The best blocks for toddlers are ones that allow your child to get creative, have fun, and build things they can enjoy playing with.
Building blocks can help form some wonderful childhood memories for your toddler and they can inspire your child to let their imagination run wild.
They can also lay the foundation for early visual thinking and help develop your child’s fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and problem solving skills.
Does your toddler like stacking blocks so they can knock them down? Or do they like building houses for their stuffed animals and toy figures?
How about building all kinds of fun animals to play with? What about constructing a cool skyscraper to show their friends?
No matter what your toddler enjoys building, you’ll find a block set on our list that will allow them to build to their heart’s content.
We’ve searched around and sifted through tons of toddler building block sets so we could bring you only the best of the best.
Big blocks, little blocks, magnetic blocks, and wooden blocks. Block sets for beginners, experienced builders, and everyone in between.
Regardless of what stage your little builder is at, we’re confident that you’ll find a block set on our list that your toddler will be thrilled to play with.
- 10 Top Building Blocks Sets For Your Toddlers Development
- Mega Blocks 80 Piece Big Building Bag (Classic)
- K’Nex Lincoln Logs 100th Anniversary Tin (111 Pieces)
- Melissa & Doug Extra Thick Cardboard Building Blocks
- Tegu 8 Piece Pocket Pouch Magnetic Wooden Block Set
- Mega Blocks Deluxe Building Bag 150 Piece
- Melissa And Doug 100 Piece Wooden Building Block Set
- Mega Bloks Smiley Tiger
- Infantino Squeeze And Stack Block Set
- Cubbie Lee Premium Wooden Building Block Set (100 Piece)
- Melissa & Doug K’s Kids Match And Build Soft Block Set
10 Top Building Blocks Sets For Your Toddlers Development
Mega Blocks 80 Piece Big Building Bag (Classic)
This Mega Blocks 80 Piece Big Building Bag Classic set comes with everything your little building needs to start creating masterpieces.
Also available in Pink, Stack, Learn Math, and Trendy, the Classic set is compatible with all the other sets and comes in a PVC free bag with a zipper and a hand strap for easy transport and storage.
The blocks are BPA and PVC free and their size prevents them from being a choking hazard for younger kids.
These Mega blocks can be used with other Mega block sets to provide even more building fun. There are a number of different shapes that allow your child to build a variety of different objects making building with these blocks even more fun.
And in addition to the colorful blocks in this set, you also get some wheels so your toddler can build all kinds of vehicles and then play with them.
Not only are these blocks great for building, your child can also use them to practice color recognition, counting and sorting. Plus they’re a wonderful way to expand your toddler’s imagination and help develop their dexterity, fine motor skills, and problem solving skills.
Recommended for kids 1 to 5 years old, this Mega Blocks Building Set offers your child hours of building fun and pretend play.
Why We Recommend The Classic Mega Blocks 80 Piece Big Building Bag
- Kids think these blocks are tons of fun to play with
- Your toddler will be able to build lots of different things with this set, including vehicles with wheels
- These blocks fit together easily, allowing your child to build with less frustration
- They can be used an a fun educational aid for color recognition, counting, and sorting
- These blocks encourages your child’s creativity and allow for open ended play
- This block set can help your child develop problem solving skills as they figure out to build different things
- Great way to develop your toddler’s fine motor skills
- These blocks are durable and should last for years
- They’re very colorful and is sure to appeal to young kids
- This set is large enough for two kids to build together, which encourages cooperative play and helps develop your toddler’s socialization and language skills
- They’re BPA and PVC free
- This block set will grow with your child; as they get older, they will learn to build more and more intricate objects
- These blocks are large, making them easier for small kids to handle and put together
K’Nex Lincoln Logs 100th Anniversary Tin (111 Pieces)
This K’Nex Lincoln Logs 111 Piece 100th Anniversary Tin proves that while modern technology is great, sometimes you just can’t beat old style tried and true toys.
Made of high quality maple wood, this 111 all wood piece set is a great way to get your child’s creative juices flowing and allow their imagination to soar.
It has everything your little builder needs to create a masterpiece, including logs, roof slats, facades, a chimney piece and lots more.
All the pieces come in a collectible tin that’s perfect for storage and transport, plus it’s large enough to store a few extra Lincoln Logs in.
Made in the USA, these logs will hold up for generations of building fun. In addition to the blocks, this set also comes with a few building ideas to get your child started.
They’re a wonderful way to develop your child’s fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, spatial awareness, and problem solving skills.
Recommended for kids 3 and up, Lincoln Logs are loved by kids of all ages. Even adults enjoy building with them.
Lincoln Logs have been entertaining kids who enjoy building for over 100 years. So whether building a old fashioned log cabin, or a log garage for play cars, this set of Lincoln Logs is sure to be a great addition to any child’s creative toy collection.
Why We Recommend The K’Nex Lincoln Logs 111 Piece 100th Anniversary Tin
- Lincoln Logs are tons of fun to build with!
- This block set encourages your child to use their imagination
- Can help develop your child’s fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Made from high quality maple wood
- Durable and sure to last for years
- Great way to develop your toddler’s spatial awareness and problem solving skills
- They come in a tin container that’s ideal for storage and transport
- Parents think they give you great value for your money
Melissa & Doug Extra Thick Cardboard Building Blocks
These Melissa & Doug Extra Thick Cardboard Building Blocks make a fun and safe set to get your child interesting in building.
There are 24 red, yellow, and blue blocks in this set and they come in 3 different sizes. Lightweight and easy to use, once put together they’re very sturdy. In fact, the red blocks can hold up to 150 lbs of weight.
Kids love using these oversized building blocks to build towers to knock down, hideouts for stuffed animals or figurines, and lots of other fun things.
Because of the size, smaller kids will need some help using these blocks, which makes it a great shared activity for older kids and family members to get in on.
Although they’re recommended for kids 2 to 4 years old, parents say that kids as young as a year and as old 6 also enjoy using these blocks. They’re lightweight, making them easy for small kids to stack and carry around, and cleaning is a breeze because all you have to do is wipe off the surface.
These Melissa & Doug Extra Thick Cardboard Building Blocks are sure to capture your child’s attention and make them eager to develop their building skills.
Why We Recommend The Melissa & Doug Extra Thick Cardboard Building Blocks
- Kids have lots of fun playing with them!
- Although cardboard, these blocks are durable and made to last
- The red blocks hold up to 150 lbs, so kids can have fun standing on them or using them as big stepping stones
- The large size of these blocks allowing children to build big things
- They’re easy to put together
- These blocks encourage your child to use their imagination and creativity
- These Melissa & Doug blocks are lightweight, making them easy for small kids to stack and carry
- They help develop your child’s problem solving skills and visual thinking
- Great way to improve you toddler’s fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Wonderful shared activity, which helps develop your child’s socialization skills
Tegu 8 Piece Pocket Pouch Magnetic Wooden Block Set
The Tegu 8 Piece Pocket Pouch Magnetic Wooden Block Set is a great little travel toy for young children.
This compact set easily fits into most diaper bags and purses, and all the pieces are made from sustainable wood.
The set consists of 4 cubes and 4 flat planks, and despite the fact that there are only 8 pieces in total, you’ll be truly amazed by how many things your child can build.
All the pieces in this Tegu set have a water-based lacquer finish, and they are made from lead free, plastic free, non-toxic material.
Because they’re magnetic, the pieces hold together very well, and they’re a great way to help develop your toddler’s fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, problem solving skills, and spatial awareness.
Recommended for kids between 1 and 4 years old, the blocks in this set can be combined with other Tegu block sets for even more building fun. And they come with a convenient little pouch that makes storage and transport easy.
If you’re looking for an entertaining travel toy that will keep your child happily occupied, this Tegu 8 Piece Pocket Pouch Magnetic Wooden Block Set may well fit the bill.
Why We Recommend The Tegu 8 Piece Pocket Pouch Magnetic Wooden Block Set
- These blocks are fun for kids and they enjoy figuring out how many different objects they build with them
- Parents like that this block set is compact and the ideal size for traveling
- These Tegu blocks come with their own convenient pouch, making storage and transport very easy
- These blocks will help to fuel your child’s imaginative
- Great way to help develop your child’s spatial awareness and problem solving skills
- This block set can help your toddler improve their fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- This Tegu block set is well made and durable enough to last for years of play
Mega Blocks Deluxe Building Bag 150 Piece
The 150 piece Mega Bloks Deluxe Building Set is a great toy for kids who love building with lots of blocks.
This block set includes 150 colorful blocks in a number of different shapes and sizes. It comes with a reusable zipper bag that has a convenient handle on it plus a booklet that shows your child how to build different things.
The bag that comes with this set is roomy and will easily hold extra blocks or other small toys that your child may want to use when playing with these blocks.
In addition to being great fun to build with, these blocks can also help teach your toddler about colors, sorting and counting. They’re also a wonderful way to develop your child’s fine motor skills, visual thinking, hand-eye coordination, and problem solving skills.
Made of durable plastic, these large blocks are the ideal size for small hands and they fit together easily, so they’re great for toddlers and preschoolers. Plus, since there are 150 blocks in this set, it’s great for sharing, which can help your child learn about cooperative play.
Recommended for kids between 1 and 5 years old, this Mega Blocks Deluxe Building Set is a fun and educational way to keep your little one occupied and engaged.
Why We Recommend The 150 Piece Mega Blocks Deluxe Building Set
- Kids think these colorful blocks are tons of fun to play with!
- The blocks are large and just the right size for little hands
- These Mega building blocks fit together easily, making them less frustrating for your child to build with
- They are very well made and designed to last
- Great way to help your child develop problem solving skills and visual thinking
- Can be used to teach your child about colors, sorting, and counting
- These blocks will help your child release their creativity
- This set is large enough to share, which helps develop your child’s socialization skills
- Can help develop your toddler’s fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- These blocks grow with your child because as they get older and develop their building skills, they can build bigger things
Melissa And Doug 100 Piece Wooden Building Block Set
This Melissa And Doug 100 Piece Wooden Building Block Set has enough blocks to allow your child to engage in lots of awesome building projects.
The 100 blocks come in 4 bright colors (red, yellow, blue, and green), and 9 different shapes. Not only is this set great for building, it can also help your child learn about sorting, shapes, and counting.
On top of that, playing with these Melissa And Doug wooden blocks can also help develop your child’s fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, spatial awareness, and problem solving skills.
Each block has a rounded edge and a smooth painted finish. The paint is lead free.
Recommended for kids between 3 and 8 years of age, the number and variety of blocks in this set will have your little builder dreaming up all kinds of things to create. Plus there are enough blocks for sharing, so siblings or friends can join in the fun too.
This set of 100 Melissa And Doug Wooden Building Blocks is a great way to provide your child with hours of fun and encourage them to engage their creativity.
Why We Recommend The Melissa And Doug 100 Piece Wooden Building Block Set
- Kids think these colorful blocks are tons of fun to play with!
- Great way to encourage your child’s creativity
- These blocks are high quality and sure to last for years of active use
- They make a great educational tool and can be used to help your child learn about color recognition, sorting, and counting
- This block set is great for open ended play
- Building with these blocks can help develop your child’s problem solving and spatial awareness skills
- These blocks stack easily making building with them even more fun
- This set has some shapes that are not normally found in other building sets, such as cylinders, allowing your child to build some unique things
Mega Bloks Smiley Tiger
If you’re looking for a super fun set of blocks for your toddler, then have a look at this wonderful Mega Bloks Smiley Tiger set that your child will simply love!
Now while we have featured the Tiger set of blocks, you also have four other cool sets to chose from, including Frog, Bunny, Panda and Puppy, so you’re bound to find one that will appeal to your toddler!
Each set has 25 blocks and they come in a bucket shaped in the animal you’ve chose, so for the Tiger set, the box is shaped like a tiger.
The lid of this cute storage container is shaped like a tiger’s head and the really neat thing is that your toddler can attach blocks to it and stack them from there!
All the blocks are colorful and very easy for young toddler’s hands to hold and manipulate.
Recommended for toddlers ages 1 to 5, several parents shared that it’s the perfect starter set of blocks for a toddler to play with.
They also mentioned that their toddlers love the animal shaped box and the number of blocks is enough to keep them engaged and entertained for long periods of time.
Because the box is so cute, your toddler will enjoy putting the blocks away once playtime is over, and it’s a really nice travel toy to keep your child amused on long trips or visits to a restaurant.
Why We Recommend The Mega Bloks Smiley Tiger
- Toddlers think these blocks are tons of fun to build with!
- Parents and toddlers absolutely adore the cute animal themed storage container for the blocks
- Lid of storage container is in the shape of a cute animal and your toddler can attach blocks to it!
- These blocks are easy to snap together for younger kids
- They really encourage your child to use their imagination
- Building with these blocks helps your child develop problem solving and visual thinking skills
- Parents love that these blocks are very age appropriate for toddlers
- Great way to improve your child’s fine motor skills and dexterity
- These blocks are exceptionally durable and sure to hold up for years of play
- They’re easy to clean, as you can just wipe them off with a damp cloth or spray them off with a hose
- You can always add to the set to expand the level of play and engagement for your toddler
Infantino Squeeze And Stack Block Set
If you’re looking for some soft blocks for your little one to play with, you may want to consider this Infantino Squeeze And Stack Block Set.
They make a fun squeaky sound when squeezed and they’re Phthalate, PVC and lead free.
Each block is about 2 inches square, which means they’re not a choking hazard for younger kids, and the sides of the blocks have numbers and cute animals on them.
These 8 colorful blocks come in a reusable pouch that’s handy for storage and transport. And they’re a great way to help your child learn about colors, numbers, animals, stacking, and sorting.
Initially babies like chewing on and just handling these blocks, and as they get older, they enjoy stacking them, building things, and even throwing them.
These blocks are suitable for babies and offer them something to play with during tummy time as well as when they begin sitting up and crawling. Older kids love stacking these blocks and knocking them down again.
This Infantino Squeeze And Stack Block Set is a great set of blocks for infants and young toddlers.
Why We Recommend The Infantino Squeeze And Stack Block Set
- This is a great block set for infants and a wonderful way to introduce them to stacking toys
- These blocks are fun for toddlers and provides them with a variety of ways to explore and play
- These blocks are easy for your child to stack
- They’re safe and easy to use for both babies and toddlers
- The size and texture of these blocks make them easy for your child to pick up and play with
- They’re Phthalate, PVC and lead free
- The bright colors are appealing to babies and toddlers
- They can be used to help teach your child about numbers, animals, colors, sorting, and stacking
- They’re well made and durable
Cubbie Lee Premium Wooden Building Block Set (100 Piece)
This 100 piece Cubbie Lee Premium Wooden Building Block Set has enough blocks for your little builder to build anything they want!
All the blocks are solid wood, and the paint used for this block set is non-toxic, lead and Phthalate free. Plus the blocks have no rough surfaces or sharp edges, so they’re completely safe for your child.
They come in 5 different colors (red, yellow, blue, green, and natural wood) and 9 different shapes, so your child can really get creative.
And for convenient storage and transport, they come in a durable cardboard container with a carry rope.
As well as building with these blocks, this set can also be used as an educational aid, helping your child learn about color identification, sorting, shapes, and counting. They’re also a great way to help develop your child’s hand-eye coordination, dexterity, spatial awareness skills, fine motor skills, and problem solving skills.
It should be noted that some of these blocks are small enough to pose a choking hazard for kids who still put objects in their mouths, so the recommended age is 3 and up.
In addition to being great for solitary play, this awesome Cubbie Lee block set has more than enough blocks for two or three kids to build and play together.
Why We Recommend The 100 Piece Cubbie Lee Premium Wooden Building Block Set
- This building block set can provide your child with hours of building fun!
- It’s colorful and appealing to kids of all ages
- The variety of shapes and sizes allows your child to build lots of different things
- These blocks are easy for small kids to grasp and stack
- This block can help improve your child’s problem solving, spatial awareness, and fine motor skills
- Great way to encourage your toddler’s creativity and imagination
- With 100 blocks in the set, it will grow with your child, allowing them to build bigger and more complex things as they get older
- These blocks can help your child learn about colors, shapes, sorting, and counting
- When your child uses these blocks to build with others they can learn about sharing and develop their socialization and language skills
- Made from solid wood and designed to last for years
Melissa & Doug K’s Kids Match And Build Soft Block Set
This Melissa & Doug K’s Kids Match And Build Soft Block Set is a great first block set for infants and young toddlers.
The set includes ten 3 inch cubes and 4 triangles that are the ideal size and texture for small hands to grasp and play with.
Each cloth covered block is brightly colored and has numbers and fun pictures of animals and objects on the sides. Some of the blocks even have flaps with pictures under them.
With these Melissa & Doug soft blocks, there’s no shortage of things for your child to do: They can build with them, stack them, or have fun matching the parts of the animals up so they can see a panda bear, an alligator, and a zebra.
They can also match up the parts of the ambulance and a school bus, match the number of objects to the correct number, and 9 of the blocks make a puzzle.
With so many different activities, this block set is sure to keep your child happily engaged for long periods of time, whether they’re playing on their own or with others. Plus parents love that these blocks can be washed, and they come with a handy case for easy storage and transport.
Although they’re recommended for kids 9 months to 3 years old, many parents said that they’re suitable for any child who can sit up on their own.
Why We Recommend The Melissa & Doug K’s Kids Match And Build Soft Block Set
- These colorful blocks are sure to grab your child’s attention and provide them with hours of fun!
- These blocks offer your child educational activities, including counting, matching, and a puzzle
- They can help your child develop their fine motor, problem solving, and visual thinking skills
- Great way to introduce your child to stacking and building
- They come with a case for convenient storage and transport
- These blocks can be washed in the washer and then dried in the dryer, so they’re easy to keep clean
- There are lots of things your child can do with this block set, making it well worth the cost
- Parents think they give you great value for your money