor space for playground equipment, or want something that will travel so your child will be entertained when camping or at grandmother’s house, then this Step2 Play and Fold Jr. Kids Slide may be just what you are looking for.
Made in the USA, this durable plastic slide folds up easily for storage and travel.
It features large steps and handrails so your toddler can feel safe and secure when climbing the ladder.
It also has a wide slide so your child won’t feel as though they are going to fall over the side when sliding down.
Recommended for children ages 1½ to 4 years old, this slide can be used indoors or outdoors.
Some parents set this slide up so their toddler can use it to slide into a kiddie pool or a ball pit and like that it can be used indoors or out.
The slide holds a maximum weight of 43 pounds.
This slide is also extremely easy to move when cleaning house or mowing your yard.
This Step 2 Play and Fold Jr. Kids slide is great for families with limited space or who want to take this slide along when traveling.
Why We Recommend The Step2 Play and Fold Jr. Kids Slide
- Small toddlers will find this slide great fun and enjoy playing on it
- Great size for smaller toddlers, allowing them to climb the ladder and slide down by themselves
- Perfect for inside and outside use, allowing your toddler to burn off some energy even during bad weather
- Slide is sturdy and should last long after your toddler outgrows it
- Folds up easily, making it easy to store or transport
- Parents like that this slide is extremely easy to assemble
- Handrail is a nice feature for young toddlers as it gives them confidence when climbing
- Great toy for toddlers who love climbing and sliding as they get the best of both worlds!
Step2 Clubhouse Climber
If you are looking for a great piece of playground equipment that will keep your toddler and young school age child happily occupied, then this Step 2 Clubhouse Climber may be just what you are looking for.
This climber consists of a small clubhouse connected to a tower by a fun and sturdy bridge.
Both the clubhouse and the tower have round windows, and there is skylight on in the roof of the clubhouse.
The Clubhouse also has a steering wheel so your toddler can engage in imaginative play.
There are two slides attached to this climber, as well as climbing steps.
There is a crawl through tunnel under the tower and a hiding space under the clubhouse.
This Step2 Clubhouse will bear a maximum weight of 240 pounds, allowing several children to play on it at the same time.
It is recommended for children ages 2 through 6.
Assembly for this climber is a bit time consuming, but most people shared that the time is well spent when they see how well their children love playing with it.
This Clubhouse Climber is a great background for your child to engage in pretend play and create their very own adventures and stories.
This Step 2 Clubhouse Climber is a great addition to your backyard play area allowing your child to engage in a number of fun activities, which will help them burn off all excess energy.
Why We Recommend The Step2 Clubhouse Climber
- Toddlers have great fun climbing the steps of the clubhouse and sliding down the slide!
- Has enough activities to keep your child happily playing for long periods of time
- Really encourages your child to use their imagination when playing
- Clubhouse, bridge and tower is close enough to the ground not to pose a safety risk for toddlers
- Crawling and climbing helps your child develop their gross motor skills and leg muscles
- Sturdy and sure to hold up to years of fun play for your child
- Encourges your toddler to play outdoors if set up in garden or backyard
- Your toddler can play on it with their friends and siblings, teaching them about shared play
- Has grip rail handles to encourage your toddler to climb the steps
- Your toddler can hide underneath which will fascinate them!
- Parents just love the quality and shared that it’s excellent
Step2 All-Star Sports Climber
It can sometimes be difficult to keep a toddler or preschooler entertained during bad weather or those long summer days.
However, the Step2 All-Star Sports Climber can offer your child enough different activities to keep even the most active toddler busy and happy for long periods of time.
This cool climber includes a climber/ladder, a slide, a basketball hoop, football toss hole, and soccer kick hole.
There is also a score keeper in case two children want to shoot hoops or kick soccer goals while playing together.
This climber toy also comes with an inflatable basketball, a football, and a soccer ball and is made of durable and colorful material.
The ladder on this sports climber is a bit like a rock wall rather than the type of ladder traditionally found with slides, making it more challenging for toddlers and more fun as well.
The entire sports climber measures 30” X 63” X 43”.
The great thing about this All-Sports Climber is that, while there are a lot of different activities built into this toy, already your child will think up even more fun things to do while using it, such as climbing up the slide or crawling through the soccer goal and hiding under the climber.
It is amazing what your child can do with this piece of playground equipment.
This Step 2 All-Star Sports Climber is a great piece of playground equipment for any toddler who enjoys exploring and being active.
Why We Recommend The Step 2 All-Star Sports Climber Toy
- Offers a lot of super fun activities for your toddler which they will love!
- Extremely versatile, allowing your toddler to learn various activities and sports
- Sturdy and sure to last for years of active play
- Most parents find this climber quite easy to assemble
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Climbing, kicking and shooting baskets will help your toddler improve their gross motor skills
- Helps your child expand their imagination through play as they come up with all sorts of new games!
- As several toddlers can play with the climber, it helps your child learn about shared and cooperative play
- Encourages your child to be adventurous and engage in pretend play
Frequently Asked Questions
We will be adding frequently asked questions shortly.