Lots of boys really enjoy playing with dollhouses, especially when they’re younger or if they have a sister that plays with them. So choosing one of the best dollhouses for boys may just be the perfect gift idea for your little boy!
I remember spending hours playing dollhouse with my niece and nephew when they were younger. Technically the dollhouse was my niece’s, but my nephew loved playing with it too. It was fascinating to see how they each set up and played with the house, and it was always very entertaining to see what other dolls, characters and even stuffed animals they chose to bring into the mix!
Because we think dollhouses are such an important part of your son’s development, we’ve done countless hours of research. And we’re proud to present you with our list of some really cool dollhouses for your little boy. We’re confident that you’ll find at least one house on this list that your son will have tons of fun playing with!
- 8 Of The Best Boys Dollhouses For Imaginary Play
- KidKraft Everyday Heroes Play Set
- Hape Discovery Space Center Playscape Set With Accessories (Amazon Exclusive)
- Melissa & Doug Children’s Fold & Go Castle
- Kidkraft Fire Station Set
- Melissa & Doug Deluxe Folding Medieval Wooden Castle
- Hape All Seasons Kid’s Wooden Dollhouse Furnished with Accessories
- Hape Geometrics Kid’s Wooden Dollhouse
- Ryan’s Room Wooden Dollhouse – Home Is Where the Heart Is
- Tips For Buying A Dollhouse For Boys
8 Of The Best Boys Dollhouses For Imaginary Play
KidKraft Everyday Heroes Play Set
Offering hours of fun, the KidKraft Everyday Heroes Play Set lets your son be the hero he wants to be!
A great way to enhance your boy’s creativity, this play set includes many everyday heroes that you can teach your child to look up to.
In addition to 12 rooms on 3 floors, it also features 28 accessories in total, including 2 hero figures, 2 dogs, and 3 hero vehicles.
Offering tons of room to play and lots of ways for imaginative play, this KidKraft Play Set is ideal for playing alone or with friends or siblings.
It folds up for quick and convenient storage when play time is over and it’s easy for your son to take with him on a play date.
Read our detailed KidKraft Everyday Hereos Play Set review to see if this might be the perfect birthday or Christmas gift for your little boy.
Hape Discovery Space Center Playscape Set With Accessories (Amazon Exclusive)
If your boy dreams of flying to outer space he’ll be thrilled with the Hape Discovery Space Center!
Featuring 37 pieces of creatively charged characters, robots, and space equipment, this playset will encourage him to use his imagination. And he’ll delight in telling friends and family all about the exciting adventures he’s been on!
This awesome spaceship has 4 open-sided levels that are jam packed with pretend space technology and lots of things to play with.
There’s a mission control area, an on-board laboratory, a living compartment and more.
One of the highlights for many boys is that the top level is a launch pad with a rocket that completely detaches for even more thrilling space exploration.
Every part and accessory of this space set is highly detailed, and the spaceship is designed like a real space shuttle. The rooms and levels are all connected to a working elevator – how cool is that?
There’s really no end to the pretend play your son can experience as he goes out on missions and has his space team operate in different parts of the ship.
You can also play with him and discover new galaxies together as your child takes command and practices being a real-life space explorer!
Although it’s not technically a ‘dollhouse’, it mimics one because it encourages imaginative play and helps your child develop his fine motor skills, just like a dollhouse would.
Recommended for kids 3+ because of all the small parts, it’s built with eco-friendly material. Sturdy and impressive in size, it’s also constructed to the high quality standards that Hape is known for.
This kid’s wooden space center set is a great way to feed your son’s fascination of the great unknown.
Whether it’s aliens, new planets or distant stars he wants to discover, this space center will definitely blast him off to those new frontiers.
Why We Recommend The Hape Discovery Space Center Playscape Set
- Kids think it’s tons of fun and can play with it for hours on end!
- Expands your child’s creativity
- Encourages imaginative thinking and helps build your little boy’s storytelling abilities
- Develops your child’s tactile and fine motor skills
- All parts including the paint are safe and non-toxic
- Helps stimulate your son at every developmental stage and nurtures his natural abilities
- This wooden spaceship is made from wood that was sourced from forests that are environmentally sustainable so you’re also helping the environment
- Solid, sturdy construction that will last for years
- Easy to assemble
Melissa & Doug Children’s Fold & Go Castle
Travel back to medieval times with your little boy with the Melissa & Doug Children’s Fold & Go Castle!
This compact folding castle provides your son on-the-go access to hours of fun and adventure.
It has a built-in carry handle so you or your child can easily transport it or take it from one room to another.
Take it on your travels and he will never again miss an opportunity for creative play.
Let him go into knightly adventures as he mans the battlements in this decorative wooden castle. Every piece is as realistic as can be to stimulate your son’s imagination.
The set includes the king and queen along with their respective thrones and royal bed, two knights with matching horses to defend the castle and the kingdom’s treasure chest.
Let your boy rule his kingdom as he protects the realm. He will spend hours crafting fun new adventures. This compact toy brings huge amounts of fun!
The castle is designed with a working drawbridge so your son can pretend to let his fleet in and out of the territory and a dungeon.
It has two stories and comes fully assembled so you and your child can simply unfold the castle and start playing.
There are many other ways that this Fold and Go Castle can help in your child’s learning and development.
Aside from making up stories, he can count the rooms and add them up, teaching him numbers, or the windows and staircases. You can let him name all the colors on the play figures.
It’s great for imaginative play and portable adventures!
Why We Recommend The Melissa And Doug Children’s Fold & Go Castle
- A great way to fuel your son’s imagination
- Encourages your boy to explore and stimulates his natural curiosity
- Helps in the development of your child’s fine motor skills
- Builds your son’s storytelling skills
- Holds your child’s attention for hours on end
- Provides a healthy way for your boy to express himself through storytelling
- Sturdy construction and nontoxic materials
Kidkraft Fire Station Set
Your little boy will love playing pretend with this KidKraft Fires Station Set and spend hours on new adventures!
This set is designed for boys but is also something that little girls who love fire trucks would enjoy playing with.
The dollhouse playset has great detail in its construction and accessories. All of the pieces included in the set add to your son’s imagination as he plays for hours with it.
Imaginative play has never been more fun. This will help your child’s development in many aspects as he pretends to go out and rescue people or hang around the fire station doing business as usual.
Speech and vocabulary, as well as gross motor skills, are just some of the areas that your son will benefit from playing with this playset.
And it’s a really great way for you and him to bond and spend special time together.
The Kidkraft Fire Station Set features a sturdy construction with materials that are safe for your boy.
It’s durable and will last for years. It’s easy to assemble and is a great investment for a toy that will grow with your child.
Read our detailed KidKraft Fire Station review to see if this particular playset is the perfect toy for your boy.
Melissa & Doug Deluxe Folding Medieval Wooden Castle
Your son’s next adventure awaits inside the Melissa & Doug Deluxe Folding Medieval Wooden Castle!
This wooden play castle features an elegant hinged design so that your little explorer can open it up and start creating imaginative stories inside its courtyard.
It’s fully assembled and no setup is required so your little boy can dive right in to hours of fun!
It has great details with hand-painted accents that will make the play more realistic. your son will feel like a real knight or royalty in medieval times going around its hallways.
The castle is designed with plenty of rooms where he can allow his imaginary characters to roam and interact with each other.
He can pretend to run around the balconies, go up to the high towers, and blast in and out of the many arch walkways.
Your little boy will especially love the trap door that he can open and close, the removable turret, and the working drawbridge where he can pretend to march his valiant troops.
Its sturdy wood construction makes this a worthy investment for your growing little tyke. It’s durable and is built to last.
And when playtime is over, this magnificent castle closes up for compact storage!
Why We Recommend The Melissa And Doug Deluxe Folding Medieval Wooden Castle
- Boys love creating new stories with this folding medieval castle!
- Promotes imaginative play for your son
- Provides hours of uninterrupted fun for your child!
- Builds your child’s skills in storytelling and fine motor skills
- This boy dollhouse toy is also great for playing with other kids so it’s great for developing your son’s social skills
- Excellent quality construction
- Helps awaken a sense of wonder in your boy
- Your son can fit dolls, knights, as well as toy vehicles in the castle to play with
- Elegant wood construction
Hape All Seasons Kid’s Wooden Dollhouse Furnished with Accessories
Your little boy will have tons of fun playing with this gender neutral Hape All Seasons Kid’s Wooden Dollhouse!
It features a classic wooden design, 3 levels and an open face style.
Your son can access the rooms and floors from the back, front, sides, and top, giving him a wide variety of way to play.
It’s easy to assemble and includes instructions that are clear and easy to follow. All items and accessories are made with non-toxic finishes so they are safe for your child.
It comes in furnished and unfurnished versions so you have the option to customize the inside of the house. The furnished set comes with a bathroom set, living room, dining room, and lots more.
This Hape dollhouse is a great way to help develop your son’s imagination, role playing and interactive skills.
Hape Geometrics Kid’s Wooden Dollhouse
Tap into your future architect’s potentials with the Hape Geometrics Kid’s Wooden Dollhouse!
Why settle for an ordinary dollhouse when your little guy can explore this unique alternative.
It’s a great way to stimulate him and keep him busy while helping his development.
This wooden dollhouse for boys features modular rooms and is made up of a triangle, a divided rectangle, and a polygon.
These uniquely shaped rooms can be rearranged in countless different ways which encourages your child’s creativity to create a different pattern each time.
This could be the toy that wakes up the designer in your little boy. What better way to get him started?
He can line the rooms up side by side, stack them, or he can completely invent new ways to do it. There are endless possibilities!
It will provide hours of entertainment for your son while he builds the little dolls homes in many different shapes and sizes.
The set includes stylish furniture which he can move around and arrange as he decorates the interior, and a doll family that provides a great way for him to explore his nurturing side.
He can shuffle the house design to a high rise, a rambler, or a 2 story. Or he can create his own one-of-a-kind design. Who knows? He may just be a future CEO and top developer!
Your son will be encouraged to create and tell stories as the family goes off on different adventures.
In true Hape style, it’s made from non-toxic material and wood that comes from environmentally sustainable forests.
Plus the solid wood construction makes this a great investment which will last for years!
Why We Recommend The Hape Geometrics Kid’s Wooden Dollhouse
- It’s tons of fun for your son to play with!
- Develops your child’s imagination
- Helps improve your boy’s fine motor skills and problem solving abilities
- Enhances his creativity and storytelling skills
- Made from non-toxic material and environmentally friendly wood
- Helps develop your son’s nurturing abilities
- Countless possibilities for your child’s imagination
Ryan’s Room Wooden Dollhouse – Home Is Where the Heart Is
Ignite your little boy’s imagination with the Ryan’s Room Wooden Dollhouse – Home Is Where the Heart Is!
This simple wooden dollhouse offers lots of ways to let your son’s imagination run wild.
One advantage of its bare design compared to fully decorated houses is that there are lots of rooms for your boy to decorate to his own taste and style.
It’s a great opportunity to let your child create his own world and think of creative ways to fill the house with endless stories.
There are three stories that are wide and spacious so he can fit in figures and furniture as he sees fit.
Have fun with your son as you mix and match different items to make the house come alive!
Your boy can design, accessorize and arrange different items which is great practice for being organized and creative.
The open design of the house allows for easy access. No need to open flimsy doors or squint through little holes.
The wide open spaces lets him see everything that is going on in every room and every floor of the house.
Another great addition to the dollhouse is its built-in handle on the roof so it can be easily carried across rooms which also makes it easy to put away after playtime.
The stairs on the second to third floor also make it more realistic for the people in the house to move around.
It’s perfect for boys from 24 months up to 5 years!
Why We Recommend The Ryan’s Room Wooden Dollhouse
- Fantastic open plan dollhouse for boys to decorate in their own fun creative way!
- Lots of room for creativity and innovation!
- Spacious and versatile so your son can add almost any item he wants to go inside the house. Collect furniture, cars, family members, and more
- Big enough for two or more kids to play, encouraging social skills
- Clean design and sturdy construction
- Lightweight and easy to move around
- Carry handle makes it fast and easy to transport
Tips For Buying A Dollhouse For Boys
Nowadays, there are many boys who play with dollhouses made specifically for them as well as gender neutral dollhouses that are suitable for both boys and girls.
These toys help boys develop creativity, tap into their imagination and explore their storytelling, role playing and pretend play skills.
Police stations, fire stations, hospitals, pet clinics are just some of the many boy dollhouse themes available that can introduce different professions to young boys.
Choosing dollhouses for boys can be tricky and a bit overwhelming. You want him to play with it and learn from it at the same time. You may even want a house that requires little supervision from you.
A dollhouse is also an investment, especially if you have several boys in the family. If it’s going to be passed down from child to child, you’ll want something durable so it can withstand the rough and tumble play of boys.
How to buy the right one is always the question. Not all are well-made and not all are appropriate when it comes to your son’s age.
Here are some top tips to help you choose the best dollhouse for your boy:
- Find out what your son wants. Boys will only play with toys they like and find interesting.
- Choose an ‘open’ house, maybe one where the top or roof comes off. This will help ensure your boy can reach inside to rearrange furniture and play with the dolls and accessories.
- You can choose to buy a fully furnished dollhouse or you can buy him an unfurnished one which will allow him to choose his own furniture and dolls from his favorite toys.
- If you’re going to let you son use his own dolls, etc, make sure the house you buy will fit whatever he’s going to want to use in it.
- Consider the dimensions of the house and make sure it’s going to fit wherever you’ll be putting it. Some houses can even be placed outside, which is a great choice if your boy loves playing outdoors.
- As with any toy, keep in mind that if it has small parts, they’re a potential choking hazard. So look for one that’s age appropriate.
- Choose those made of safe, hypoallergenic and non-toxic materials.
Playing with a dollhouse is a great way to provide a perfect venue for your son to express his feelings and ideas, which is wonderful for boys who are too young or haven’t quite figured out how to put their feelings into words.
Boys dollhouses are an ideal way for your little guy to learn how to nurture and interact with others. And they’re a great way to help him develop his social skills, whether he’s interacting with just dolls or other people.
If you have a specific dollhouse in mind, we hope the tips we’ve shared with you will make your online toy shopping easier.
- Best Toys For 8 Year Old Boys 2019
- Best Toys For 9 Year Old Boys 2019
- Best Toys For 7 Year Old Boys 2019
- Best Toys For 10 Year Old Boys 2019
- Best Toys For 2 Year Old Boys 2019
- Cool Toys For Teenage Guys 2019
- Best Toys For 5 Year Old Boys 2019
- Best Toys For 6 Year Old Boys 2019
- Best Toys For 11 Year Old Boys 2019
- Best Toys For 1 Year Old Boys 2019
- Best Toys For 4 Year Old Boys 2019
- Best Toys For 12 Year Old Boys 2019
- Best Toys For 3 Year Old Boys 2019