Check Table of Contents
Why not make learning fun by giving your child some of the best educational toys for 4 year olds, designed to aid in their development and prepare them for the classroom?
With all the awesome educational toys available now, learning doesn’t have to be a chore or boring. These toys will help kids have so much fun that they won’t even realize they’re learning while they’re playing!
Four year olds find it easier to learn and stay attentive when learning is combined with interactive toys that can teach them all kinds of cool stuff, while still giving them the fun factor that they love.
But with so many educational toys to choose from, we know it can be hard for you to pick the right one for your child. That’s why our amazing team has worked around the clock to hand-pick the top educational toys for 4 year olds. We’ve done the leg-work to make it easier for you.
So check out the toys on our awesome list and see which ones your four year old would love playing – and learning – with!
As an Amazon Associate, if you visit a link on our site and buy something, we may earn a commission.
Top Educational Toys For 4 Year Olds
Learning Resources 3D Puzzle Globe
Once 4 year olds start hearing about other parts of the world, they want to learn more, and this Learning Resources 3D Puzzle Globe is the perfect place to start!
Your child gets a colorful spinning globe with six puzzle pieces representing North and South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia. Antarctica is also represented on this eye-catching globe but it’s not a removable piece.
They’ll also get six labels for the continents and extra labels to use during playtime for added fun! Plus the major oceans are also marked on the globe, so your child can learn about their location too.
This is the perfect educational toy to start teaching your four year old about the continents. But what kids really love about this puzzle globe is that they get to hold each continent in their hands and work out where to place it!
Each piece is chunky, which makes them really easy for toddler hands to hold and manipulate into place. And this 3D puzzle globe is a wonderful way to help improve your child’s fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
This is a fantastic globe for your child to make a start learning geography in a super fun cool way, and there are many ways to inject the play and fun factors. For example, you can play a game with your child where they memorize all the continents and then quiz them to see how many they remember.
Or you can have them learn the oceans and which continents are located near those oceans. You can even set a timer to see how fast your child can put the puzzle pieces into their correct locations.
As a bonus, your toddler can learn the spelling of each continent and ocean and they can also trace the continents onto paper and then color them in.
There are so many different ways for your child to learn through play with this awesome, practical Learning Resources puzzle globe!
Why We Recommend The Learning Resources 3D Puzzle Globe
- It’s a super fun way to help your child start learning about geography!
- Four year olds love the 3D pieces and find them easy to hold and put in place
- Fantastic educational toy for teaching toddlers about the continents and oceans
- Great way to get your child interested in wanting to learn more about other places in the world
- Each puzzle piece has a picture of a place and/or animal associated with that continent to further expand your child’s learning
- Can be used to help your child learn the spelling of each continent and ocean
- You can create lots of different games of your own to make play more exciting
- Can help develop your child’s fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and memory
- Great way to engage your child in imaginative play as they pretend to travel from continent to contintent!
- Can help improve your child’s spatial awareness
Electronic Interactive Alphabet Wall Chart
If you’re looking for an educational toy that makes learning fun for your 4 year old, check out this awesome Electronic Interactive Alphabet Wall Chart!
Along with all the letters of the alphabet and pictures to help with word associations for each letter, this educational toy wall chart also has the numbers one to ten on it. So it’s a really fun way for your four year old to learn the alphabet and early counting skills.
And if that isn’t enough, it also comes with some built in songs that your child can learn and then sing along with! Some of the songs included are Wheels On The Bus, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, If You’re Happy And You Know It, and six more favorites that kids love.
Made by Just Smarty, the top of the educational wall chart has easy to press buttons that enable your child to get the most from the toy. These buttons include Find Letters, Find Numbers, Music, ABC, Repeat, On/Off, and volume control (which parents love).
This delightful wall chart is a great way to help improve your child’s fine motor skills, memory, recall, and verbal skills. Batteries are included and it has an automatic shut off that helps preserve battery life.
This wonderful interactive poster with talking letters and numbers will make a great addition to your child’s playroom or bedroom. Kids love dancing, singing and learning with this toy!
Why We Recommend This Electronic Interactive Alphabet Wall Chart
- Kids love bopping, singing and learning with this fun interactive educational toy!
- Teaches your child about word association, as they learn to link the pictures to the letters of the alphabet
- Helps your child learn how to pronounce each letter correctly as they can listen to it over and over
- Great for teaching your child the numbers from one to ten and hearing what they sound like
- Buttons are easy for kids to press by themselves
- Allows your child to learn while having fun, either on their own or with siblings or friends
- Has a button your child can press to find a specific letter or number on the chart
- Comes loaded with nine songs that kids love to learn and then sing along with
- Can help improve your child’s fine motor skills, memory, verbal skills, and recall
- Parents love that the sound is clear and the pictures are large and colorful
- Eye-catching educational toy for your 4 year old and will hold their interest for long periods of time
- Great value for money as it can be used in so many different ways
- Parents really like the volume control button
- Automatic shut off to help preserve battery life
- Takes up very little wall space
- It’s easy to hang and comes with batteries
Monkey Balance Math Game
Learning math can be hard for four year olds, but this Monkey Balance Math Game can make it much easier and lots more fun for your toddler!
The game comes with nineteen monkeys, weighted numbers (one through ten), thirty double-sided math problem cards, a monkey scale, a base, two blue scale pans, and an easy to follow instruction booklet.
So how do kids play this awesome educational game?
Well, after the monkey scale is set up, players take turns drawing a card. Each card has a different math problem on it and to solve the problem, your child has to put the correct number of monkeys on one of the scale and the corresponding number on the other side of the scale.
If they get it right, the monkey scales will be balanced. If not, they simply try again.
This is playful educational toy that will stimulate your child into actually wanting to do more math because of the huge fun factor involved! It’s a wonderful way for your child to learn counting, simple addition, and a bit about weight in a really enjoyable way.
Made by CoolToys, this math game is so much fun that your child won’t even realize they’re learning while they’re playing it!
Because this educational monkey balance math toy is colorful, so easy to use, and is loads of fun, don’t be surprised if your four year old will want to play with it over and over!
Why We Recommend The Monkey Balance Math Game
- It’s a really enjoyable math game that kids love playing for hours!
- Encourages your child to learn simple addition in a fun way
- Great way to help your child improve their counting skills
- Kids love that the monkey scales balance when they solve the math problems correctly
- Your four year old can play this math game solo, but it’s even more fun if they play with siblings or friends
- The math problem cards are high quality, very clear, and colorful
- Gives your child an opportunity to engage in cooperative and shared play
- It’s easy to assemble, follow, and learn how to play this CoolToys math game
- Ideal for introducing your child to the basics of weight
- Eye-catching colors and cute monkey will hold your child’s attention
- Fun game for the whole family to play on game night!
Frequently Asked Questions
We will be adding frequently asked questions shortly.