Most young girls and more than few young boys go through a phase where dolls are their favorite toys.
And what could better than having a baby doll that you can talk to and will talk to you return?
There are different types of baby dolls that talk and are favorites of little kids.
There are dolls that say just a few simple words like mom, dad, and baba, to dolls that say a number of words and phrases, to dolls that babble and giggle.
Here is a look at our top picks for the best talking dolls.
3 Top Baby Dolls That Talk
Baby Alive Happy Hungry Baby
This adorable Baby Alive Happy Hungry Baby has straight brown hair arranged in cute little pigtails.
She has large bright blue eyes and comes dressed in a sweet floral print dress.
Along with the doll itself, your child will also get some accessories, including a bib, a food dish, baby food, a special interactive spoon, a tray with legs, sippy cups, and 2 spare diapers.
There is a tummy button that activates the doll and allows her say over 50 sounds and phrases.
Kids love that they can make her real baby food by mixing water with one of the included food packets.
And when they use the special interactive spoon to feed her, she giggles and moves around, waiting for the next spoon full.
She’ll also say when she’s hungry, or wants a sip of water. And after feeding her and giving her a drink, your child can change her diaper.
This doll is perfect for 3 year olds who love playing house and want a baby who can actually talk to them.
Why We Recommend This Baby Alive Happy Hungry Baby
- Kids love all the fun sounds and phrases this baby doll makes
- Kids enjoy feeding her, giving her water, and changing her diaper
- Happy Hungry Baby can help your child learn some of the necessary chores involved in caring for a baby
- This baby doll can help develop your child’s nurturing skills
- Helps children improve their fine motor skills, dexterity, and hand-eye coordination
- Playing with dolls can help your child improve their verbal and social skills
- Young children learn responsibility when they’re tending to their baby doll’s needs, such as feeding and changing the doll’s diaper
- Allows children to see the world from a different perspective
- Can help teach small kids about child safety as they care for their baby doll as though she was
Baby Alive Lil Sounds Interactive Baby Doll
This cute little Baby Alive Lil Sounds Interactive Baby Doll has a beautiful light chocolate skin, painted curly black hair, and big brown eyes with long lashes.
She’s dressed in a cute pink floral dress and she comes with a pacifier.
This baby makes 10 adorable sounds, including crying, giggling, babbling, and yawning.
She also make sucking sounds when your child puts the pacifier into her mouth and whines when the pacifier is removed.
The Baby Alive Lil Sounds is only 10 inches long, making her the perfect doll for younger toddlers.
In addition to her small size, the painted hair and eyes ensure there’s no choking hazard, making it safe for kids under 3.
Like all Baby Alive dolls, you can purchase a host of accessories to go with the doll including additional outfits, diapers, diaper bags, and lots more.
This doll does take 1 AA battery (included) in order to make the sounds.
Why we recommend the Lil Sounds Baby Alive Doll
- Kids love the sounds and noises this baby doll makes!
- Toddlers have hours of fun caring for their baby and pretending to be mommy or daddy
- Can help your child develop their nurturing instincts early
- This doll babbles, which encourages small children to increase their verbal and social skills
- Can give kids companionship when they’re feeling lonely
- Offers little kids a lovely way to self soothe
- Teaches children responsibility as they learn to see to their baby doll’s needs
- Playing and taking care of this doll can your child develop their dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and fine motor skills
Baby Alive Step ‘N Giggle
Not only does the Baby Alive Step ‘N Giggle doll talk, she also steps (with your child’s help,) giggles, drinks, and wets her diaper.
This adorable doll comes with blonde hair done up in pigtails, pretty blue eyes, and cute blue glasses that match her eyes.
She’s dressed in a removable floral and striped outfit and kids love that her shoes light up each time she takes a step.
Pressing her tummy button because it activates 25 different sounds and phrases, including ‘I’m tired’, and ‘Whoa, look at my shoes!’.
This Baby Alive also comes with glasses, a bottle, comb and 1 diaper.
She does require one AA battery (included) in order to talk.
Your child will enjoy rocking this cute doll to sleep, feeding her, and giving her sips of water.
Shortly after drinking some water, this Baby Alive doll wets her diaper and will tell your child that she needs to be changed.
Since she only comes with one diaper, you may want to buy other Baby Alive diapers. Or, as some parents recommend, you can buy preemie diapers which is cheaper and will fit this doll nicely.
You can also purchase additional outfits for the this baby doll so your little one can have fun dressing her up in different outfits.
This doll is best suited for children who are 3 years and older.
Why We Recommend This Baby Alive Step ‘N Giggle Doll
- This doll provides hours of imaginative fun for your child
- Kids love that her shoes light up when she walks
- Kids enjoy all the words and phrases she says
- Playing with this baby doll can help your child learn and practice nurturing skills that will stay with them as they grow up
- Feeding and changing the Step ‘N Giggle doll can help kids improve their motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and dexterity
- Children will improve their communication and social skills by pretending to parent this baby doll
- Children learn responsibility by seeing to their doll’s needs
- By imagining themselves as a parent, kids are able to step outside themselves and see a different side of their world