Make your family game nights exciting and inclusive with the best board games for 2 year olds!
Board games are not only a fun part of childhood, but they can also teach your child various values that are needed as they navigating through life.
These values include taking turns, cooperative play, and following directions and rules. Board games are also an excellent way for your child to develop their problem solving, reasoning, and thinking skills.
Playing games from an early age is not only fun for your toddler, it’s also a wonderful way to increase bonding with other family members and friends.
With that in mind, here’s a look at our handpicked list of great board games for 2 year olds. We’re confident you’ll find at least one game here that your little one can have lots of fun playing.
- 10 Fun Board Games For 2 Year Olds
- Skoolzy Peg Board Game Set
- Toyk Aqua Magic Mat – Kids Painting Writing Doodle Board Game
- Betheaces Water Drawing Mat Aqua Magic Doodle Toy Board Game
- AMOSTING Color Matching Mosaic Pegboard Game
- HABA Town Maze Magnetic Board Game
- Peaceable Kingdom Monkey Around Board Game
- HABA My Very First Games – First Orchard Cooperative Board Game
- CozyBomB Magnetic Wooden Fishing Board Game
- HABA My Very First Games Little Garden – Cooperative Board Game
- MindWare Seek-a-Boo Board Game
10 Fun Board Games For 2 Year Olds
Skoolzy Peg Board Game Set
The Skoolzy Peg Board Game Set provides your 2 year old with a number of different ways to play, while mastering some educational skills such as developing fine motor skills, color recognition, stacking, and counting.
It can also later be used for simple addition and subtraction concepts.
In addition, an inventive parent can use this game board to make up simple games that will help their two year old develop basic game play skills.
The Skoolzy Peg Board Game Set consists of the peg board, thirty oversized pegs in six different colors, a lacing string to string the pegs, and a die with one of the six colors on each side.
This peg set is non toxic, and BPA, Phthalate and lead free, making it safe for your 2 year old to play with.
You can use this peg board to play a simple 2 person game: Throw the dice and then place a peg of the color shown on the dice on the board. The next person does the same.
Continue playing until all the holes are covered or continue by stacking the pegs until all the pegs are gone.
While there are no winners or losers in this game, playing with the Skoolzy Peg Board Game will give your child the basic knowledge of what games are all about.
Why We Recommend The Skoolzy Peg Board Game Set
- Children find playing with these pegs fun and don’t realize that they are developing valuable skills when doing so
- Helps your child develop fine motor skills
- Helps your child learn color recognition and counting skills
- Can be used to teach your child to follow directions
- Can be used to teach basic math skills
- Grows with your child, lasting for several years of play
Toyk Aqua Magic Mat – Kids Painting Writing Doodle Board Game
The ToyK Aqua Magic Mat Doodle Board Game is a large drawing mat designed to allow your 2 year old’s creativity to flow as they draw or write whatever they wish alone or with other toddlers.
This magic mat includes the mat itself (which measures 40” X 28”), six magic pens, eight drawing molds, four drawing templates, one drawing book, and one jigsaw.
In order for your two year old to draw, the pens need to be filled with clear water.
The board is non toxic and your child will be fascinated when their drawings magically disappear, which takes anywhere from three to ten minutes. This allows your 2 year old to use this board over and over!
Many parents find that this drawing board game is appropriate for their two year old to use, as long as the child is supervised.
Why We Recommend The ToyK Aqua Magic Mat Doodle Board Game
- Young children find drawing on this mat fun and in awe of the disappearing pictures!
- This magic mat helps your child develop their fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Giving your child a large open space on which to draw or write encourages their creativity
- The templates and molds that come with this set can be used to help your child learn numbers, letters, and shapes
- Encourages cooperative play and sharing
- Your child can play on their own or with siblings and friends for oodles of fun!
- Encourages your child to express themselves through drawing and painting
Betheaces Water Drawing Mat Aqua Magic Doodle Toy Board Game
Two year olds will love the Betheaces Water Drawing Mat Aqua Magic Doodle Toy Board Game as it’s pack with creativity and fun!
Made from non-toxic polyester material, the mat itself is 34.5″ X 22.5″. Along with the mat, you also get 2 pens (that need to be filled with water to work), six templates, four stencils, and one drawing booklet.
Mat folds to compact size for storage and traveling which parents love.
The stencils are of methods of transportation, fruit, vegetables and one with the sun, moon, star and a cloud.
Your 2 year old can use the stencils to make pictures, use the drawing book to learn how to draw simple animals and pictures, or draw whatever they wish all on their own.
Once your child draws or writes on this board game, their work will disappear within three to ten minutes, filling your child with awe and arousing their curiosity as to how this magic happens!
Why We Recommend The Betheaces Water Drawing Mat Aqua Magic Doodle Toy Board Game
- Brilliant fun board game for your child to enjoy on their own or with friends and siblings!
- Drawing and writing on this board will help your child develop their fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- This drawing board game will help to unleash your child’s creativity
- Your child will learn shapes when using some of these templates and stencils
- Since this board is large enough for more than child to draw on at once it is perfect for co-operative play
- As your child gets older, this mat can be used to play versions of tic,tac,toe, hangman and even pictionary
AMOSTING Color Matching Mosaic Pegboard Game
The Amosting Color Matching Mosaic Peg Board Game is a simple toy designed to both entertain 2 year olds and help them develop important skills they will need as they grow.
This peg board set contains a peg board storage container, 46 buttons (1.3″ in size) of varying colors, and 10 pictures with holes to fill with pegs.
Your child can also use the peg board to create their own patterns and designs.
This peg board can be used in various ways.
Your child can sort the pegs by colors, count them, use them for simple addition and subtraction, and for making their own patterns.
The rounded pegs are easy to place in the holes, and the size of the pegs makes them easy for small children to handle.
This peg board game is recommended for children 2 years and up, but parental supervision is advised.
Why We Recommend The Amosting Color Matching Mosaic Peg Board Game
- Great fun board games for your child to enjoy!
- Helps your child develop fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Encourages your child’s creativity since many children do want to make their pictures and patterns after working the cards
- Help your child develop their color matching and sorting skills
- Children find this activity fun and will spend a long period of time doing each picture
- Helps your child begin to understand patterns
HABA Town Maze Magnetic Board Game
This HABA Town Maze Magnetic Game Board is a solo game that 2 year olds love.
The object of this game is for your child to get all the metal balls into their proper garages by using a magic wand with a magnet on the end to move the balls through the grooved path.
The board measures 10″ X 8.75″.
There are a couple of road blocks that your child will either have to move around or go through in order to reach their destination.
Children really like moving the metal balls with the wand and will spend a long time playing this board game.
This game is recommended for children age 2 and up.
Why We Recommend the Town Maze Magnetic Board Game
- Kids love trying to move the balls through the different roadblocks to get to the destinations!
- This solo game for young children helps them develop hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills
- Children begin learning some basic spatial skills
- Early problem solving is involved in this board game as two year olds learn to work their way around the road blocks
- Allows your child to explore their ability to think and reason in a fun and relaxed manner
- Helps your child develop their concentration
Peaceable Kingdom Monkey Around Board Game
As a parent, you know how difficult it is for most 2 years old to sit still for any length of time, which is what makes the Peaceable Kingdom Monkey Around Board Game so much fun for your child.
Now they can play a board game that actually demands they move in order to play.
This game consists of a board with a tree that has spaces for fitting on 5 of the 40 cards that come with game. It also has a bean bag banana to add to the fun.
One at a time, the players draw a card and must act out what the card tells them to do.
Activities include such things as shaking hands, standing on one foot or balancing the banana on their head.
The game is normally quick since it ends when all of the blanks on the tree are filled.
However you can keep playing the game until the cards run out if you prefer.
This is a great board game for family game night as it is suitable for children as young as two, but older children and even adults get a kick out of playing this game as well!
Why We Recommend The Monkey Around Board Game
- It helps your child develop both gross and fine motor skills in a fun way
- Helps your child learn about taking turns when playing a game
- Children learn to follow directions
- Your child learns about cooperative play
- Game can be tweaked to meet your child’s growing development
- This game is just plain fun and full of giggles!
HABA My Very First Games – First Orchard Cooperative Board Game
This HABA First Orchard Cooperative Board Game is a simplified version of the original orchard game, designed for two year olds and older.
This game is designed for one to four children to play together for added fun and excitement!
Working as a team, players try to pick all fruit off the four fruit trees before the raven reaches the end of the path.
All of the players work together, and if successful, they all win, if not they all lose together.
The board game comes with 1 raven, 1 fruit basket, 4 green apples, 4 red apples, 4 pares, 4 plums, 5 path cards, 4 trees and 1 colored die.
Players take turn rolling the die and then picking a fruit that matches the color that shows on the die.
The raven moves 1 more step (path card) towards the orchard.
If the players get all the fruit in the basket before the raven reaches the orchard, the players win.
Each game takes about ten minutes to play, which is perfect for two year old children with shorter attention spans.
Why We Recommend The First Orchard Cooperative Board Game
- This game helps your child learn about taking turns
- Helps to develop language skills as children talk to one another during play
- Helps children learn about team work and cooperative play
- Children begin to understand following directions and rules
- They also learn about sportsmanship
- Helps children with early color recognition
CozyBomB Magnetic Wooden Fishing Board Game
This CozyBomB Magnetic Wooden Fishing Board Game is a fun game for 2 year olds and will them giggling with excitement!
Your child can play this game alone or with one or two others.
The idea of the game is to catch the fish both swimming in the ocean and those under the ice.
While this board game is a ton of fun for your little one, it is also highly educational since it helps your two year old with color and letter recognition, counting, identifying patterns.
It also help develop your child’s fine motor skills and more.
This game consists of a play board (with a section that is Ice under the board), 26 fish that have the alphabet on one side and colored patterns on the opposite side, 2 fishing rods for ocean fishing, and one cat doll magnet for ice fishing, as well as instructions on how to play.
The company that makes this game also donates 1% of their profits to non-profit organizations in developing countries to help children in those countries who have no toys to play with.
Why We Recommend The CozyBomB Magnetic Wooden Fishing Board Game
- Tons of fun and giggles for your child to enjoy when playing board game by themselves or with others
- Helps develop your child’s fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Your child will learn to recognize colors and patterns
- Helps children learn and recognize the alphabet
- Children learn about taking turns
- Children also learn problem solving (how to get the fish from under the ice)
- The letters can be used for early spelling for your child
HABA My Very First Games Little Garden – Cooperative Board Game
The HABA My Very First Games Little Garden – Cooperative Board Game is a fun game for 2 year olds to play.
The object of this game is for players to help Gabriel the gardener plant, water, and grow his garden before the pesky mole digs them up.
This game can be played by 1 to 3 players and takes 10 to 20 minutes depending on how fast the game play goes.
The board game allows your two year old to learn briefly about the planting and growing of plants, color recognition and more.
This game includes the game board, patch cards, Molly mole, 3 mole hill cards, color die, watering can, wheelbarrow, bucket of carrots and strawberries and a bouquet of tulips.
It’s a cooperative game where children all win or lose together!
Why We Recommend The Little Garden Cooperative Board Game
- Brilliant fun board game for your child to play on their own or with friends and family
- Helps your child develop language and communication skills
- Encourages your two year old to engage in team work and cooperative play
- Teaches your child to be patient and wait their turn
- Helps develop your child’s fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Helps improve your child’s concentration
- Encourages good sportsmanship in your child
- Helps children with color recognition
MindWare Seek-a-Boo Board Game
This MindWare Seek-A-Boo Board Game is memory matching game for 2 year olds who love the excitement of a challenge!
The game consists of 36 circular ‘seek me cards’ and 36 square ‘find me cards’. The large laminated cards are designed to last for countless hour of game play.
There are 6 categories of cards: Colors, shapes, animals, food, toy,s and outdoor things.
You can use one or more categories per game depending on the age of your child and how long you want the game to last.
There are several different ways for you to play the board game, making it fun for your two year old and their friends and siblings to play over and over again!
Why We Recommend MindWare Seek-A-Boo Board Game
- Kids love this board game and have great fun playing it!
- Helps your child develop some of their large motor skills
- Helps your child with color, shape, animal, food, etc. recognition
- Encourages communication for your child and helps to improve their volcabulary
- Teaches your child about taking turns
- Encourages sportsmanship amongst your child and their friends and siblings
- Several different ways to play this toy board game to keep your 2 year old entertained
- Helps improve your child’s concentration and memory