Check Table of Contents
A Word from a Psychologist
Written By: Psychologist Natasha Tanic
- Bucket baby and toddler swings provide relaxation and endless fun while keeping your child safe and comfortable
- They are great for teaching your child body awareness and coordination
Swinging is one of the Favorite Outdoor Activities
Spending time outside is essential for a child’s health and development. Babies and toddlers enjoy swinging.
However, swings are not just a source of fun.
They provide young kids with opportunities to practice their balance and coordination.
In addition, swinging improves gross motor skills and helps children understand their bodies’ movements (body awareness).
Swinging engages the vestibular system, responsible for the body’s position in space, helping your child learn about gravity and their body’s reaction to it.
Wind Rider Glider Swing
The Wind Rider Glider Swing is a unique type of swing that your child will have lots of fun on!
This single child glider is designed to allow younger children to swing themselves without needing anyone to push them. It’s easy for your child to start, speed up, slow down, or stop, and all they have to do to keep the glider moving is lean forward and back with their body.
The comfortable seat offers some nice sturdy back support for your child and it has hand grips and foot holds.
This Wind Rider Glider is easy to assemble but it doesn’t come with any hardware. The included chains will attach to any standard swing hangers so if you’re hanging it where you already have hooks, you’ll be OK. If not, you’ll have to purchase the hardware you’ll need (sold separately).
This glider swing is a great way to improve your child’s coordination and strength and it’s a great addition to any backyard. It also helps younger children make the transition from a toddler swing to a regular swing.
Why We Recommend The Wind Rider Glider Swing
- Kids think the gliding motion is lots of fun!
- Sturdy and safe
- Improves your child’s strength and coordination
- Smaller kids don’t need anyone to push them
- Helps your child transition from a toddler swing to a regular swing
- Comfortable high back seat
- Easy to assemble and put up
Eastern Jungle Gym High Back Full Bucket Toddler Swing Seat
The Eastern Jungle Gym Heavy-Duty High Back Full Bucket Toddler Swing Seat allows you to swing your infant safely while they have lots of fun!
The seat itself is made of heavy duty polymer plastic. It measures 11.5″ from front to back, and is 10″ wide.
The rust resistant chain is 66″ long and can be adjusted up to a 9 foot swing beam. The bottom 30″ of the chain is coated in plactisol, a soft and flexible material that helps prevent tiny fingers from being pinched.
Recommended for kids 1 to 5 years of age, this full bucket toddler swing seat comes fully assembled. It can be attached to an existing swing, a tree branch or a beam, but it doesn’t come with any hanging hardware so that will have to be purchased separately.
If you’re looking for a safe, long lasting infant/toddler swing seat, this Eastern Jungle Gym High Back Full Bucket Toddler Seat is well worth considering.
Why We Recommend The Eastern Jungle Gym High Back Full Bucket Toddler Swing Seat
- Improves your child’s sensory integration
- Very safe
- Provides good back support for your child
- Heavy duty seat and chain
- 30″ of the chain is coated in plastisol, which ensures your child’s fingers won’t get pinched
- Chain length can be adjusted, so this swing will grow with your child
- Versatile hanging options
- Durable and built to last
- Rust resistant
Step2 Infant to Toddler Swing Seat
Your child will have tons of fun as they soar safely through the air in the awesome Step2 Infant to Toddler Swing Seat!
Comfortable for your child and easy for you to get them into and out of, this seat is ideal for kids 9 months to 3 years old.
The restraint bar holds them securely in place and the seat is designed with a slight dip in the center to prevent your little one from leaning too far forward.
The weather resistant rope is included with the swing and the seat is really easy to clean.
Made in the USA, this Step2 swing seat has a 50 pound weight limit and can be hung from a swing set, a beam or tree branch. It can also be attached to the Step2 Playhouse Climber, Swing Extension, and Adventure Lodge Play Center, all sold separately.
This fun swing seat is worth considering if you’re looking for an outdoor toy that will be lots of fun for both your child and you!
Why We Recommend The Step2 Infant to Toddler Swing Seat
- Kids love swinging in it!
- Restraint bar keeps your child safe and snug while swinging
- Ideal for kids up to 50 lbs
- Helps develop your child’s spatial awareness
- Easy to get your child into and out of
- Seat is easy to clean
- Durable and made to last
- Assembly is quick and easy
- Rope is weather resistant
- Grows with your child
Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug ‘n Secure Swing
The Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug ‘n Secure Swing is a nice little swing that your infant or small toddler will love swinging in!
Designed to grow with your child from baby to toddler, this outdoor swing has some great features.
The T-bar holds your baby safely in place and rotates down so you can easily load and unload you child.
When your child gets bigger and no longer needs the T-bar, it can be removed. At that point, if your toddler still needs to be secured into the swing, you can use the adjustable shoulder straps. If not, the shoulder straps also easily move out of the way.
A lot of parents love that the shoulder strap buckles have covers that can only be accessed from the bottom. This is a great safety feature that prevents your toddler from unbuckling themselves.
It can be hung from an existing swing set or tree branch and comes with heavy duty hanging ropes. There’s a large S-clip on the end of each rope, but depending on where you’re hanging it, you may need other hardware (sold separately).
Made in the USA, this Little Tikes swing has a maximum weight limit of 50 lbs. It’s a great little swing that grows with your child and will provide them with years of outdoor fun!
Why We Recommend The Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug ‘n Secure Swing
- It’s safe
- Can be used from baby up to toddlers
- T-bar holds your baby safely in place
- T-bar rotates down for easy loading and unloading
- T-bar can be removed once your child is bigger
- Adjustable shoulder straps hold your toddler securely in place
- Covers on shoulder strap buckles ensure your toddler can’t unbuckle themselves
- Easy to assemble
- Made in the USA and built to last
Frequently Asked Questions
We will be adding frequently asked questions shortly.