Why not make learning fun by giving your child some of the best educational toys for 4 year olds, designed to aid in their development and prepare them for the classroom?
With all the awesome educational toys available now, learning doesn’t have to be a chore or boring. These toys will help kids have so much fun that they won’t even realize they’re learning while they’re playing!
Four year olds find it easier to learn and stay attentive when learning is combined with interactive toys that can teach them all kinds of cool stuff, while still giving them the fun factor that they love.
But with so many educational toys to choose from, we know it can be hard for you to pick the right one for your child. That’s why our amazing team has worked around the clock to hand-pick the top educational toys for 4 year olds. We’ve done the leg-work to make it easier for you.
So check out the toys on our awesome list and see which ones your four year old would love playing – and learning – with!
- 10 Top Educational Toys For 4 Year Olds
- Electronic Interactive Alphabet Wall Chart
- Monkey Balance Math Game
- Wooden Pattern Blocks Animals Jigsaw Puzzle
- Marble Run Set (105 Pcs)
- Learning Resources 3D Puzzle Globe
- Kids First Robot Engineer Kit and Storybook
- Matching Letter Game
- ThinkFun Zingo Sight Words Early Reading Game
- Osmo Little Genius Starter Kit for iPad
- Limmys Magnetic Building Blocks
10 Top Educational Toys For 4 Year Olds
Electronic Interactive Alphabet Wall Chart
If you’re looking for an educational toy that makes learning fun for your 4 year old, check out this awesome Electronic Interactive Alphabet Wall Chart!
Along with all the letters of the alphabet and pictures to help with word associations for each letter, this educational toy wall chart also has the numbers one to ten on it. So it’s a really fun way for your four year old to learn the alphabet and early counting skills.
And if that isn’t enough, it also comes with some built in songs that your child can learn and then sing along with! Some of the songs included are Wheels On The Bus, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, If You’re Happy And You Know It, and six more favorites that kids love.
Made by Just Smarty, the top of the educational wall chart has easy to press buttons that enable your child to get the most from the toy. These buttons include Find Letters, Find Numbers, Music, ABC, Repeat, On/Off, and volume control (which parents love).
This delightful wall chart is a great way to help improve your child’s fine motor skills, memory, recall, and verbal skills. Batteries are included and it has an automatic shut off that helps preserve battery life.
This wonderful interactive poster with talking letters and numbers will make a great addition to your child’s playroom or bedroom. Kids love dancing, singing and learning with this toy!
Why We Recommend This Electronic Interactive Alphabet Wall Chart
- Kids love bopping, singing and learning with this fun interactive educational toy!
- Teaches your child about word association, as they learn to link the pictures to the letters of the alphabet
- Helps your child learn how to pronounce each letter correctly as they can listen to it over and over
- Great for teaching your child the numbers from one to ten and hearing what they sound like
- Buttons are easy for kids to press by themselves
- Allows your child to learn while having fun, either on their own or with siblings or friends
- Has a button your child can press to find a specific letter or number on the chart
- Comes loaded with nine songs that kids love to learn and then sing along with
- Can help improve your child’s fine motor skills, memory, verbal skills, and recall
- Parents love that the sound is clear and the pictures are large and colorful
- Eye-catching educational toy for your 4 year old and will hold their interest for long periods of time
- Great value for money as it can be used in so many different ways
- Parents really like the volume control button
- Automatic shut off to help preserve battery life
- Takes up very little wall space
- It’s easy to hang and comes with batteries
Monkey Balance Math Game
Learning math can be hard for four year olds, but this Monkey Balance Math Game can make it much easier and lots more fun for your toddler!
The game comes with nineteen monkeys, weighted numbers (one through ten), thirty double-sided math problem cards, a monkey scale, a base, two blue scale pans, and an easy to follow instruction booklet.
So how do kids play this awesome educational game?
Well, after the monkey scale is set up, players take turns drawing a card. Each card has a different math problem on it and to solve the problem, your child has to put the correct number of monkeys on one of the scale and the corresponding number on the other side of the scale.
If they get it right, the monkey scales will be balanced. If not, they simply try again.
This is playful educational toy that will stimulate your child into actually wanting to do more math because of the huge fun factor involved! It’s a wonderful way for your child to learn counting, simple addition, and a bit about weight in a really enjoyable way.
Made by CoolToys, this math game is so much fun that your child won’t even realize they’re learning while they’re playing it!
Because this educational monkey balance math toy is colorful, so easy to use, and is loads of fun, don’t be surprised if your four year old will want to play with it over and over!
Why We Recommend The Monkey Balance Math Game
- It’s a really enjoyable math game that kids love playing for hours!
- Encourages your child to learn simple addition in a fun way
- Great way to help your child improve their counting skills
- Kids love that the monkey scales balance when they solve the math problems correctly
- Your four year old can play this math game solo, but it’s even more fun if they play with siblings or friends
- The math problem cards are high quality, very clear, and colorful
- Gives your child an opportunity to engage in cooperative and shared play
- It’s easy to assemble, follow, and learn how to play this CoolToys math game
- Ideal for introducing your child to the basics of weight
- Eye-catching colors and cute monkey will hold your child’s attention
- Fun game for the whole family to play on game night!
Wooden Pattern Blocks Animals Jigsaw Puzzle
Fire up your 4 year old’s imagination and desire to learn with this fun Wooden Pattern Blocks Animals Jigsaw Puzzle by LiKee!
Your child gets thirty-six colorful wooden pieces and sixty pattern cards including animals, vehicles, and bugs, all stacked neatly in two colorful tins.
The pattern cards are double-sided. On one side is the pattern your child will try to make and the other side shows them the wooden pieces they will need to make that pattern.
Underneath each pattern is the name of the image, so your four year old will learn all kinds of new things through repetitive play. Plus this a great way for your child to improve their fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and memory, and to learn about colors, shapes, and sorting.
Many parents say that one of the really neat things about this particular toy is that you can use the pattern cards separately as flashcards to help your child learn. So there’s no limit to the number of way your child can use this toy!
Whether they’re playing alone or with family or friends, your child will have tons of fun and learn lots of new things at the same time!
Why We Recommend The Wooden Pattern Blocks Animals Jigsaw Puzzle
- The fun factor is off the charts for kids and it allows them to learn so much through play!
- Wooden blocks and pattern cards have eye-catching colors which kids love
- Each pattern card has the name of the image on it, teaching your child even more things
- Wonderful educational toy for helping your four year old improve their memory skills
- Allows your child to get involved in simple craft exercise through learning and fun
- Can be used to teach your child spelling, so this toy will grow with your child
- Can help you child learn about colors, sorting, and shapes
- Wonderful way to improve your child’s creativity, hand-eye coordination, and fine motor skills
- Can help teach your child about following instructions
- Comes in two convenient tins for easy clean up and storage
Marble Run Set (105 Pcs)
This awesome Marble Run Set by BeebeeRun is a fun toy that help your child develop skills they will use throughout their entire life!
With a total of one hundred and five pieces, this is a whopper of a set that gives your child lots of way to play and learn.
Seventy-five pieces are used to build the actual marble runs, and thirty marbles are included which can be used in many different ways. Plus there’s an instruction booklet to give your child ideas and help them get started.
The number of ways your four year old can create different marble runs is limited only by their imagination! If they can dream the design up, they’ll have great fun trying to create it. And once the design is complete, your child can drop the marbles anywhere along the run and watch them zoom around.
It’s a fantastic educational toy for your four year old to play with on their own, but it’s even more fun if they play with siblings or friends. Everyone learns together and has a great time.
This is a wonderful toy to teach your child about creativity, allowing them build all kinds of shapes and designs. It’s also an awesome way to develop their spatial awareness, logical thinking and problem solving skills.
On top of all that, it can also help kids learn about colors, shapes, cause and effect, and building.
The marbles are plastic, and parents shared that their kids love this STEM toy and play with it for hours at a time!
Why We Recommend This 105 Pc Marble Run Set
- Creative educational toy that keeps kids entertained for hours on end!
- Comes with one hundred and five pieces, allowing your child to explore their creativity
- Allows your child to create all kinds of shapes and designs
- Encourages kids to explore various designs and test them out using the marbles
- Can help your child improve their spatial awareness and hand-eye coordination
- Great for helping your child to think logically while creating fun designs
- Non-toxic and very durable
- Can help build your child’s confidence and self-esteem as they successfully create their own marble runs
- Your four year old can play with it on their own or with family and friends for even more fun!
- Kids love how colorful the pieces are
- Easy to assemble and enough pieces for several designs
Learning Resources 3D Puzzle Globe
Once 4 year olds start hearing about other parts of the world, they want to learn more, and this Learning Resources 3D Puzzle Globe is the perfect place to start!
Your child gets a colorful spinning globe with six puzzle pieces representing North and South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia. Antarctica is also represented on this eye-catching globe but it’s not a removable piece.
They’ll also get six labels for the continents and extra labels to use during playtime for added fun! Plus the major oceans are also marked on the globe, so your child can learn about their location too.
This is the perfect educational toy to start teaching your four year old about the continents. But what kids really love about this puzzle globe is that they get to hold each continent in their hands and work out where to place it!
Each piece is chunky, which makes them really easy for toddler hands to hold and manipulate into place. And this 3D puzzle globe is a wonderful way to help improve your child’s fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
This is a fantastic globe for your child to make a start learning geography in a super fun cool way, and there are many ways to inject the play and fun factors. For example, you can play a game with your child where they memorize all the continents and then quiz them to see how many they remember.
Or you can have them learn the oceans and which continents are located near those oceans. You can even set a timer to see how fast your child can put the puzzle pieces into their correct locations.
As a bonus, your toddler can learn the spelling of each continent and ocean and they can also trace the continents onto paper and then color them in.
There are so many different ways for your child to learn through play with this awesome, practical Learning Resources puzzle globe!
Why We Recommend The Learning Resources 3D Puzzle Globe
- It’s a super fun way to help your child start learning about geography!
- Four year olds love the 3D pieces and find them easy to hold and put in place
- Fantastic educational toy for teaching toddlers about the continents and oceans
- Great way to get your child interested in wanting to learn more about other places in the world
- Each puzzle piece has a picture of a place and/or animal associated with that continent to further expand your child’s learning
- Can be used to help your child learn the spelling of each continent and ocean
- You can create lots of different games of your own to make play more exciting
- Can help develop your child’s fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and memory
- Great way to engage your child in imaginative play as they pretend to travel from continent to contintent!
- Can help improve your child’s spatial awareness
Kids First Robot Engineer Kit and Storybook
If your 4 year old loves robots, then this Kids First Robot Engineer Kit and Storybook may be the perfect educational toy for them!
The fantastic thing about this kit is that it’s a read-along and build-along adventure which will totally captivate your child’s interest.
Included in the kit are fifty-three pieces which can be used to make ten different robots, and a wonderfully illustrated thirty-two page storybook. The storybook tells the charming story of Ty and Karlie who build various robots while also completing tasks and as they travel around their town.
All the robots created will have moving parts, gears, wheels, and more. And kids love that they can play with the robots after they’ve built them!
Each part is well made and easy for small hands to hold and work with. Plus the entire kit comes in a convenient storage box which ensures none of the small parts go missing and makes for easy clean up.
Your child can play with this engineer kit and storybook on their own or for even more fun, they can play with family or friends.
This wonderful robot educational toy is ideal for teaching your four year old about simple machines, how gears work, following instructions, and lots more!
Why We Recommend The Kids First Robot Engineer Kit and Storybook
- Kids love listening to the story and building the robots they hear about!
- Your child will get fifty-three pieces which they can use to create ten different robots
- The kit comes with a delightful storybook
- Kids think the story is funny and interesting, and they love following the adventures of Ty and Karlie, the main characters of the story
- The storybook acts as easy to follow instructions on how to build each robot
- Great educational toy for teaching your child about how gears work, creating simple machines, following instructions, completing tasks, and so much more!
- Can teach your child science and math skills
- Wonderful way to help improve your child’s hand-eye coordination, motor skills, and spatial awareness
- Can help your child develop their reasoning and problem solving skills
- Encourages your child to engage in imaginative and creative play in a really fun way!
- Pieces for robots are colorful and the perfect size for toddler hands
- Your child will play with this robot engineer kit for hours on end!
- Perfect for solo play or cooperative play which can teach your child about sharing and working together to complete tasks
- Wonderful educational toy for your budding engineer!
Matching Letter Game
For a fun learning experience, consider getting your 4 year old this brilliant Matching Letter Game by Sinrida!
Your child will get a blue tray to hold the letter cubes and picture cards, eight letter cubes, thirty picture cards and sixty three and four letter words cards.
To play the game, you place a picture card in the tray in a way that your child can see the name of the object on the card underneath the picture. Your child then uses the letter cubes to spell out the name of the object and places the letter cubes in the right order into the other section of the tray.
This is a wonderful board game for teaching your child letters, words, how to sound out letters and words, spelling, and so much more!
One of the great features about this educational toy is that as your four year old becomes more familiar with the names of the objects, you can actually place the picture cards in the tray in a way that your child cannot see the name of the object. And that’s how they’ll learn the connection between the objects pictured on the cards and what the names of those objects are.
Several parents shared with us that this game makes letter recognition and spelling fun for their kids and they like that there’s an advanced element to it so it grows with their child.
Designed for up to two players, your child can play this educational board game alone or with family or friends for even more fun.
Why We Recommend This Matching Letter Game
- Kids think this is a super fun letter matching game and love playing it again and again!
- Can help your child learn object, letter and word recognition in a fun and playful way
- Pictures of objects on cards are eye-catching and colorful
- Your child can play on their own or with family and friends for even more fun
- Kids can use the letter cubes to form words that are not on the cards
- Great educational toy for helping your child learn to spell and read
- Wonderful way to help your child to develop and improve their memory skills
- Can help your child improve their hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills
- All parts of the game are a good size for toddlers and easy for them to hold
- Playing with another child or family member helps increase your child’s social and communication skills
- Great value for money as the advanced version of the game means it can grow with your child
ThinkFun Zingo Sight Words Early Reading Game
If you’re looking for an easy to play educational toy for your 4 year old, then check out this ThinkFun Zingo Sight Words Early Reading Game!
Sight words are the words used most often everyday in the English language and sometimes children can find it hard to learn to spell these words. But sight words are important because they are part of the building blocks a child needs in order to become fluent at reading.
This awesome game is styled after Bingo and it comes with a Zinger, seventy-two Zingo Sight Words tiles, six double-sided Zingo cards, instructions, and a learning guide.
To start the game, every player gets a Zingo card. The green side is easier and the red side is harder, so your child can start out with the easier side and progress to the red side as they improve.
The tiles with the sight words are placed inside the Zinger in two neat stacks. Your child then slides the Zinger forward and back, so that two tiles are showing on the tray.
Whoever has one of the words on the tray yells out the word. The first one to yell out the word gets the tile and places it on their Zingo card, covering that word on their card. It none of the players have the word on their Zingo cards for one or both tiles, then those tiles get put back into the slots at the top of the Zinger.
The first player to cover all the words on their Zingo card wins the game.
For a quicker version, you can play until someone covers only a few words, instead of all the words on their card. For more of a challenge, you can slide the Zinger faster and pick up the pace of the game.
Up to six people can play this award-winning game. Both kids and adults have fun playing Zingo Sight Words so it makes a great addition to family game night!
Why We Recommend The ThinkFun Zingo Sight Words Early Reading Games
- Kids love the challenge of matching words from the Zinger to words on their cards!
- Huge fun factor with this Zingo game and it will hold your child’s interest for hours
- Can teach your child how to recognize important words we use everyday
- Wonderful way to help improve your child’s reading fluency
- Great way to teach kids word pronunciation and spelling
- Sight words used in this award-winning game have been selected by leading educators
- This game is filled with excitement and anticipation which kids really enjoy!
- Helps your child engage more in cooperative play which enhances their social skills
- Specially designed to help your child develop and improve their critical thinking skills
- Allows kids to practice their matching skills, as they match the word on a tile with the word on their Zingo card
- Kids love sliding the Zinger and watching the tiles come out
- Durable and very well made so should last a long time
- Suitable for up to six players so your child can play with others for even more fun and excitement
- Great game for family game night!
Osmo Little Genius Starter Kit for iPad
If your 4 year old loves gadgets such as smart phones and tablets, they’ll be thrilled to receive the Osmo Little Genius Starter Kit for iPad!
Designed for hand-on learning, this kit is so much fun that kids won’t even realize they’re learning while they’re playing with it.
The kit comes with the Osmo base for your iPad (IPad not included), nineteen cardboard costume pieces, thirty-eight silicone rings and sticks, a silicone play mat, and stackable storage containers for all the pieces.
Also included are 4 game apps; ABC’s, Stories, Squiggle Magic, and Costume Party. They’re all narrated by Mo the lovable monster and designed to make learning fun and engaging for your child.
To use this kit, you simply place your iPad into the Osmo base and lay the silicone play mat in front of the iPad. Then you select whichever app your child wants to do. Once you’ve done that, Mo pops up on the screen and guides your child through the activity, giving them instructions as they go along.
Kids use the cardboard costume pieces and silicone rings and sticks to create what they see on the iPad on their play mat. Mo then takes their creation and magically makes it appear on the iPad screen.
Depending on the app selected, your child could be forming the letter they see on the screen, drawing a picture, dressing a character and feeding them, or navigating storytelling adventures!
There are so many different and fun ways your toddler can learn using the apps! And because they use the same pieces in different ways for each app, they’ll be learning in a different way each time they play.
Your 4 year old toddler will be having so much fun playing this Osmo Start Kit educational game that they won’t even realize how much they’re learning. And they’ll be improving their fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination too.
While kids can play with this kit on their own, it’s even more fun for them if they play it with a friend or sibling.
The Osmo Little Genius Starter Kit is a wonderful educational toy for teaching your four year old pre-reading, creative thinking, vocabulary skills, problem solving skills, and lots more.
Why We Recommend The Osmo Little Genius Starter Kit for iPad
- Kids love watching what they create on the play mat come to life on the iPad screen!
- Comes with 4 entertaining apps filled with fun and learning
- Kids love Mo the Monster, the lovable narrator who guides them through all the activities
- Allows your child to learn through play, so they won’t even realize they’re learning
- Helps teach kids letter recognition, phonics, and vocabulary
- Great way for your child to develop their pre-reading and pre-drawing skills
- Allows your child to be creative, imaginative and express themselves while learning
- Helps improve your child’s fine motor skills, and creative thinking
- Great educational toy for helping kids develop their critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Wonderful way to enhance your child’s social and communication skills
- Provides your child with fun challenges while keeping them engaged and interested
- Kids love combining technology with play using this Osmo game
- Parents and teachers absolutely love this kit and highly recommend it!
Limmys Magnetic Building Blocks
If your 4 year old loves building things and you’re looking for an educational toy to peak their interest, then check out this wonderful set of Limmys Magnetic Building Blocks!
Whether you have a budding engineer, construction worker, or academic in your midst, these magnetic building blocks will provide your child with hours of fun entertainment.
There are seventy-four colorful and eye-catching pieces in this set. It also comes with an idea booklet to help your child get started.
Each piece is designed to be kid-friendly with no sharp edges, and they’re all made from non-toxic ABS material to keep your child safe.
Parents love that this educational toy allows their child to use their imaginations to create all kinds of awesome things. They also love that it holds their child’s interest for long periods of time, while all the while improving their sensory and fine motor skills.
This magnetic building block set comes with enough pieces to allow it to grow with your child, which gives this toy added value. Plus the pieces in this set can also be used with other magnetic blocks of the same size for even more learning fun!
Once your four year old gets started, you’ll find there are no limits to the number of things they can create with this magnificent STEM toy as their creative juices flow!
Why We Recommend The Limmys Magnetic Building Blocks
- Kids love the colorful magnetic building blocks in this set!
- Comes with seventy-four pieces and an idea booklet to get your child started
- Wonderful way to foster your child’s creativity and imagination
- Endless building possibilities for your child with this interactive STEM toy
- Can help improve your child’s sensory and fine motor skills
- Great educational toy for brain development and stimulating mathematical thinking
- Made from high quality non-toxic ABS plastic, giving you peace of mind
- Through playing with others, your child learns about teamwork, sharing, and cooperative play
- Playing with others can also help kids improve their social and communication skills
- Can help build your child’s confidence and self-esteem
- Can teach your child that there are no limitations to what they can create